Atelier Rorona NISA Cover

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Atelier Rorona NISA Cover

Postby vampko » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:21 am

lordryo wrote:Yeah but I was mainly talking about those who don't know about the game but might be interested. Had I never heard of it I'd still pick it up if I saw Rorona on the front, but might not notice it if it were just a staff. And since NISA is releasing a cover with Rorona on it I guess I get what I want.

Maybe that's part of the decision behind it? If it just has a staff on front, it might actually have a better chance of reaching Americans who don't already know about the franchise. Instead of a 'girly' cover. Heck, even some Americans would feel 'dirty' buying it if it had Rorona on the cover. Americans can be very silly, so maybe this was actually a smarter decision than people think? I know that a staff more represents a fantasy sort of title, so that might actually catch their attention better?

It's just my thoughts after thinking over it for a while.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 am

Yeah you're probably right, American's are weird.
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby magusgs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:12 pm

vampko wrote:Maybe that's part of the decision behind it? If it just has a staff on front, it might actually have a better chance of reaching Americans who don't already know about the franchise. Instead of a 'girly' cover. Heck, even some Americans would feel 'dirty' buying it if it had Rorona on the cover. Americans can be very silly, so maybe this was actually a smarter decision than people think? I know that a staff more represents a fantasy sort of title, so that might actually catch their attention better?

It's just my thoughts after thinking over it for a while.

Damn Americans and their rejection of moe. And loli. And 2D. And reading.
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Well, I can say after seeing it again, that it actually is a really beautiful cover, and I have no misgivings about it whatsoever.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Justin iZ Here
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Justin iZ Here » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:01 am

yeah when i picked up the game a while ago i also noticed the huge difference between the JP and US cover, i was a tad bit disappointed but what can you do...
Compa: my grandpa always said, "never give no manipulative bitch the benefit of a doubt".
i lold very hard
ImageImageImage

Return to “Atelier Series”