Atelier Rorona NISA Cover

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Atelier Rorona NISA Cover

Postby Gene » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:31 pm

grgspunk wrote:
Cats and dogs, regardless of their differences in genus, both require food, oxygen, water, as well as the proper organs to consume such resources, in order to survive. On the same note, both MW2 and Atelier Rorona, regardless of differences in genre and programming architecture, all require the proper hardware, software programming, and program testing in order to function properly.

Your statement doesn't make any connection to why patches are not exemplary to fix bugs like you stated.
So here we go, a guy who hates patch and want every game programmer to be perfect in their work. Which so unrealistic. I should say "Welcome to the real world" :lol:

grgspunk wrote:People have found plenty of bugs in NISA's games before, regardless of how "simple" they seem compared to other games. NISA specializes in localization, not programming/software development--If they can create strange bugs in the localization phase despite the games' perceived simplicity in programming architecture, it's entirely possible they can create inexplicable bugs by releasing patches, so it's imperative that they be thorough with their testing as early as possible before they release the game. If they make efforts to minimize the chances of needing future patches by investing time in the testing/localization process, they'll be able to save a whole lot of time/money/effort trying to update the game after it's released.

Apparently NISA has a tight time schedule where they do not spend much time QCing the entire game because of the deadline and money. This has been discussed many times within this community. So please dig out older threads in general discussion and don't bring it to this thread.

grgspunk wrote:I know this is a bit off topic, but do you have a connection with someone named Elysion Zero aka EZ?

He's famous for misleading a thread topic into something unrelated, controversial, and creating flame thread.
This is exactly what you're doing now.

How does Atelier Rorona game cover relate into NISA game glitches? :?

Sorry EZ :lol:
EZ is a goodman now after mel gave him an elixir ;)
Spoiler:

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:23 am

Gene, he didn't mention SRW, so I doubt that. ;)
As for patches, if they need to be used, they need to not make more glitches. Infinity Ward wasn't getting paid, so they just made crappy patches.
I remember reading a Gameinformer article that was about cover changes. Many games have had box art changes.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

grgspunk
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby grgspunk » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Gene, he didn't mention SRW, so I doubt that. ;)

Super Robot Taisen? That sounds familiar... Wait, are you talking about that guy who got banned from the Atlus forums for repeatedly hounding the company to localize the non-OG games?

No, I'm not him. I already have my own account in the Atlus/Atlus Online forums, and I never had any interest in any of the SRW series to begin with.

Anyways, isn't this cover art thing kinda standard for NISA, Atlus, Aksys and almost every other localization company out there? What's gotten people so worked up about this one in particular? I mean, it's not like it's something hideous like one of the proposed boxarts for the European version of Agarest War. I really hope it's just Sankaku Complex again...

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Correct, that is who Gene was calling you. He also has an account here.
As for the "fuss", for normal people the lack of Rorona on the cover might be thought of as an odd move. For SC, it's just another way to rile people up. Hope it doesn't work.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby magusgs » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:34 am

Well yes, it's a troll move on Sankaku's part. But if you look at their source, the Playstation blog (which they forgot to cite), it does indeed seem like it'll be the official cover

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/ ... na-update/

In any case, attributing the change to pedophobia is silly. That might apply in the case of an Ar Tonelico title, but not here. Featuring a lone young girl at the center of the cover simply looks girly. Now, liven her costume up a bit, like so
--and you have something that might simultaneously be more appealing and appalling. As it is, NISA is probably just trying to avoid the impression that the game is targeted at a teenage girl audience.

Here's the cover comparison, for those afraid of Sankaku links:
Japanese cover

NISA cover
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:53 pm

I like the US cover more, it's getting kind of boring with game covers having a character or characters from the game on them I'll get to see them when I play the game so I can do without them being on the cover.

TheNecromancer
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby TheNecromancer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:04 am

It was a guarantee that there would be a post about this anyways. Certain Jp fans will never be happy about some part of the localization process, and in this case it's the cover art(although i'll be willing to bet there will be those who play through both versions just to find a reason to mock the English one).

God him/herself could come down and proclaim a perfect localization(including cover art), and you can bet your bottom dollar there would be Jp fans here wanting proof that it's God even after watching him/her descend from the heavens.

That's been a staple of the NISA forums ever since i started visiting.

Personally, i don't see anything wrong with either cover. It doesn't matter either way, as i will still purchase the game. The most important part is on the disk, not the cover.
Favorite ATQ tracks
EXEC_Z/.
M*S*G*Y*E*C
Tale of the Game
Pan of Age
Meld~Finnel

Selphy
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Selphy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:47 pm

No matter how I type it, I will seem like a "Japanese fanboy" "purist" or a "weeaboo" so what the heck. I personally prefer the Japanese cover to the American cover.

Why you may ask? The Japanese cover is a lot more vivid in terms of colors.

You might be thinking "The American cover has blue, green, red and a part of the city, you can't not call that colorful and vivid!"

To me, the American cover looks like an artist kinda just threw up on the paper and called it a cover. It simply looks like a mess with parts of different images meshed together. The colors do compliment each others, red to green but that's all I can say that is good about it. It doesn't even tell me what the game is about. I see some trees, part of a building, and I have no idea what the red part is.

As stock as the Japanese cover is "Posing character with the world behind" at least it tells me something of what the game is about.

Female main, carrying some kind of staff. Must be some kind of magic-user or something to do with magic. Makes me think RPG. Giant city in the background gives the impression that it's some sort of major city and possibly the main hub of the game, will be spending lots of time there and doing things there. Castle and tree in the background gives the impression of travelling and adventure. Something off in the distance and we're here to explore it or something.

tl;dr footnote: Japanese cover is better because it portrays more of what the game is about than the American cover.

dan26666
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby dan26666 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:19 pm

I like the cover.

magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby magusgs » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:56 am

I pretty much agree with Selphy. A cover has two purposes: 1) show at a glance what the game is about, and 2) grab the buyer's attention / get them to read the back (or otherwise investigate further). From my perspective, the Japanese cover does both of these better.
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:04 am

magusgs wrote:I pretty much agree with Selphy. A cover has two purposes: 1) show at a glance what the game is about, and 2) grab the buyer's attention / get them to read the back (or otherwise investigate further). From my perspective, the Japanese cover does both of these better.

my thoughts exactly. That cover posted on Sankaku neither grabs my attention nor makes me want to pick it up and see what it's about
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:12 am

CelticRedemption wrote:
magusgs wrote:I pretty much agree with Selphy. A cover has two purposes: 1) show at a glance what the game is about, and 2) grab the buyer's attention / get them to read the back (or otherwise investigate further). From my perspective, the Japanese cover does both of these better.

my thoughts exactly. That cover posted on Sankaku neither grabs my attention nor makes me want to pick it up and see what it's about

Just so we have represented as many points of view as possible... you're not who they're marketing the cover to. You're going to preorder it without even needing to see the cover.

That being said, I like the cute cover over the acid trip cover.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:37 am

Though that may be so, I started with the Atelier series at one point too, and the cover that grabbed my attention and made me pick it up to see what it was about was Atelier Iris 2: Azoth of Destiny.

If i were to start on a new game series, the cover would have to somehow spark my interest, I'm not randomly grabbing games off the shelves to see what they're about.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Elixir
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Elixir » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:38 am

I like both covers. If you really want the JP cover, of course, it goes without saying that you should import the game. A reversible cover would solve all issues, but it doesn't seem to be catching on.

It's extremely fortunate that the west is even receiving this game in English. It's been over a year since Rorona was released in Japan and Japan's already done with the game, having moved on to Totori. I think people should be considering themselves lucky to be playing it in English and not worry over petty things like box art. In the case of niche RPGs, a localization should be your only priority.

Kari
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kari » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Elixir wrote:I like both covers. If you really want the JP cover, of course, it goes without saying that you should import the game.

Or heck, go find a high quality scan, go to a Kinko's and print out your own cover.
Lovebar by Rarutos

Return to “Atelier Series”