just finished totori

Official forums for games from the Atelier series

just finished totori

Postby perrandy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:48 pm

well, i just finished totori and got the bad ending. all in all, i give this game a 7.5 from a scale from one to ten. don't get me wrong this game's graphics are gorgeous but what killed for me was the story and the repetitive music throughout the game. the characters were charming enough but also i'm just tired of games with multiple endings.
i mean its a drag that you have to be perfect in order to get the true ending :|
perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: just finished totori

Postby vampko » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:57 pm

That's the point of the 'true end'. Also, it gets easier as you do more playthroughs.
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby perrandy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 pm

vampko wrote:That's the point of the 'true end'. Also, it gets easier as you do more playthroughs.
its just that i'm not the type of guy that play the same title over and over just to get its real ending,just saying
perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby thrembo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm almost done with my 2nd go through. I'm trying to get all the character endings this time. There are more reasons to do multiple playthroughs than just the endings. You almost have to go through multiple times just to go to all of the areas, and fight all of the bosses. I agree that the music does get a little grating after awhile, but you can download difwerent tunes if you like.
thrembo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby perrandy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:45 pm

thrembo wrote:I'm almost done with my 2nd go through. I'm trying to get all the character endings this time. There are more reasons to do multiple playthroughs than just the endings. You almost have to go through multiple times just to go to all of the areas, and fight all of the bosses. I agree that the music does get a little grating after awhile, but you can download difwerent tunes if you like.
see,why do i have to download something that shoulda/coulda been added in to the game for free? or better yet why gust didnt allowed us to play custom soundtracks? meaning music from our hard drives...heck, the ateliers of the ps2 era had alot of nice and different music tracks in to them.i would think that this generation should have been better because of the blu-ray space and all that jazz
perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby thrembo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:14 am

Yeah, I think there is one free download with some optional music. The Japanese must not be into custom soundtracks in their games? It does seem kinda shifty though when there's DLC available on the release day.
thrembo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SaturnineTenshi » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:40 am

On one hand: paid DLC. On the other: herp derp why we no have custom tracks or rotating music? Because that's how most video games work.
"He had warned them it clogged reason; they had reasoned they had no reason."
STEAM | "An argument in favor of double yandere love."
SaturnineTenshi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:50 am

I dunno what your problem is with the soundtrack. It was perfectly great for me. I never felt the music was annoying/repetitive at any point. My second playthrough I initiated custom soundtracks, but story music is always great to hear ~
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Mlada » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:47 am

I'm another person that doesn't care for platinuming games or getting all the endings and so forth, but I will say I loved this game enough to do so. It was my first of many, many games that I actually conquered really. I don't understand the music deal, as I personally loved it, but to each their own I guess.

I did get all endings on the second playthrough though, and if I hadn't missed two events (that were easily seen by the way) I would have gotten all endings on the first playthrough. This is just one of those games that if you're decent at time management, it can be done. Then again, the money deal is a bitch, but at least there's an cheat (if you can even call it that...) to get more than enough money...which was how I was able to view all on my second playthrough...

I do kind of agree with you on one point though, and that I'm tired of every game I play having a crap-ton of endings. I miss the times where you got the same ending no matter how you chose to play...
Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby vampko » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:09 am

Mlada wrote:I'm another person that doesn't care for platinuming games or getting all the endings and so forth, but I will say I loved this game enough to do so. It was my first of many, many games that I actually conquered really. I don't understand the music deal, as I personally loved it, but to each their own I guess.

I did get all endings on the second playthrough though, and if I hadn't missed two events (that were easily seen by the way) I would have gotten all endings on the first playthrough. This is just one of those games that if you're decent at time management, it can be done. Then again, the money deal is a bitch, but at least there's an cheat (if you can even call it that...) to get more than enough money...which was how I was able to view all on my second playthrough...

I do kind of agree with you on one point though, and that I'm tired of every game I play having a crap-ton of endings. I miss the times where you got the same ending no matter how you chose to play...

I don't miss that at ALL

I like having different possibilities to how you play. If it always ends the same, then it's just not as interesting.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby SaturnineTenshi » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:55 am

It's called storytelling, Mlada. I miss it, too.
"He had warned them it clogged reason; they had reasoned they had no reason."
STEAM | "An argument in favor of double yandere love."
SaturnineTenshi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Well Arcana Heart and Otomedius have the same ending no matter what you do x.x I think..
Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Mlada » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:51 am

I guess it really depends on what gaming generation one started in. Don't get me wrong, I like games with multiple endings, but I don't like EVERY game I play to do it. Every once in a while I just want to play a game that gives you a generic ending instead of possibly making the player go around in circles to get the best ending. Some games do this well, and others push my buttons. With the Atelier games, I actually prefer multiple endings...

LOL @ Saturnine...Which is probably the reason why a lot more games have been pissing me off lately. I play games to watch an interactive story to emerse myself into it. That, and I got spoiled by early gems where games relied on story-telling since graphics weren't a major issue...That's why I get furious when I find out someone bashed a particular game because of graphics alone. It's like, "Why? Are they so chock-full of ADHD that if it doesn't look real or pretty that there's no tolerating it despite how original, fun, or wonderfully told the story is?"

FF6 had one ending, and even then, some may argue that the ending was too simple, but I'll be damned if I hear someone bash it for graphics alone without grading it for it's golden qualities in story, characters, and music...because I won't keep quiet...LOL...

I'm starting to wonder about the current generation (generally speaking of course) with their lack of imagination if graphics is going to stunt their ability to actually enjoy a game. I remember a time when graphics were a luxury and not a requirement. *shakes cane at the young'uns and prepares the story about walking five miles in the snow to go to school*
Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby vampko » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:10 am

I've been gaming since the Atari days >.>

It's not always the 'generation' that this matters about. And having a really strong imagination is what makes these 'games with no story' all the more interesting, because I make the story more than it is. And if no one were to tell me differently, I'd just think that was the original story, and wouldn't know that I was using my imagination to turn something simple into something epic :lol:
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Obake » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:45 am

I pretty much agree with everything Mlada said.

Playing through a 20 hour story several times for a few different endings is not a substitute for a 50+ hour epic tale. It can be a good alternative - case in point Atelier, which is charming and I love to death. But I do so miss my old-school Final Fantasy's and Breath of Fires.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Next

Return to Atelier Series