Playing the Arland Trilogy in Order

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Playing the Arland Trilogy in Order

Postby Leon Tekashi » Thu May 02, 2013 6:16 am

A couple of months ago, I was playing Atelier Rorona but then I took a long break because of other games taking me away. I'm planning on finishing it eventually but just wondering, is it a good idea to play them in order to see how much the gameplay has evolved over the years?
Spoiler:

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Playing the Arland Trilogy in Order

Postby Leon Tekashi » Thu May 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
Leon Tekashi wrote:A couple of months ago, I was playing Atelier Rorona but then I took a long break because of other games taking me away. I'm planning on finishing it eventually but just wondering, is it a good idea to play them in order to see how much the gameplay has evolved over the years?

Yeah you should play em in order, aside from the evoloution part theres some things that are said in totori that that you wont get unless you play rorona, its similar to meruru, plus you'll be able to recognise a character if they show up in the game and what their like.

Huh, that is true. I almost forgot about recognizing characters in the next game and so on.
Spoiler:

epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby epikkhighh » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
Leon Tekashi wrote:A couple of months ago, I was playing Atelier Rorona but then I took a long break because of other games taking me away. I'm planning on finishing it eventually but just wondering, is it a good idea to play them in order to see how much the gameplay has evolved over the years?

Yeah you should play em in order, aside from the evoloution part theres some things that are said in totori that that you wont get unless you play rorona, its similar to meruru, plus you'll be able to recognise a character if they show up in the game and what their like.

yeah basically this. Do a speed runthrough of rorona and totori (rorona was easy, took me about ~15 hours?) totori was a bit tough though

MsFuruba
Vassal
Vassal

Postby MsFuruba » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:08 am

Although the references from game to game are slight and jumping into Totori before playing Meruru and Meruru before playing Totori is harmless, it's always nice to know when it's a character from a previous installment in the game and seeing how their character has aged (this is probably most notable with 'Sterky').

If you finish them all and manage to squeeze in Atelier Ayesha too, you'll be just in time for New Atelier Rorona and Atelier Escha and Logy's release next year.
Signature by ESYLD | PSN: Jill-N-Cheese | Now playing: ドラッグ オン ドラグーン3

lilliwn
Majin
Majin

Postby lilliwn » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:08 pm

it's a very good idea to play them in order.

Having plat all three games,
I'd say Rorona has the overall best story and writership of all three games.
The battle system is also unique in its using elemental properties to unlock each character's skill tree.
HP cast is always more technical for turn based combat in rpgs as well.

If you can look past its obvious inferior graphics (on the surface), it's actually a very well rounded game.
Each ending and character ending 'make sense' for their requirements.

From someone who has played rorona to an extent, I'd say you will be missing too much by skipping it.
Check out my channel: DungeonRPG!

Return to “Atelier Series”