4%

Total votes: 54

TheNecromancer
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: AT Qoga bonus item?

Postby TheNecromancer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:39 pm

I voted soundtrack.

I know there was missing tracks from the Ar tonelico 2 soundtracks, but the fact is what we did get(and let's remember, NISA didn't have to offer them in the first place) was well worth the extra 10 dollars + shipping i had to pay. I still listen to both the AT2 OST and the RQ exclusive soundtracks on a daily basis. Hmm, who would have thought an American whose first love is Rock'n'Roll would say that, huh? But that's just how damn good it is.

The artbooks, while visually nice, just don't make as nice an extra in a game where the music matters so much.

I'd much rather prefer the music, please.
Favorite ATQ tracks
EXEC_Z/.
M*S*G*Y*E*C
Tale of the Game
Pan of Age
Meld~Finnel

Kipdog
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Kipdog » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I voted Other, particularly a plush of some sort. My tops would be a plush or figurine, 2nd off would probably be artbook.
Image Image Image

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:30 am

I voted figure because we've seen enough soundtracks and artbooks from NISA. Though they are nice, someone did mention that soundtracks are easier to get. So a nice figure or even a pretty decent one would be nice. But what about doing something like Record of Agarest War? Just to give something different. I'm not saying we need a boob mouse pad. But you have to admit this is just a nice special edition.

<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:15 am

I'm fairly torn. I love the music in Gust games, so soundtracks are nice. However, abbreviated soundtracks tend to just be advertisements for me to import the OST anyway. The art book from the first game was pretty good, and was an interesting starting point for research into understanding some elements created for the series, like Hymmnos. A figure would be cool, but as aquagon pointed out, it's not likely that we'll get one of stellar quality, even if it came as a significant additional cost. Maybe a gashapon figure? Those melt easily...

In general, I'm up for anything that's already been done and isn't half-assed.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby magusgs » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:15 pm

I want a soundtrack, but I want the Hymns. Those are the best songs in the game. A soundtrack without Hymns is just a teaser, in my opinion.
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 pm

magusgs wrote:I want a soundtrack, but I want the Hymns. Those are the best songs in the game. A soundtrack without Hymns is just a teaser, in my opinion.

I think they didn't include most of the hyms in the NISA pack-ins... so we'd still need to import those.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 pm

magusgs wrote:I want a soundtrack, but I want the Hymns. Those are the best songs in the game. A soundtrack without Hymns is just a teaser, in my opinion.

Though considering their track record with the previous games, I don't think that'd be possible (especially since after they couldn't get the rights for the four original singers, I don't want to think the hoops they'd have to jump through for this one, since there are now ten different singers).

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:13 pm

For a game like this a soundtrack seems like it should be standard. So an artbook and the soundtrack would be nice, but if they released a nice PVC figure like they did with Mana Khemia I'd really like that.

bloodyaftertaste wrote:I voted figure because we've seen enough soundtracks and artbooks from NISA. Though they are nice, someone did mention that soundtracks are easier to get. So a nice figure or even a pretty decent one would be nice. But what about doing something like Record of Agarest War? Just to give something different. I'm not saying we need a boob mouse pad. But you have to admit this is just a nice special edition.

Although I do have to agree that something different would be great, like a sexy pillow case as seen above, or a replica item from the game. I'd like to see some creativity used here.
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

Fayharn
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Fayharn » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:25 am

A limited items like the previous one would be accepted :D
but, with some kind improvement in the artbook.

Cless
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Cless » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:52 pm

I voted artbook. I already own a real copy of the full OST and thought it was very disappointing after the amazing OSTs of the first two ATs. The lack of Daisuke Achiwa on Gust's PS3 game soundtracks has hit them all incredibly hard.

A figure would be nice, but I just can't see that happening...

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Cless wrote:I voted artbook. I already own a real copy of the full OST and thought it was very disappointing after the amazing OSTs of the first two ATs. The lack of Daisuke Achiwa on Gust's PS3 game soundtracks has hit them all incredibly hard.

What the hell?!?! What happened to Daisuke? His music is the reason I love Gust games.....now I'm less inclined to buy AT3.... :(

Cless
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Cless » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Last I heard, he's just involved in sound production and the DS soundtracks.

It's not a complete loss...Ken Nakagawa still did about 1/3 of the AT3 soundtrack and his stuff usually ranges from great to decent. Not much of a fan of the stuff composed by the newcomers.

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Though Kazuki Yanagawa seems to have gotten a lot better in the Atelier Totori soundtrack, which was composed and arranged between him and Ken Nakagawa.

As for HIR, he/she seems to be somewhat known among the doujin music scene and has collaborated a lot of times with Haruka Shimotsuki and Rekka Katakiri, but his/her style of music doesn't go very well with At (except for METHOD_HYMMELI/., which I have to admit that was pretty well done).

TheNecromancer
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby TheNecromancer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:57 am

I have to say after thinking it through....while i would prefer the soundtrack, i would much rather have both the AT 1-3 art book and the all the OSTs.....and i'd be will to pay more then the usual extra 10 exclusive add-on cost.

If it's the last game in the series, i might as well splurge.
Favorite ATQ tracks
EXEC_Z/.
M*S*G*Y*E*C
Tale of the Game
Pan of Age
Meld~Finnel

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 am

DLC has my vote.