Japanese dubbing where?

Official Prinny: CIRBTH forum!
glemtvapen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Japanese dubbing where?

Postby glemtvapen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:25 am

So it has been a while since I have been here, so I do not know if this was addressed here before and if a flame war was started. :twisted: :lol:

Does anyone know why NISA decided not to include the Jap dubbing this time? Every N1 game has kept the dual audio except this one and I find that odd. Also the game size isn't that big either so that's not an issue.

Judgment8
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Japanese dubbing where?

Postby Judgment8 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:10 pm

I don't know and don't care.

LastFootnote
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby LastFootnote » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 pm

At first I was pretty upset about the lack of a Japanese track for Prinny, but I ended up not minding it for three reasons:

1. The plot isn't as important in an platform action game. There's less dialogue.
2. The voice of the protagonist Prinny is absolutely awesome, and there are some other real standouts in the vocal cast (Bok Choy's voice actor being a big favorite).
3. The most annoying, cringe-worthy voices don't show up until the post-game and DLC content. I'm talking about Barbara Goodson as Laharl, whoever does Asagi, and Sandy Fox as Flonne and Marona. Seriously, Sandy Fox needs to retire. Whenever I hear her Flonne voice it makes me want to gouge out my eardrums with an awl.

I'd still appreciate having the Japanese track for the sequel. Failing that, please at least bring back the same voice actor for the Hero Prinny! Gotta have smarts, Dood!

Judgment8
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Judgment8 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 am

I hate Morgan's voice.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:20 am

I'm a great fan of japanese dubbing, since english dubbing usually just... well... sucks.
But with the Disgaea and prinny games, you actually notice how the voice actors enjoy doing those voices, so i've never minded the english voices, especially love Prinny and Etna's voice.
I would however not DISlike a japanese voice-over
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

glemtvapen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby glemtvapen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:22 pm

So nobody knows eh.
Still they must have a "good" reason why they took it out because well, I really don't see any reason why they did unless they intended to piss off the japanophiles or weaboos. Hahahaha :twisted:

Do any NISA reps visit here? Would love to hear it from a horse's mouth. :lol:

LastFootnote
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby LastFootnote » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 am

Sorry. I forgot your original question. Anyhow, I'm sure they did it to save money. The economy is bad and they knew they could get away with it. They figured it was more important to have the English track and they would have had to pay extra to use the Japanese track. So they stiffed us and didn't tell us before the game came out.

They tried to do the same for Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, but someone in the gaming press noticed that there wasn't a language-switch option in one of the early builds and it caused an outrage in the part of the fan community that cares about having the Japanese language track.

I'm not an NISA rep, but I'd be shocked if it were any other reason.

Judgment8
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Judgment8 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:34 am

I think NISA spoiled their fans for starting to include JP voices in their games. I mean there is no JP voices in any FF example or Persona games. And now fans aren't buying games because they lack JP voices? Isn't that just stupid...

DisgaeaBlitz
Majin
Majin

Postby DisgaeaBlitz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Judgment8 wrote:I think NISA spoiled their fans for starting to include JP voices in their games. I mean there is no JP voices in any FF example or Persona games. And now fans aren't buying games because they lack JP voices? Isn't that just stupid...

I second that :P
If you don't live in Japan you should really call getting a choice a privilege :P
You don't need it, and if you don't get it you shouldn't complain. Some actors can't act, it's true in all languages, but I can't say that for most of the NISA titles (of course that's me). If you really want Japanese voices then wait for someone to upload the Japanese version and play in front of the computer :D [or import, but wait you can't read the menus can you?... (Yay sarcasm!)]
I'm not saying wanting the voices is a bad thing, but not buying a game because the voices aren't in a language you don't understand *shock and horror* that's not cool.
I am aware that some people can understand enough Japanese to get by, but that's not the point.
I hope I didn't offend anyone...(or make grammar mistakes XD) but that's what I think, and btw I do enjoy Japanese dubbing too, it's just not a necessity.
Almost forgot, I thinks it's nice that NISA listens to their fans I wouldn't call it spoiling, some fans are just bratty.
7a1d25

glemtvapen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby glemtvapen » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:07 pm

LastFootnote wrote: They figured it was more important to have the English track and they would have had to pay extra to use the Japanese track. So they stiffed us and didn't tell us before the game came out.

I find that irresponsible of them. They have been cutting corners a lot recently.... But it's a good thing they changed that about Phantom Brave Wii.

NISA listened to fans. One of the reasons they are different from others and have garnered a lot of fans.

As I said before, all their previous releases have dual audio. The exclusion of a dual audio option for the Prinny game was so out of the blue and no mention of it? Of course it will cause fan outrage and lose sales. In a business standpoint losing more potential buyers is a bad thing. I know NISA doesn't want that so I think they have a damn good reason why they did what they did. :|

Asagifanboy
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Asagifanboy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Judgment8 wrote:I don't know and don't care.

This is true enough.
I honestly thought this had some of the best dubbing yet!

...Just a fan. A really big fan.

glemtvapen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby glemtvapen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Man, I was wishing some NISA official will come here and at least post a something. Ah **** this.

Judgment8
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Judgment8 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:36 pm

glemtvapen wrote:Man, I was wishing some NISA official will come here and at least post a something. Ah **** this.

And just why?

Maledict
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Maledict » Wed May 19, 2010 5:12 pm

I dunno, and I hardly care, since I'm not a fan of japanese voices, and I'm satisfied with the english VAs work, well, there were a few exceptions, mainly asagi, but it was mostly good. The prinny's voice was hilarious, it made me like the prinnies even more XD, I wonder who's the voice actor

Chizu
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Chizu » Wed May 26, 2010 5:58 pm

I really wanted the Japanese dub to be included. I hate English dubs in general.
For some reason games that are originally in Japanese, the English dub is just bad.
Games that start in English always sound so much better.
Perhaps because everyone is not putting on terrible little girl voices to try and be in line with the originals.

I will always play with Japanese audio given the choice.
And am disappointed when not given the choice.
FXIII's dub was pretty bad 8D

One of the prinnies sounds like it was dubbed by someone with almost no grasp of English :D

Return to “Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?”