The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: First time playing; Q's about Diving, CS's, and endings

Postby leinaud » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:55 am

1) you don't necessarily get an "incomplete" ending, you just won't
Spoiler:
get the option to stay with Shurelia or stay with the Reyvateil you chose back at the end of Phase 1

2) if you are using a faq, then it is basically just before the final conversation in a town that sets in motion the end of the game cut-scenes. Before that, you can buy, side-quest, grind, get cards, etc. Although, mind you, this is AFTER
Spoiler:
you have beaten all forms of the "evil" Reyvateil but before the end of the game

3) No, you just get
Spoiler:
a 100% complete on the talk topics part of the Reyvateil's detail page in the bonus section that you can choose from at the title screen

Awaking in 2014...

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:18 pm

leinaud wrote:1) you don't necessarily get an "incomplete" ending, you just won't
Spoiler:
get the option to stay with Shurelia or stay with the Reyvateil you chose back at the end of Phase 1

2) if you are using a faq, then it is basically just before the final conversation in a town that sets in motion the end of the game cut-scenes. Before that, you can buy, side-quest, grind, get cards, etc. Although, mind you, this is AFTER
Spoiler:
you have beaten all forms of the "evil" Reyvateil but before the end of the game

3) No, you just get
Spoiler:
a 100% complete on the talk topics part of the Reyvateil's detail page in the bonus section that you can choose from at the title screen

1. Oh yeah, I heard of that. What I meant was that there was mention of "extra scenes" with the Reyvateil of your choice if Shurelia's cosmosphere isn't completed. Though it doesn't matter now, I just beat Shurelia's cosmosphere with little story progression, so it's all good.

2. See last sentence of #1.

3. So basically, nothing really happens then? I don't miss any extras? Then good.

One more thing, for real, seriously (sorry guys!). For those costume talk topics that require the Reyvateil go to 10-20 battles with it on, does running away count or do you have to win the battle?

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:39 pm

i honestly don't know, i just went to the starting area, one-shot the enemies to get lots of DP to upgrade spells, and met my battle requirements pretty quickly, lol

Awaking in 2014...

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:48 am

Yay I've beaten Ar Tonelico 1 on Aurica's path! I guess now I can either play Misha's path or move on to Ar Tonelico 2. And you know what that means! Questions time!

1a. Just to clarify what was said in the first page, if I go past Level 5 in any Reyvateil's Cosmosphere, I'm locked into her ending, correct? So I can choose, say, Cloche's path and as long as I don't pass her Level 5 Cosmosphere and I save at the last save point, I can use that save to get any of the other girl's endings (besides Luca's)? If so, that's a good idea.

2. If I pass Level 5 of someone's Cosmosphere, I can't go pass Level 5 for anyone else, right?

3. What happens if you pass Cloche's or Luca's Cosmosphere Level 5 BEFORE the big decision? Like, you go over Level 5 with Cloche but then decide to choose Luca's route? Or are you not allowed to enter Level 6 and over until you enter a certain Phase, like in Ar Tonelico 1?

4. Are the other girls' endings different depending on if I'm on Cloche's and Luca's path? Like how in Ar Tonelico 1, the ending with the 3rd Reyvateil is slightly different depending on if you went with Aurica or with Misha? Or are the other girls' endings the same regardless of which path you're on?

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:42 pm

LAMV wrote:1a. Just to clarify what was said in the first page, if I go past Level 5 in any Reyvateil's Cosmosphere, I'm locked into her ending, correct? So I can choose, say, Cloche's path and as long as I don't pass her Level 5 Cosmosphere and I save at the last save point, I can use that save to get any of the other girl's endings (besides Luca's)? If so, that's a good idea.

Yes, that is how it works.

LAMV wrote:2. If I pass Level 5 of someone's Cosmosphere, I can't go pass Level 5 for anyone else, right?

Correct. Furthermore, once you have chosen a girl as your definitive partner, you will be kicked out from the Cosmospheres of the others at Lv. 5, just before the point that activates the Paradigm Shift.

LAMV wrote:3. What happens if you pass Cloche's or Luca's Cosmosphere Level 5 BEFORE the big decision? Like, you go over Level 5 with Cloche but then decide to choose Luca's route? Or are you not allowed to enter Level 6 and over until you enter a certain Phase, like in Ar Tonelico 1?

In this case, the Talk Topics and plot advancement were made in such a way that you won't be able to go even to the Lv. 3 of either Cosmosphere before the decision point, so it's impossible.

LAMV wrote:4. Are the other girls' endings different depending on if I'm on Cloche's and Luca's path? Like how in Ar Tonelico 1, the ending with the 3rd Reyvateil is slightly different depending on if you went with Aurica or with Misha? Or are the other girls' endings the same regardless of which path you're on?

No, the endings for the 3rd Reyvateil and 4rth ending are the same regardless of which path you chose.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:25 pm

^ All righty then. Thanks a bunch.

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”