Atelier Rorona

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
Neahaha
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Atelier Rorona

Postby Neahaha » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Ar Tonelico wrote:Because it is a PS3 game, it has plenty of space for 2 audio tracks and even more so there's no reason why there wouldn't be unless it's like a licensing issue or something. NIS America is usually very good with keeping the original Japanese voices as well as making pretty descent English dubs so there's no need to worry about that. That's one good thing about PS3 games being on Blu-ray discs since afterall a single layer disc can hold 25GBs of data and a dual-layer can go up to 50GBs. If this was a dvd disc I could understand the concern about not having the original Japanese voices but not with Blu-ray. The only reason why sometimes PS3 games don't have the original Japanese voices when localized in English like ahem Square titles is because of the Japanese voice track not being able to squeeze on all of those multiple discs on the 360 version and want to keep it the same.

Haha, that's good to hear :D, I know the english dubs have been getting pretty nice for the past few years, but just thought that it would be nice to have the original VA too.

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:45 am

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/ ... na-update/
Let’s go over the story a bit. Arland is a small kingdom that used to have a small, poor population. It has prospered recently thanks to newly recovered technology called the machines. Thanks to the machines, the people of Arland are able to live more convenient lives. Within the kingdom, there is a small alchemy shop where Rorona works for the owner, Astrid. The shop used to be successful, but because of the machines and Astrid’s laziness, no customers have come to the shop in a while. One day, a messenger from the kingdom visits the shop and Astrid and Rorona are hit with a dose of harsh reality. They must prove the worth of alchemy by completing all of their assignments over the next three years, or the kingdom will shut down their workshop!

“You do it, Rorona,” said Astrid. Oh right, I forgot to mention that Astrid couldn’t care less about jumping through hoops for the kingdom, even though her workshop is at risk! Does Rorona have any choice but to take up these tasks to save the shop? Of course not! Rorona now has to work extra hard to keep the shop, and you must help Rorona gain the trust of the town people.

From the Playstation blog.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

RufusShinra
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby RufusShinra » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Def be importing this, prob won't come to the UK til 2011 (or at all) So glad the PS3 is region free.

windress
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby windress » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Now that we got a Playstation blog on this game, when will we get pre-orders from NISA? I'm really curious on the LE bonus (if any). Another artbook or maybe a soundtrack will be a definite Day 1 pre-order from me. :D

dan26666
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby dan26666 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 pm

looking good can't wait.

infinitechaos
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby infinitechaos » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Gonna pre-order as soon as its available played through the other atelier games and enjoyed them lets hope this does well so the sequel can make it here as well :D.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:11 pm

This game will be amazing (I imported it a while back), and I can't wait for it.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

RavageHeitaro
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby RavageHeitaro » Wed May 04, 2011 1:07 pm

God i love this game, it's been such a looong while since i smiled and laughed so much from playing a game :D

Having heard good things about the series, i had moderate expectations in the beginning but never did i expect it to charm my socks off. A lovely cast of characters and fantastic voice acting (thank you NIS for including the japanese audio) made the character interations so endearing to watch, not to mention the
incredible aesthetic values. Gust really know how to make full use of their modest budget.

Dear NIS, please bring Totori and Meruru over asap. I'll happily pay full price for both this time.

Return to “Atelier Series”