Phantom Brave Portable

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Phantom Brave Portable

Postby Ar Tonelico » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:41 am

kazriko wrote:
Onislash wrote:
stealth20k wrote:You would honestly like to see more ports with not enough new content than new and original games?>

Did you like Last Rebellion? Doesnt always work so well and besides not every person buys every game. As for this one, since the Wii version never came to Europe, I would like to see this one in America at least.

I liked Last Rebellion. I recognize it wasn't a great game, or really even a good game, but it was a fun diversion with an interesting (briefly) puzzle of a battle system, and didn't outstay its welcome. I just wish all mediocre games were that short. 14 hours and 45 minutes to get the platinum trophy was quite short enough that I didn't want to tear my hair out. Blade dancer on the other hand...

Agreed. I also enjoyed Last Rebellion. Plus it's not a terrible game, it's just ok but when the game is that short, it doesn't really matter. It's a game for like if you have a weekend with nothing else to do or for like a rainy day to pass the time so you won't be completely bored. If Last Rebellion was a game that was long, having multiple endings, and so on, then I could understand people's hatred for it, but that's not the case here.

Onislash
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Onislash » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:20 am

stealth20k wrote:Last rebelion no matter what anyone says is not a nis japan game or real nisa game for that matter. Its hitmaker, they suck, nis/a isnt having anything to do with them anymore.

Thats great and all, but you missed the point. Not every new game is good is the point.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:33 am

Every game that nis japan has made internally has been good.

phantom brave
makai kingdom
soul
disgaea
z.h.p
Twitter - @Stealth___

SjSharks182
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby SjSharks182 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:44 am

stealth20k wrote:Every game that nis japan has made internally has been good.

phantom brave
makai kingdom
soul
disgaea
z.h.p

Ok well NISA can localize this while NIS does there thing.
"Can I pay my rent in fun?"

kazriko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby kazriko » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:45 pm

stealth20k wrote:Last rebelion no matter what anyone says is not a nis japan game or real nisa game for that matter. Its hitmaker, they suck, nis/a isnt having anything to do with them anymore.

It's no less an NIS game than Blade Dancer, Witches Tale, Dragoneer's Aria, Atelier Iris 1-3, Mana Khemia 1-2, Ar Tonelico 1-3, Trinity Universe, Cross Edge, Spectral Souls, Aedis Eclipse, and Grim Grimoire. All of those were published and/or translated by either NIS and/or NISa in US or Japan. Last Rebellion was released in Japan by NIS, translated and published in america by NISa, sadly.

Just because all Hitmaker games and many Idea Factory games suck doesn't mean they aren't NIS games in some sense... ;)

Though I definitely would prefer more Gust and Vanillaware games, and less Hitmaker and Idea Factory games. Looks like I'm getting my wish with Hitmaker since NIS Japan has dropped them.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Idea Factory games doesn't suck.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Games made by nis japan are quality.....games they localize or publish arent always so
Twitter - @Stealth___

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 pm

stealth20k wrote:Games made by nis japan are quality.....games they localize or publish arent always so

True. NIS =/= NISA.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Thats why last rebelion, blade, and other mediocre things they localize arent the real nis games.
Twitter - @Stealth___

kazriko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby kazriko » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:24 pm

stealth20k wrote:Thats why last rebelion, blade, and other mediocre things they localize arent the real nis games.

But... It wasn't just localized by NISa. It was also published by NIS in japan. It wasn't developed by them, but it was an NIS game in 2/3rds of the places it was published.

You are right about their in-house games being superior though. I think they realized that too, which is why their JP studio has shifted focus away from third party publishing. (That, and the large loss they took last year.)

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Shizuka wrote:Idea Factory games doesn't suck.

Yeah, don't include Idea Factory in your list. They actually make quite fun games, and in the case of Neptune/TU, quite amazing games.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:46 am

idea factory and gust are fine.

Hitmaker and the rest of the see of mediocrity need to go
Twitter - @Stealth___

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:15 am

Yes, Idea Factory make great games, don't bash them.

Its sad but I do want to play Last Rebellion but I don't want to spend $60 on it. I can tell I wont really care for it much but it doesn't mean I wouldn't play it.
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

kazriko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby kazriko » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:43 pm

vampko wrote:
Shizuka wrote:Idea Factory games doesn't suck.

Yeah, don't include Idea Factory in your list. They actually make quite fun games, and in the case of Neptune/TU, quite amazing games.

I haven't tried Neptune.

Trinity Universe isn't an amazing game. It's certainly better than Cross edge and Last Rebellion. I would admit that it's a good game. I'm on the fence as to if it could be considered a great game. So far it's fun though.

I'm finding it hard to forgive them for Cross Edge though. That thing was a real mess on its interface.

kazriko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby kazriko » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:46 pm

lordryo wrote:Yes, Idea Factory make great games, don't bash them.

Its sad but I do want to play Last Rebellion but I don't want to spend $60 on it. I can tell I wont really care for it much but it doesn't mean I wouldn't play it.

I didn't think that Last Rebellion was ever $60? I thought it was a $50 game... I would say that if I had to do it over again, I'd wait until it was $20-25. It's on NISA's store for $50 now.

Return to “Game Requests”