The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
SorrowsNeptune
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: AT III questions thread

Postby SorrowsNeptune » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Ar Tonelico wrote:
SorrowsNeptune wrote:I have a question of my own:

I've never played AT 1 or 2, so I'm wondering how these games relate with each other story-wise? Will I need to play the previous games in order to comprehend what's going on in this game, or can I just skip the first two games and play the third without any problems?

Well each game takes place around a couple of years after the previous game. There are some spoilers and even characters from previous games in the 3rd game just like how the 2nd game had a few characters from the 1st since all 3 games connect eachother storywise.

So for your question yes there is some scenes that will lead to spoilers, but is it enough to make it unplayable unless you played the previous games? Not really even if this is the end of the story that the 1st game started.

Okay, in that case I might give this game a try. I'm sure the first games are good and all, I just don't really feel like playing them.

betaflame
Majin
Majin

Postby betaflame » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

SorrowsNeptune wrote:
Ar Tonelico wrote:
Well each game takes place around a couple of years after the previous game. There are some spoilers and even characters from previous games in the 3rd game just like how the 2nd game had a few characters from the 1st since all 3 games connect eachother storywise.

So for your question yes there is some scenes that will lead to spoilers, but is it enough to make it unplayable unless you played the previous games? Not really even if this is the end of the story that the 1st game started.

Okay, in that case I might give this game a try. I'm sure the first games are good and all, I just don't really feel like playing them.
You might even decide you want to go back and play them after this one.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 pm

I'd actually recommend playing the first 2 first :\ since it IS 3 games that make up a larger whole. And Ar tonelico 3 has some recurring characters as well as a playable character from Ar tonelico 2
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:23 am

I think the 2nd game is the most important one to play with this 3rd game. 1st game though would be great to start from the beginning to end. With the 2nd game it's like so this is why there's 2 Ar tonelico II characters in here. Plus then there's J&C's brief appearances.

So like I mentioned can someone still enjoy Ar tonelico III/Qoga without playing the 1st or 2nd game? Yes, but there is some things that would just make it better to play previous games to know certain things and where they came from. While it's not full of spoilers, but does have its certain moments and thus makes it playable but will make a person want to see the full story so can truly understand everything including the few little spoilers.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:06 pm

Also, from what I heard from those who played the japanese version (I haven't so I don't know yet), AT3's ending won't have as much impact if you haven't played the other two.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:13 am

LAMV wrote:Also, from what I heard from those who played the japanese version (I haven't so I don't know yet), AT3's ending won't have as much impact if you haven't played the other two.

well if you play 3 first, you may ruin both the endings you get in Ar tonelico 1 and 2 if you play them after the third.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

shadowflux1
Majin
Majin

Postby shadowflux1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:46 am

I hate
Spoiler:
SSSSSPPPPPPOOOIIIIILLLLEEERRRSSSSS
so thanks very much for being so vague :D :) ;)
Lovebar made by Rarutos

SorrowsNeptune
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby SorrowsNeptune » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Ar Tonelico wrote:So like I mentioned can someone still enjoy Ar tonelico III/Qoga without playing the 1st or 2nd game? Yes, but there is some things that would just make it better to play previous games to know certain things and where they came from. While it's not full of spoilers, but does have its certain moments and thus makes it playable but will make a person want to see the full story so can truly understand everything including the few little spoilers.

LAMV wrote:Also, from what I heard from those who played the japanese version (I haven't so I don't know yet), AT3's ending won't have as much impact if you haven't played the other two.

In that case I definitly won't be getting this anytime soon. I'll consider trying out the first game though. Thanks for the information!

(Although to be honest, I'm more excited about Dues Ex: Human Revolution anyways.)

Alicia-tan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Alicia-tan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Can anyone tell me if the limited edition will be available in Europe?

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:37 am

Alicia-tan wrote:Can anyone tell me if the limited edition will be available in Europe?

I can't say anything official, but probably not.
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”