Uta no Prince-sama Repeat (PSVita)

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
CloudySky
New Vassal
New Vassal

Uta no Prince-sama Repeat (PSVita)

Postby CloudySky » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Uta no Prince-sama, a popular otome game series with rhythm game elements, is getting ported to Vita, starting with the first game Uta no Prince-sama Repeat. The series is already pretty popular in the west, thanks to the anime. Since NISA has already shown an interest in bring over more visual novels, I hope you’ll consider this series! With the recent localizations of Hakuoki, Amnesia, Code:Realize and Norn9, otome games are showing themselves to be a viable genre in the west, and I know this is a title many people are hoping to play.

SushiGeisha
Peon
Peon

Re: Uta no Prince-sama Repeat (PSVita)

Postby SushiGeisha » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:08 pm

It would be great if these games could be brought over! I would love to play them! <3

VerdelishJP
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby VerdelishJP » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:18 pm

YES! I really want to get into this series, so I'm excited that they're porting the original game to Vita! Plus, I'm really curious as to what "additional features" they'll be adding.

Either way, this is a limited edition day one buy for me :P

Mitsukiix
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Mitsukiix » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:09 am

Probably not going to happen because of how expensive the music/seiyuu license is and broccoli will probably charge a ton for the licensing cost. :D
Besides I don't think this game is right for nisa... and nipponichi probably only help broccoli with the coding/system(minigame)
other than that they have no rights aka they help broccoli develop it and thats it they don't own anything else.
I think Yandere hell, shin hayarigami or edo blacksmith are more feasible choices at the moment.
I'm realistic am I? Can't wait to see the localized title though The songs of a prince... or something similair
meh they should just keep the JP title like sentai filmworks if they ever bring it over. :lol:

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Don't N1 develop these games in Japan? If ever there were a time to bring it over...

maddychan
Peon
Peon

Postby maddychan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:40 pm

I'm so jealous of people that can read Japanese... I wish NISA would port it to Western shores. :'(

makikiki
Peon
Peon

Postby makikiki » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:06 pm

I would buy a Vita just to play these games and I know several more people who would buy them as well. With as popular as it is I can't fathom why it was never brought over. Hakuouki has a super high profile cast as well and Utapri is definitely more popular thanks to the anime now. They would be able to sell the units, or they would have if they hadn't waited so long since the Vita is somewhat of a dead system...I can keep playing my Japanese PSP versions, but I'd love to just have it subtitled :(

BigMissSteak
Peon
Peon

Postby BigMissSteak » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:07 pm

The Vita already has 3 successful otoge it would be nice to have another one :3c

Amisbro
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Amisbro » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:19 pm

https://youtu.be/CCsM_MgPIms

Just a little something I did to try and help build a case for the UtaPri fans to try and get the games to come over here. If you disagree with the points that's cool but these were some that I thought of off the top of my head.

ENJOY!

Mitsukiix
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Mitsukiix » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:00 am

Kresnik wrote:Don't N1 develop these games in Japan? If ever there were a time to bring it over...

No they don't Broccoli owns it and broccoli is its own company if Nippon ichi did make it then the utapri games would be up and front
on nippon ichi's JP website game catalog if you check http://nippon1.jp/titlelineup/index.php?hard=psp you won't find anything broccoli related.
This only confirms for me atleast that Nippon ichi helps broccoli with coding and system stuff.
AKA Nipponichi are broccoli slaves(bad joke i know) they don't own anything and can't do anything to bring it over if broccoli says no.

People shouldn't get their hopes up too much high licensing cost aside(which might be too much for NISA), do we even have a release date?
is it out in japan? no let's worry about that first we know how slow broccoli was with kamiaso infinite which was basically vaporware for years
so this means we aren't getting it anytime soon atleast not in 2016 for ''west''. :lol:

Everytime something gets announced for ''japan'' the west screams do want! pls localize!! without using their heads, let's just wait and see.
(I doubt some vlog will get broccoli's attention btw...)

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:57 am

Mitsukiix wrote:
Kresnik wrote:Don't N1 develop these games in Japan? If ever there were a time to bring it over...

No they don't Broccoli owns it and broccoli is its own company if Nippon ichi did make it then the utapri games would be up and front
on nippon ichi's JP website game catalog if you check http://nippon1.jp/titlelineup/index.php?hard=psp you won't find anything broccoli related.
This only confirms for me atleast that Nippon ichi helps broccoli with coding and system stuff.
AKA Nipponichi are broccoli slaves(bad joke i know) they don't own anything and can't do anything to bring it over if broccoli says no.

Alright, simmer down!

Besides, I asked if they develop the games in Japan and... they do. You just said so yourself in that post!

I know they don't publish, but they at least have a relationship with Broccoli if they're making the games, so would probably be easier for them than other companies.

Mitsukiix
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Mitsukiix » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:17 am

Ofcourse Nippon ichi develops games... where do you think disgaea comes from? :D
I'm just kind of tired of people asking will this game come over the day its announced in japan, cuz you know localization is not a 1,2,3 thing.
I'd rather Nisa keep localizing nippon ichi's games like the upcoming labyrinth of refrain,shin hayarigami
and something like exist archive(spike chunsoft)than something risky like utapri which will most likely cost an arm and a leg knowing broccoli.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:45 am

Mitsukiix wrote:Ofcourse Nippon ichi develops games... where do you think disgaea comes from? :D
I'm just kind of tired of people asking will this game come over the day its announced in japan, cuz you know localization is not a 1,2,3 thing.
I'd rather Nisa keep localizing nippon ichi's games like the upcoming labyrinth of refrain,shin hayarigami
and something like exist archive(spike chunsoft)than something risky like utapri which will most likely cost an arm and a leg knowing broccoli.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Coven and Hero Must Die (why does no-one want this game apart from me!?) than this, I was just speculating.

Diananina23
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Diananina23 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:44 pm

If only more otome could make its way onto heldhelds and consoles.... I've always wanted to try an uta no prince-sama game.

Kiekie895
Peon
Peon

Postby Kiekie895 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:12 pm

I loved the anime!! I would love to play this! This seems like a great game and I love playing Otome games on the psp an ps vita!

Return to “Game Requests”