Higurashi: When They Cry Best

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Higurashi: When They Cry Best

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:56 am

I would top dollar if this got localized or brought overseas.
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

AnimeIsReal
Vassal
Vassal

Postby AnimeIsReal » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:59 am

As much as I would like to be optimistic, with the recent visual novel boom, my minds logic says the biggest chance we had at getting a Higurashi game on console was when it was at the height of its popularity in the late 00's and it just never happened.

If it does happen, though, I will definitely buy it, even if it is download only. Higurashi was the catalyst that got me into anime, and it is held dear by many western fans even after all of these years. It would be the ultimate love letter to us fans who have missed out all of this time. Before the series is discontinued for good, this closure is needed.
I have zero redeeming qualities.

ThisIDWasTaken
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ThisIDWasTaken » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:10 pm

Still holding out hope that this will get picked up in the not-too-distant future... Recently noticed that the Higurashi anime just got a US re-release on DVD and Blu-Ray(!!!), including the (officially) previously-unreleased Higurashi Kai and the Rei OVAs. Maybe that will help expose more people to the series and renew interest in the west. I've also noticed that there have been a ton of visual novels, including otome games (that's like the niche-est of the niche outside of Japan), being released on PC and Vita lately, so who knows! Since I believe MangaGamer only has rights to distribute the original doujin version of the question and answer arcs, Higurashi Sui (being a project by Alchemist and Kaga Create) should still have a shot at being picked up by a console publisher like NISA. *bats eyelashes for all the good it will do*

eylena
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby eylena » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:14 pm

There is no need for NISA to localize it, higurashi is already being localized by mangagamer on PC.
And don't give me the but but but the console version excuse its now available up to chapter 4 on PC so what are you waiting for?
Go buy it and read it, a VN doesn't need a monster PC also alchemist and kaga create has gone bankrupt
so there is no way of us getting the vita version anyway.

So please let this thread die.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:03 pm

The console version has several arcs that MG won't be localizing.

Also, this is the second time Higurashi has been localized by MG, so it's hardly news to anyone here.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

ThisIDWasTaken
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ThisIDWasTaken » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:24 am

eylena wrote:There is no need for NISA to localize it, higurashi is already being localized by mangagamer on PC.
And don't give me the but but but the console version excuse its now available up to chapter 4 on PC so what are you waiting for?

I'm not waiting on anything. I already have the original MangaGamer translation of the question and answer arcs, the re-translations that they're currently working on, all of the manga volumes that have been localized, as well as the original DVD release and the newly-released Blu-Ray versions. And what I'm saying after all that is, I still want this collection. As stated, there are 11 more story arcs that MangaGamer will likely never translate, not to mention the voice acting and audio/visual overhauls present in Sui. Just because a Zelda game is already available on the NES doesn't mean I won't want to buy one on the Wii-U.

Rika
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Rika » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Daverost wrote:The console version has several arcs that MG won't be localizing.

Also, this is the second time Higurashi has been localized by MG, so it's hardly news to anyone here.

Are the other parts even important to the overall story? I was exposed to the anime first, then the VNs much later.

Return to “Game Requests”