or quite a while, we are still not where

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
lw789
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

or quite a while, we are still not where

Postby lw789 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 pm

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The way things have gone for the San Francisco 49ers recently with issues off the field, general manager Trent Baalke finds himself being questioned about the importance of drafting for character. The Niners top three selections from the 2011 draft have been involved in off-the-field situations in recent weeks, resulting in a negative hit for the teams image. Most notably, star linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested at an airport last month and authorities say he used the word "bomb." Quarterback Colin Kaepernick was linked to a Miami police report involving a woman who passed out in a hotel and later woke up in a hospital not knowing how she got there. Kaepernick has strongly denied any wrongdoing. Cornerback Chris Culliver -- who made anti-gay remarks before the 2013 Super Bowl -- has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanour hit-and-run charges and felony possession of brass knuckles from a March 28 arrest. "Its a risk-reward business," Baalke said. "And we try to take chances -- calculated chances -- and it has worked in a lot of cases. There are other times when the character of an individual coming into the NFL was sterling. But they end up being guys who get in trouble. "Its not always the guys that come into the league with a checkered past that leave the league with a checkered past. It can be the opposite. And if anybody in here has the answer about who is going to end up doing what, give it to me. I could use it." Here are five things to watch for in the draft for the 49ers, who pick 30th: FRONT-OFFICE TEAMMWORK: For anybody wondering whether Baalke and coach Jim Harbaugh will be duking it out in the draft room about which player to take, the GM says enough already. He insists the issue has been "misrepresented" since news broke that the Browns tried to trade for Harbaugh after San Franciscos loss in the NFC championship game. "To say that its always two rams butting heads is so false and misleading. To say theres no tension would also be false and misleading. Its good tension, its creative tension. It couldnt be better," Baalke said. "I feel good about where were at. If you want us to hug and mug for the cameras and do all that, youre looking at the wrong two guys." TRADING UP: Dont put it past this team to move up the board. And Baalke just might look to make a splash with a player who could have an immediate impact for the Niners as they begin a new era at Levis Stadium next to team headquarters. He has done so before. "A lot of its spontaneous, happening as the drafts unfolding," Baalke said. DEPTH AT LINEBACKER: San Francisco will be without All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman for a while as he recovers from torn ligaments in his left knee sustained in the post-season loss to the Seahawks. Baalke knows Smith could face a suspension from the NFL, too. The 49ers went 5-0 during Smiths five-week stint in rehab for substance abuse last season following his DUI arrest. While Dan Skuta and rookie Corey Lemonier emerged as solid replacements for Smiths pass-rushing presence on the edge, San Francisco is expected to search for depth at linebacker. Michael Wilhoite also became a reliable reinforcement, and Baalke says the team is "very confident in being able to replace guys when they go down." "We saw it in play last year," Baalke said. "Sometimes when you lose a player, you cant replace him with just one. Sometimes it takes multiple people, it takes other people stepping up to the challenge." THE CORNERBACK NEED: Carlos Rogers and Tarell Brown joined the Raiders on the other side of the bay. With Culliver working to come back from a serious knee injury, drafting a cornerback will be a top priority to complement Tramaine Brock. FINDING GOOD GUYS: All eyes will be on Baalke, who has a successful run of draft picks who have produced right away, including first-rounders Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati and Eric Reid. But now, at least some fans will be counting more than ever on the 49ers finding just the right player. Baalke points to the locker room and roster as a whole, because only a few are affecting the franchises reputation. "We just have to do a better job. And thats the mentality of this group and thats the mentality of this ownership. To think that we dont care? I take offence to classless or lawless, because thats far from the truth," Baalke said. "Respect the masses because the masses are doing it right, and well get the other things fixed." Ricardo Quaresma Jersey . Giants manager Bruce Bochy told The Associated Press of the decision before NL West-leading San Francisco opened a 10-game homestand Monday night with the first of three games against second-place Arizona. William Carvalho Jersey . He did one better Sunday by holing out a pitching wedge from 142 yards for eagle, capping a remarkable 28 on the back nine to win The Championship at Laguna National. http://www.soccerportugalshop.com/world ... ll-jersey/. Hall had a goal and three assists in a 5-4 loss to San Jose on Tuesday, had an assist in each of Edmontons next two games the capped the week with a goal and two assists in the Oilers 4-2 win over Anaheim on Sunday. Cedric Jersey . Ontario Superior Court Case Management Master Ronald Dash released the decision on Monday, saying John McCaw Jr. must testify in front of a jury by live video conference. Moores lawyer, Tim Danson, asked the court to compel McCaw - who is based in Seattle - to testify in the case back on February 27. Bernardo Silva Jersey . -- The Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with safety Brock Vereen and QB David Fales on four-year contracts.SAKHIR, Bahrain -- Mercedes locked out the front row for the Bahrain Grand Prix as Nico Rosberg claimed pole position on Saturday, qualifying ahead of teammate Lewis Hamilton. Rosbergs time of 1 minute, 33.185 seconds at the Bahrain International Circuit was a quarter of a second faster than Hamilton, who had to abandon his final flying lap after running wide at the first corner. It was Mercedes third straight pole to start the Formula One season but the first for Rosberg, who equaled his father Keke with five career poles. Rosberg leads the championship on 43 points, 18 ahead of Hamilton. "It has just worked well through the weekend, finding my way, making progress and getting through some issues," Rosberg said. "I have good memories of this track, winning the GP2 championship and starting my first race in F1. I enjoy coming here and again today its suited me." Rosberg and Hamilton have a win each from the opening two races of the season and Mercedes also dominated the three practice sessions leading into qualifying, both in day and night conditions, with Sundays race to be held at night for the first time. The only surprise was Rosberg taking pole ahead of Hamilton, who usually thrives in the one-lap format. "I locked up in the last lap but generally I am happy for the team," Hamilton said. "Nico did a great job and naturally Im happy my teammate is there and not someone else." Defending four-time F1 champion Sebastian Vettel did not even make the final session of qualifying and will start from 10th on the grid -- promoted one spot as his Red Bull teammate Daniel Ricciardo, who qualified third, gets a 10-place grid penalty from the previous race in Malaysia. Vettel paid the price for a session-ending spin in pre-qualifying practice which prevented him from getting valuable data on how to set up the car on tthe soft-tire, low-fuel setting.dddddddddddd He also complained of a downshifting problem. "The final run for some reason was a bit more difficult, the rears were locking up," Vettel said. "We had been playing around with it for quite a while, we are still not where we want to be but I dont want to blame it on that. There was a little bit more in the car which I couldnt get to, so I am not happy with today." Williams driver Valtteri Bottas and Force Indias Sergio Perez qualified fourth and fifth respectively and, with the one-place promotion, both equaled their best career starting positions. Ferraris Kimi Raikkonen qualified sixth, four places ahead of Fernando Alonso, to take the qualifying honours over his teammate for the first time this season in what is expected to a year-long fight between the two former world champions. Alonso said the car was down on power in the final part of qualifying, though he felt the teams starting grid positions of fifth and ninth were "more or less what we expected to be honest." "Q2 we were down a little bit and Q3 we lost more," Alonso said. "Still, we didnt miss out on the possibility of pole position because we are not in that kind of position. Its just a couple of places that hopefully tomorrow we can recover." McLarens Jenson Button, contesting his 250th grand prix, qualified in seventh and his teammate Kevin Magnussen was ninth, separated by Felipe Massa of Williams. Aside from Vettels early elimination, the main surprise of Q2 was Force Indias Nico Hulkenberg qualifying in 12th, having been fastest of all drivers in Q1 and showing strong pace during the practice sessions. Saubers Adrian Sutil was hit with a five-place grid penalty for impeding Lotus Romain Grosjean in the first session of qualifying, sending him to the very back of the grid. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Perry-Como
Majin
Majin

Re: or quite a while, we are still not where

Postby Perry-Como » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:47 am

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”