just finished totori

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: just finished totori

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Well with all the fans wanting "HD REMAKES!" I prefer anime-style characters over the realistic 3D ones. :? I still have to finish Rorona and Totori...

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:26 pm

I know...I really want to play Meruru too...

But yeah, I don't really understand the big HD remake craze. I mean, I kind of do, but I'd rather have a new game than an old one getting a HD remake...Then again, I know that there are a lot of people that might not had the opportunity to play it the first time around and a remake would increase their chances of finally playing it, while making it HD just makes it cleaner.

It's still not that big of a deal for me though...But I can understand bad graphics bringing down a game too. Especially when you know the gaming company has used a better engine before but purposely opted to reuse maps and/or lower the quality for money reasons (as in the kind of money reasons being so they can make more money since the game is going to sell incredibly well regardless). The first example that comes to mind is Dragon Age II...now, the graphics looked fine to me, but the fact that they reused so many area maps for dungeons and didn't even try to make these places look really unique was a bummer when you can tell they took more time and effort for the first game.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm not all that big on HD remakes. It just seems so silly and pointless to me. But, there are people who want it sadly.

The worst thing? If people hadn't of embraced this, we likely would have gotten full PS2 backwards compatibility back in our PS3s. Which would trump HD remakes ANY Day :cry:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:38 pm

vampko wrote:I'm not all that big on HD remakes. It just seems so silly and pointless to me. But, there are people who want it sadly.
The worst thing? If people hadn't of embraced this, we likely would have gotten full PS2 backwards compatibility back in our PS3s. Which would trump HD remakes ANY Day :cry:

Wasn't the PS2 compatibility done with a chip that Sony took out to make the PS3 cheaper?
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:39 pm

shymel94 wrote:
vampko wrote:I'm not all that big on HD remakes. It just seems so silly and pointless to me. But, there are people who want it sadly.

Wasn't the PS2 compatibility done with a chip that Sony took out to make the PS3 cheaper?

That was when they basically had the ps2 inside of the PS3. The model afterwards used an emulator, which really doesn't cost extra to implement, since it's an emulator. Sony just wanted a way that they could still make money off suckers who buy into this sort of stuff. I bought ONE HD remaster, and I just ended up not playing it. I really should, but I just don't. I used to use my old Ps3 for PS2 games a bunch, and also PS3 games as well. But, buying games I already own again, just isn't working for me. Though, I didn't own the one HD remaster game I bought.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 pm

I never (until about a few months ago) knew that the original PS3 was backwards compatible so I felt no need at the time to fork up $600 for a console that at the time had no games that interested me. When the price finally came down, that's when the next series came out while more games were finally announced and/or came out by then. If I had known that the first gen PS3 was backwards compatible, I might would have caved in or still buy a first gen instead of the newer model.

At least I'm glad my PS2's are still holding up well though, but that would have been a hell of a lot more convenient for the PS3 to play all games...

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Mlada wrote:I never (until about a few months ago) knew that the original PS3 was backwards compatible so I felt no need at the time to fork up $600 for a console that at the time had no games that interested me. When the price finally came down, that's when the next series came out while more games were finally announced and/or came out by then. If I had known that the first gen PS3 was backwards compatible, I might would have caved in or still buy a first gen instead of the newer model.

At least I'm glad my PS2's are still holding up well though, but that would have been a hell of a lot more convenient for the PS3 to play all games...

Well, playing PS2 games caused the PS3 to Yellow light faster from what I've experienced and read from other people. So, it was a trade-off.

Though, that was only the 60 gigs.
Spoiler:

Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Glad I still have a ps2. :mrgreen:

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:52 am

vampko wrote:Well, playing PS2 games caused the PS3 to Yellow light faster from what I've experienced and read from other people. So, it was a trade-off.

Though, that was only the 60 gigs.

Oh, well if that's the case, then I'm probably glad I didn't bother then. *knock on wood* As much as I've played the PS3, I've still yet to yellow light it. I've had a red ring of death on the 360 once, freaked out, kept it off for a good while, and it start back up just fine a few days later. I now have a fan (both a cooling fan made for the 360, which was there during the RRoD, and also a tiny desk fan) to make sure it stays cool enough. Seems to do the trick.

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:04 am

I heard that too, but I didn't have any solid info to back that up so I chose to keep it. Now I think I feel confident enough to remove that SOB...LOL...That might also explain why I never saw a Microsoft brand fan in stores and only third party fans. Not saying MS never made one or don't still make one, but everywhere I've ever gone, it's only third-party brand fans...which is thus what I ended up getting so perhaps it's an even bigger problem with them...

Thanks again for the heads up!

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:27 am

True, then again, most of the time MS is willing to fix a console and ship it back, even if that takes forever and a day to the typical gamer...I did wonder about that given how notorious the first XBox console was for the RRoD problem.

But yeah, I have no plans on getting an XBox brand name fan. I think my desk fan pointing at it from an angle more from the side will do the trick well enough after I take off the current XBox fan. Then again, it's been doing well with two different kinds of fans running...On the other hand, disconnecting the fan will probably make the console work work not as hard since it's not also powering an add-on device.

God, I feel like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof with how often I say "Then again," "On the other hand," and all the countering ideas I tend to say in my threads...LOL

Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:15 am

Mine's been working fine for two years so far xD

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:59 am

This third party fan was just an attach on...I didn't have to open it or anything and there's no evidence visable that there ever was one there. It just clips on in the back and plugs into an outlet in the back of the console.

I never mod my consoles...the most I ever do is just the 360 where I have those changeable faceplates from preorder specials. Other than that, nothing.

Oh, I have no problems with it for the past year or so. My RRoD happened about 2-3 years ago when I was playing Lost Odyssey, and after that was when I started going fan crazy on it (the desk fan is in the back, but is actually sitting to the right of the console so that the hot air is going to the side instead of back in the system). This has been doing the trick this whole time it seems. And it turns out, apparently the console fan has been taken off a while back, as my husband found out before I did that those things were potentially bad, so for an actual correction, that one desk fan has been all we were using for a while. It's kept away from other electronics and isn't stored in direct sunlight, so it's in a nice cool place on top of that...

So unless I get another RRoD *knock on wood* I won't do anything drastic like cut vents into it...But I'll definitely keep that in mind...

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:19 am

Yeah, it voids the warranty, but it's not 100% that they'll be able to tell it was used.
Spoiler:

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:08 am

Oh ok, I get what you mean now...in my case, it's not noticable. Then again, I've never had to ship a console back to headquarters to get it fixed, because unlike a lot of people I know IRL, I actually take care of my stuff, don't leave it running constantly to overheat, and I don't ever move the consoles alot to increase the chance of it dropping or anything. From when I first got my Sega Genesis when they were still in production, all the way up to now with all the current generation consoles and handhelds (minus DSi and the 3DS, as I'm content with my plain original bulky DS), I've never once ruined a single console. All my consoles work perfectly fine with no problems at all. In fact, while all the people I know (personally not forum wise) were getting multiple RRoD's and getting some that kept the console from working again, I got it that one time and after letting it rest for a few days, *knock on wood* it's never messed up since then.

When they were complaining about the PS2 not playing discs, I never once had a problem. Some people even get pissy at Sony for that yellow light deal, but I've never even remotely close *knock on wood* had that happen with me.

Then again, if people are trading in consoles in plastic bags, I guess that goes to show how much they cared for it when they owned it. I know someone returned their PS2 because it suddenly stopped working at a nearby Gamestop, and a day or so later they found out it had a nest of cockroaches in it...Seriously? How do people let that happen? I mean, I know I'm not the cleanest and tidiest person around, but damn...I guess I just have common sense when it comes to handling electronics of any kind. Dust...bad...heat...bad...keeping it on (not with PC's though since they work better if they stay on) is generally a bad thing...I don't even keep my consoles on standby because it may wear it out sooner. My biggest problem with people trading in games is when they pull discs out of their pocket...OUT OF THEIR POCKET WITH NO CASE! WTF? I still hold my discs by the edges, so I guess that explains why something like that urks me...LOL

Return to “Atelier Series”