Do you think Ar Tonelico 3 will get localized?

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
robeduriv
Majin
Majin

Re: Do you think Ar Tonelico 3 will get localized?

Postby robeduriv » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:22 am

@noexcusepunk

Apology accepted and I apologize if it seems that I am trying to force you to agree with my suggestion. I just got a little upset when you posted your opposing view on the thread I made in the feedback section when I wrote not to do that because I only want to keep count of those members who agree with me. To settle this debate, I would not mind if you or any other member makes another thread stating the opposite as to why the M tag will be a bad idea and gather members there who share that vision.

@Solice

Hahaha, don't worry, I got the hint on your previous post that you are accusing me of being a hacker like yourself with your edited trophy card info. What's the point of making it seem that you already obtained all the Trinity Universe trophies and yet the platinum trophy is not displayed, FAIL. I bet you think that I am in charge of the member account vampko, huh? Sorry to disappoint you but I am not a hacker which you wrongly accuse me of as the majority of society's prejudice views and no matter how many times you mock me I will not regret the time I put in making sure that a product the majority of NISA consumers are looking forward to turns out to be complete and successful. Obviously such a large number of members cannot be obtained overnight and I did post a set time goal which yet again you failed to read. However, based on the info I received from bloodyaftertaste, you have the right to laugh at me for the 100,000 I mentioned which I'll admit is unreasonable at the moment so my new goal count is 50,000. Once again, you make it seems that I state I can carry this out on my own when I've clearly stated that the cooperation within the community to spread the word out is what will accomplish the petition.

@magusgs

That's the sort of mentality that prevents society from moving forward. You say that you don't care about my opinion but yet you look down upon me by stating "I would say that there's little point to arguing with someone who thinks the Sun revolves around the Earth", that is so very respectful of you towards a member of the NISA community. As I told Solice, I will continue to carry out what I intend to do no matter what and so far I've gotten 8 approvals in which I value each and every single member's shared opinion.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:37 am

why are you still rallying for them to not take anything out when it was stated that they aren't. Solice even posted the link, but if you got confused or it's too much to read here:

Do you know if there's going to be any censorship?

First of all, if you think Ar tonelico is dirty, that's because you've got something on your mind. It's totally innocent. It's not supposed to be dirty or provocative. You know, the presenter said it's provocative, right? I think it's his perception. For me, it's totally innocent. But I do understand what you're talking about. The only thing I can say is - "you'll get everything that is in the Japanese version, and even more." So, to answer your question, we can get away with it. It's not supposed to be dirty or anything - it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I think it's gonna get, most likely, a Teen or Mature [rating].

So you're not going to change anything to get a lower rating?

We're not going to compromise. We're gonna chose the game itself rather than the rating, but most likely it's going to get a Teen or Mature, maybe...

And to say in a thread that you want to rally members for your cause, but not have the other side is a bit silly. I know you said that they can make a new one, but is it really worth two threads where they are so one sided? It's making twice the work for NISA and no views are getting direct addressed from the other side. If you want your voice to be heard then you have to be willing to listen to the other side.

And yet again it still doesn't matter from your view point, because they said they aren't going to edit it AND they are going to give us more. What more do you want?
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

noexcusepunk
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby noexcusepunk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 am

robeduriv wrote:Apology accepted and I apologize if it seems that I am trying to force you to agree with my suggestion. I just got a little upset when you posted your opposing view on the thread I made in the feedback section when I wrote not to do that because I only want to keep count of those members who agree with me. To settle this debate, I would not mind if you or any other member makes another thread stating the opposite as to why the M tag will be a bad idea and gather members there who share that vision.

While I can see wanting to keep things separated, I just don't think that's going to be possible. That's just not how the atmosphere and culture of this board seems to work these days. We tend to discuss things in more of an open format then that. Especially when it comes to the feedback section.
The best way I can think of to assist in your endeavor is to do what Solice had suggested, and create a poll by editing your original post. That way we can see who would be for or against what it is you propose. Or by creating a new thread.
Thus creating an accurate summation of what kind of support this sort of query has.
I hope that was helpful.
"<Kana> can't you see how manly it is to hug kids to your crotch!?"

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 am

robeduriv wrote:@Solice

Hahaha, don't worry, I got the hint on your previous post that you are accusing me of being a hacker like yourself with your edited trophy card info. What's the point of making it seem that you already obtained all the Trinity Universe trophies and yet the platinum trophy is not displayed, FAIL. I bet you think that I am in charge of the member account vampko, huh? Sorry to disappoint you but I am not a hacker which you wrongly accuse me of as the majority of society's prejudice views and no matter how many times you mock me I will not regret the time I put in making sure that a product the majority of NISA consumers are looking forward to turns out to be complete and successful. Obviously such a large number of members cannot be obtained overnight and I did post a set time goal which yet again you failed to read. However, based on the info I received from bloodyaftertaste, you have the right to laugh at me for the 100,000 I mentioned which I'll admit is unreasonable at the moment so my new goal count is 50,000. Once again, you make it seems that I state I can carry this out on my own when I've clearly stated that the cooperation within the community to spread the word out is what will accomplish the petition.

Honeslty, that 100% completion on TU must be a glitch. I work too often to play my PS3 much, and I've only gotten through chapter 4. If there's a way to hack a trophy card, I'm all ears, but last I knew, the third party service actually queries PSN for the information. There's no way to hack it unless I compromise the physical security of the servers or somehow redirect the query.

What I implied in previous posts wasn't that you're a hacker, but the number of people participating may not equal the number of accounts participating. It doesn't take a hacker to accomplish this. Also, it doesn't take much intelligence to find a forum bot and fork it a few thousand times. Moreover, depending on your affiliations, there are distributable executables that a "community" can just download and run that will do everything necessary by itself. Once the samll program is written, participants just download and click Run. I do not assume any of those affiliations, but I did presume the possibility of underhanded tactics to get what you want... which at this point, I've concluded is not to achieve your previously stated goal, but to simply flame. You've managed irritate a few people who agree with you.

I'm really not certain where you're getting these accusations from. I've never said or implied that your membership or voice is worth any less than anyone else's, but merely stated my skepticism... and vampko is fine in my book, but you're a flaming asshole with a megaphone.

I haven't accused you of anything, but as I've stated, I'm skeptical of your proposed end result. I realize that it won't happen over night, but everyone in my community is already contacted, so I'm not sure what else you expect from me. I'm waiting for your results. You yourself might not generate them, but you've got the responsibility to show your cards. After all, it was your idea. In the meantime, please stop imagining things, you're scaring us straights.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby magusgs » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:00 pm

robeduriv wrote:That's the sort of mentality that prevents society from moving forward. You say that you don't care about my opinion but yet you look down upon me by stating "I would say that there's little point to arguing with someone who thinks the Sun revolves around the Earth", that is so very respectful of you towards a member of the NISA community. As I told Solice, I will continue to carry out what I intend to do no matter what and so far I've gotten 8 approvals in which I value each and every single member's shared opinion.

Sorry, but I'm not as charitable as Noexcusepunk. In my view, being a member of the NISA community doesn't make you, or anyone, deserving of respect. Contributions to the community, arguments supported with evidence, and insightful comments make one worthy of respect (or more accurately, one's ideas--people are merely incubators for ideas after all). Conversely, Don Quixote-style sword rattling will achieve one ridicule. Thus far, your sole participation in this board has been in an endeavor/argument that I believe is ludicrous--thus my metaphor. Not that a person who thinks the Sun revolves around the Earth can't contribute insightful commentary in other areas. But again, that's the only topic you've participated in here. Activism-induced tunnel vision maybe?

Also, I believe I said "I don't care about this". "This" being your campaign to stop the alteration of AT3 in NISA's localization. Your opinion I actually find highly entertaining, which is why I continue to post. Especially if you can continue to prompt such phrases from Solice as "you're a flaming asshole with a megaphone". Not many people can achieve that, and for that good sir, I salute you.
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

robeduriv
Majin
Majin

Postby robeduriv » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:34 am

Ok, I have posted a poll on the feedback thread and anyone can now post their opinion whether they agree with me or not. All I want is to make sure that most of us NISA consumers who are looking forward to purchase the US AT3 are satisfied with the final product. Even if you disagree with my suggestion, I'll appreciate if you at least invite people across the internet who are or may be interested in AT3 to register to the NISA forum and to post that they are looking forward to it. NISA has shown signs of growth but they are not yet at the same level as Square Enix to easily advertise their products. We should assist NISA in spreading the word to those who appreciate this sort of Japanese media and every single new member we accumulate will reassure NISA to continue sharing these titles outside of Japan.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:45 am

The thing is rob, that I do agree with you in terms that I don't want content taken out. I did have a slight interest in Yakuza 3 and then I heard they took a lot out. I don't like the fact that it was gutted to be released here, especially since we have grand thief auto here. Sure there is a lot of controversy around it, but that is why we have the rating system and I think that people need to lighten up. However this is not how society works. People get very worked up over a variety of things.

With Ar tonelico 3, yes there is a lot of debate already about the context and visuals of the game. However it's been stated that they won't edit it, though I do realize things can change. It does look like they are listening to their fans and trying to bring over a great game. But how you went about this did turn me off and I am the kinda person who does give the new guy a chance. I've always just been like that. And the other members here, I feel stated their opinions freely with how they would even a seasoned member. When you started talking about being attacked because you are the new guy and seemingly ignoring their points and proof, it did turn me off.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:32 am

robeduriv wrote:Ok, I have posted a poll on the feedback thread and anyone can now post their opinion whether they agree with me or not. All I want is to make sure that most of us NISA consumers who are looking forward to purchase the US AT3 are satisfied with the final product. Even if you disagree with my suggestion, I'll appreciate if you at least invite people across the internet who are or may be interested in AT3 to register to the NISA forum and to post that they are looking forward to it. NISA has shown signs of growth but they are not yet at the same level as Square Enix to easily advertise their products. We should assist NISA in spreading the word to those who appreciate this sort of Japanese media and every single new member we accumulate will reassure NISA to continue sharing these titles outside of Japan.

Thank you for returning to objectivity.

I have a question... I understand your goal, but I'm somewhat conflicted, as a few of us might be. Your poll asks "Do you think an M tag, if the ESRB were to recommend that rating, on AT 3 will affect sales?" However, there are a few questions along these lines that I would answer differently to.

"Do you think an M tag, if the ESRB were to recommend that rating, on AT 3 will affect sales?" Yes
"Do you want AT3 to be unedited?" Yes
"Do you want what's best for the game over the company?" Err...

I, for one, am against censoring of games... so of course I want the game to be unedited. I also don't want to feel like I'm missing out on content. The comment made by Mr. Sato reinforces my enthusiasm for the game as a fan of the series, and provides some reinforcement for sales that would most likely happen anyway. However, as noted above, I'm fairly certain that an M rating would yield fewer sales than a T rating. For the most part, everyone ends up playing T games. Some get left out of the M category when it comes to purchases. Some stores don't even have shelf space for M games, or at least limited shelf space. It's just statistics. A couple of M games start with a lot of momentum, so it doesn't matter what rating it gets, as long as stores stock it, it will sell. This is not one of those games.

In a perfect world, the end result of the game would be all that mattered. Unfortunately, this is not a perfect world and while AT3 might be the last game in a trilogy, I would prefer it wasn't the last game that NISA brought us.

My opinion is not represented in simply Yes or No to your question, when related to your goal. I will most likely say that it does influence sales otherwise, since market research tends to say it will. Perhaps a more accurate question (and responses) might be:
"Do you want AT3 to be unedited?"
No - T all the way
Yes - T or M is fine
Yes, if it is feasible

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:40 am

I have to agree with Solice. While I do want the game to be unedited and I hate how society would make it to otherwise not be. But we do have to look at what will keep NISA in business and for this game to be a success. If NISA is no longer around then we will get no future titles from them. And I don't want that in the least.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby magusgs » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:09 pm

I think the current poll question is fine: Do you think an M tag, if the ESRB were to recommend that rating, on AT 3 will affect sales? (It's grammatically incorrect, but I can blame Solice for that.)

The question has a simple, semi-factual answer (it'll increase, decrease, or have no effect on sales), carries no personal agenda, and doesn't continue to beat a dead horse. This poll has the Magus Seal of Approval (TM).
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

shadowflux1
Majin
Majin

Postby shadowflux1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:24 pm

I say unedited, if record of agarest war can come in a T rating this should be able to do the same. provided i havent missed something akin to "uncensored blatent full nudity" coming into play. ROAW had craploads of partial nudity and suggestive themes so AT should be just fine as is in my opinion. :ugeek:
Lovebar made by Rarutos

Aryoch
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Aryoch » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:24 am

I guess this might be somehow interesting: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=146891

march 25th, eh? =PP

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:57 am

Aryoch wrote:I guess this might be somehow interesting: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=146891

march 25th, eh? =PP

Why not wait till NISA gives a more definitive answer? That, and wait to see what interesting surprises are in store for us.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

betaflame
Majin
Majin

Postby betaflame » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Aryoch wrote:I guess this might be somehow interesting: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=146891

march 25th, eh? =PP
Holy shit that's my birthday.

Aryoch
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Aryoch » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Mine's march 27th LOL!

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”