Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:03 am

**Dunno if there's already a topic here requesting the game...but yeah apologies for not sifting through hundreds of titles and all.

Anyway...

It's a collaboration between Compile Heart, Dengeki Bunko and Dengeki Playstaion set to release in the fall
(At the moment, October 13th in Japan) with the story being written by Yomoji Otono and character designs by Dakei Naname.

Story details:
- Set in a living tower that swallowed up a certain city in Japan and submerging 666 meters underground trapping everyone in the swallowed city inside. The story itself is set some decades later after this event with the goal of finding a way to escape their prison, the living tower called "Jail". To do this the heroes must take advantage of the tower's simple animal like nature/desires that defines ALL living creatures(Appetite, sexual desire/proceation and the need to sleep) and grow their prison, Jail, 666 meters up and seize freedom!!!(or...something like that)
- With Jail's appearance came the appearance of monsters called "Marchen" who seize and imprison humans and the birth of rare children who reacted to Jail's pink blood and gain superhuman abilities and skills: the rare "Chishiki Girls" and the even rarer "Chishiki Boys".
- In order to resist Jail and find freedom, the organization called the Dawn Liberation Front is formed with the Chishiki Girls Squad at the center (As, for whatever reason, and as rare as they are....girls seem to get the powers more than the guys but the guys still get their time in the spotlight, so yay!)
- In this squad is Jack, MC and one of the even rarer Chishiki Boys along with Alice, his Childhood friend and several other Chishiki Girls who, like Red Riding Hood, are named after various fairytale heroines(i.e. Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty...etc, etc).

Gameplay details:
- It's a dungeon crawler RPG with some twists, such as puzzle solving with items and skills and boses/monsters that will chase you IN REAL TIME! Dubbed a, "3D active dungeon RPG".
- Blood is set to be an important mechanic...Namely, the blood of spilled by Marchen in combat are vital to battles, the dungeons and training.
- A job system that allows each of the heroines to take advantage of classes and skills according to their individua fixed class type. For example, Alice can use classes like Paladin or Destroyer...so on and so forth for the other girls and classes. Not sure how Jack works yet, sadly.
- Turn based 1st person view combat typical of the genre, but all in glorious 3D!
- Has a vibe similar to Criminal Girls in some ways...Girls with a characteristic "theme", ecchi training minigame mechanic(Yay) and an MC who seems like he has a less direct role in combat, probably more like boosting a la Moero Chronicle and directing the girls a la Criminal Girls. STILL more useful than Dungeon Travelers 2's Fried (useless loser). The type of stuff/games I love, for lots of different reasons(stories, ecchiness, gameplay...etc,etc)...but yeah, that's me.

Heres a link with gameplay trailer to better show the game off...
https://youtu.be/tp6PvyEZvYU

It really does look interesting and I think it could do well here.
- Solid gameplay by the looks of it? Triple check!
- Enticing premise & story? Triple check!(I think it has a lot of potential anyway)
- Male MC who *isn't* useless with his bevy of beautiful companions? Triple check! (Yeah, I'm that kinda guy...buzz off)
- 3D Dungeon crawler goodness? Triple check!
- Vita support? Triple check!
- Ecchi fanservicy goodness/minigame? Triple check! (Yeah, I'm also that kinda guy...Buzz. Off!)

Seriously, I just want more stuff that *I'd* like to play, but I doubt I'm the only one and this title does look AWESOME from tjis and the other trailers I've seen, and the timing seems pretty nice so why n9t give it a serious look NISA? Give your fans some love you bums!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Right, what does everybody else think?
Preferably, those in favor of localizing need share first of course...oh, and share anything else you guys might come across, please?

(Hope this goes okay...I'm sincerely interested in this potential gem and wanna see a western release)

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Well, the launch trailer for the game released.

Personally, I think the game looks pretty good. I'm really digging the aesthetic and the gameplay is looking pretty solid as well, if not just for some of the unique dungeon crawling elements. Between this and "Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain" (which I'm really looking forward to getting announced, come on NISA), I feel like jumping back into DRPGs for a while.

Too bad we probably won't be seeing it though. I'm pretty much all but convinced that IFI won't bother with it at this point. They've been playing it fairly safe lately.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:54 pm

The game just got announced to be coming over.

I guess I will now commence the crow eating. I really didn't think IFI had the spine to bring this over.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:17 am

shadowmaksim wrote:The game just got announced to be coming over.

I guess I will now commence the crow eating. I really didn't think IFI had the spine to bring this over.

Sweet.

A bit of good news...considering the craziness I mean.

I'm looking forward to this...like, ALOT.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Bbbbllllaaarrrgggghhhh....

Summer release = EXTREME IMPATIENCE!!!!!

Well, Persona 5 shall tide me over, but the waiting still hurts.

That and the website...is barely there...ugh.

Return to “Game Requests”