(VITA DLC) New Interpretation: Stranger of Sword City - Black Palace

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
Yarott
New Vassal
New Vassal

(VITA DLC) New Interpretation: Stranger of Sword City - Black Palace

Postby Yarott » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:04 pm

It's the DLC Expansion Pack for the Digital Vita version of Stranger of Sword City, which also had to be sold separately as physical standalone copy in Japan due to some restriction the new code had, which made it impossible for the DLC Expansion to work in the original's physical release. It rebalances over 70+ Areas, encounters, and fixes over several other changes in many other places based on player feedback (The Store finally restocks its wares!). It also includes the addition of more story events, more enemies, more boss fights, more areas, and the inclusion of a few new mechanics. Two of those that I can call major additions are:

- Guard Counter: Allows guarding characters to attack back with 100% success, but that rate halves if done consecutively. It can kill mobs or stun bosses.
- Lineage Species Subjugation Challenge: Basically, in a Lineage Encounter, you can choose to challenge them within a level cap limit, which yields huge rewards, like a big boost of experience, stat-up items, uniques, etc. These challenges are one-time. Meaning, at the moment you encounter them, that is your only window to attempt them.

On top of that, it adds 3 new classes: "Clocker" (controls the flow of battle orders), "Puppeteer" (Controls enemy actions either directly or through suggestions) and... "Freeman" is a doozy. It is a class that never joins your party and stays in reserve. But, it does affect everything that happens in your base while you are away in the labyrinths and other dungeons. A "Freeman" can help speed up recovery, help get discounts from stores, raise the price of items you do sell, increase Self-Training EXP for other characters in reserve, and even raise the amount of Blood Crystals obtained from members who were in reserve. They do have drawbacks for owning them. Given the fact that they use up Party Reserve space, there's that kind of balance that you'd want to keep so that you don't clog it up with more "freeman", despite the fact that multiple members in that class can stack their effects with each other. They are useless to class change to or from, too. Not to mention, you CAN'T transfer their skills to other classes, and if you go back to Freeman, you also reset to level 1. It's also kinda hilarious, because their portraits actually depict the appearance of a NEET. I.e. normal real world baggy clothes with some comfort isolation accessories. Even in a world where they got all this incredible superhuman strength and vitality... there are still those that would not want to renounce their NEET lifestyle. Even in a Fantasy land.

There is a whole lot more, but I just want to place this here as to get the attention of any officials to "Get to it!" Get this thing to the west! NA, EU, and every corner of the Occident!

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Re: (VITA DLC) New Interpretation: Stranger of Sword City - Black Palace

Postby Dorarnae » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:21 pm

not worth spending ressource on re-releasing that game again with those changes. While some change were nice, some others weren't. to be honest I am not sure which version of the game I prefer. I'd prefer if they work on labyrinth cross blood (dunno if it would be possible after operation babel, might be best to wait for exp inc. to release a new remake with new artwork...)

Yarott
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Yarott » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:47 pm

Dorarnae wrote:not worth spending ressource on re-releasing that game again with those changes. While some change were nice, some others weren't. to be honest I am not sure which version of the game I prefer. I'd prefer if they work on labyrinth cross blood (dunno if it would be possible after operation babel, might be best to wait for exp inc. to release a new remake with new artwork...)
Your response is kinda neutral, despite starting by declining the idea. Can you tell me what's so bad about it? To me, with this existing, despite what some would say on the other stuff it changes, the game is basically an incomplete release without it. I would not mind more games from Experience, but I am right now on the boat for this particular title first. The one that's already localized.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:02 am

the game is not incomplete...

-the puppeeter was kinda fun during the main story but felt maybe a bit op, he was basically my boss killer.
-the overclocker last skill is ridicously OP, I had everyone with it, so you basically do 2 action per turn with each character.(the class itself is alright but when multiclassing, that skill is absurb).

-some part of the game were made a bit harder, but harder part were made easier but overall I felt the game was easier, mostly because of the guard counter. you just need to guard and wait til you stun the boss. the mechanic isn't too bad but they should of put some kind of immunity or something, it needs more work.

-there's two very tiny extra for the neutral ending if you complete a little quest. (it's like a single picture with maybe 4-5 lines of text)
-the 3 new dungeons are nothing really special, they're pretty much just for seeing other ending without doing new game+

-there's a tons of items to boost your stats. also skill slot are gained with items, there's quite a couple of em but I personally prefered to get it as a passive at lvl 13 and then get more with multiclassing.
-you can also multiclass as much as you want, not sure what to think of that one, I didn't mind the limit before.

-you could use skill on the ''no skill'' zone, it just hurt a bit. so it made those area a whole lot easier.
-the cost for ambush was greatly lowered, so you ended up farming only 1 or 2 points.
-some maps changed a bit, not sure how I feel about those change.

the good points are:
-how you spend money on upgrading gear, because money wasn't that useful before and the mumic was useless...
-increased lava damage
-increased poison dmg (they could of lower it a bit though, was maybe a bit high, it ended up being the most annoying zone to explore)
-they reworked a few divinity, in particular the veil one last 3 turn.

there's probably a bit more, but it's a bit far now...

from what I've heard, many things they did were ideas from the feedback they received. because they were celebrating their 10th anniversary they decided to release that. to me it feels more like they were experimenting with some stuff.

Yarott
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Yarott » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:07 pm

That all sounds good to me. I might wait many lifetimes for it to get localized, but I can wait. If anything, all of that can still be adjusted in the localization, if they were to do it.

Yarott
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Yarott » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Thank you!

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Ya know...I'm a little weirded out by why Experience themselves (apparently?) decided to release the game instead of NISA doing the DLC bit here...it just seems odd, and with really weird timing.

I wish somebody'd explain the logistics on that...it's also annoying that Revisited doesn't let toggle the art, that or I'm an idiot and just missed the option somehow.

As for the changes...I'm actually digging them overall. New events, features classes and characters are ALWAYS welcome imo. Plus from what I've seen...the extras aren't bad.

It's just the timing and handling that's got me kinda scratching my head here more than anything really...well, that and no art toggle.

Yarott
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Yarott » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:48 am

Sleepyprinny99 wrote:Ya know...I'm a little weirded out by why Experience themselves (apparently?) decided to release the game instead of NISA doing the DLC bit here...it just seems odd, and with really weird timing.

I wish somebody'd explain the logistics on that...it's also annoying that Revisited doesn't let toggle the art, that or I'm an idiot and just missed the option somehow.

As for the changes...I'm actually digging them overall. New events, features classes and characters are ALWAYS welcome imo. Plus from what I've seen...the extras aren't bad.

It's just the timing and handling that's got me kinda scratching my head here more than anything really...well, that and no art toggle.

It makes me think that the server stuff was handled by NISA's servers over here, so they had to cut that corner to get the revisited version here. Not sure about the Anime portraits. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay the licensing for the artist of those alternate versions?

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Yarott wrote:
It makes me think that the server stuff was handled by NISA's servers over here, so they had to cut that corner to get the revisited version here. Not sure about the Anime portraits. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay the licensing for the artist of those alternate versions?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened.
Associated asset costs are both irritatingly expensive and full of bullshit red tape when crossing borders.

Still, who really knows.

Return to “Game Requests”