Soul Nomad and the World Eaters(PSN PS2 classics)

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
Kou the Mad
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Soul Nomad and the World Eaters(PSN PS2 classics)

Postby Kou the Mad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:17 pm

the world needs more Gig.
3 Gods waiting on the Windowsill, Where 1 God's blood was lately spilt.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Kou the Mad wrote:the world needs more Gig.

Yeah, and I don't even really know how awesome Gig is...so... :lol:

Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:43 pm

I'd like to see:
Atelier Iris 1, 2, 3
Ar tonelico 1, 2
Mana Khemia 2
Soul Nomad
Makai Kingdom ( if NISA decides to not localize the PSP version :cry: )

Also the name of the thread should probably be changed to be, requests for more PS2 games to be added to PSN, Or something like that because there's no real need to limit it to only Soul Nomad.

the8anarchist
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby the8anarchist » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:18 am

Darcnova wrote:Yup, and like me, many people didn't get a chance to play it for whatever reason, so having it as a PSN classic would be nice

this is exactly why i made the request in the first place, by the time i came into NIS games it was kinda late, hell i was lucky to find La Pucelle and Makai Kingdom(and please localize the PSP version, that'll be a day 1 purchase for this dood) at gamestop, there are 3 copies of Soul Nomad in the state im in but theyre all 50 miles from where i live, and i dont have a car to make that kinda trip, its easier just to ask NISA to put it up on the PSN and hope they do.
"Life?! What do you mean life!?! I ain't got a life!"

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:09 pm

Since we're requesting other games in this thread, let me repost one I made in another thread:

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love. I'm not sure what chances it has. But I think it would be really, really good if it were revived on PSN. For one thing, people who never got the chance to play it because it was on PS2 or Wii will finally get that chance. For another, I believe that the game, and the series in general, deserves more attention in general. I especially want NISA's effort to localize this recognized. They actually went through the trouble of creating a Wii port (which Japan doesn't have), and they not only went through even more trouble giving the PS2, a pretty much dead system by that time, a premium edition with nifty bonuses and everything, they created two separate gaming discs -- one with dub voices and another with japanese voices (with some characters' names remaining intact, which were changed in the dub version). How nice of NISA. It's too bad it didn't sell well at all. I hope that if this is uploaded to PSN it might gain some attention again and continue to sell since it'll always be available to buy and play.

There are two drawbacks I can think of, one for me and one for NISA. The drawback for me is that I'd have to beat the game several times again -- On the PS2 release that I have, Ratchet is the only one I haven't cleared yet; I still need to get back to it someday. The drawback for NISA is that they made the two versions I spoke of before. Would NISA want to upload both the subbed version and the dubbed version on PSN? Or only the dubbed? How much work would it require them? Still, I think this is something I think should happen.

I also think it would benefit greatly with a PC port, too, perhaps to Steam.

While we're here, there's one PSOne Classic I'd like to on PSN -- Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. That is, if it isn't up there already. And if it isn't, I hope NISA's allowed to upload it. Else we'd have to ask Atlus.

Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:23 pm

@LAMV - I've never played, Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love. Is it a, SRPG, RPG, VN or some other genre?

I would put La Puchelle and Rhapsody on my list too but since I'm not sure whether NISA has the ability to add them, I'll leave them off. But if they have the right to, then bring them forth from the depths of obscurity and offer them to the masses!~

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:26 pm

I think Sakura Wars is a SRPG with VN elements...or a VN with SRPG elements...i haven't really played it

Though we should probably make separate requests for other ps2 classics and leave this as a request thread for Soul Nomad...so show support for different ones in an organized manner

Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Darcnova wrote:I think Sakura Wars is a SRPG with VN elements...or a VN with SRPG elements...i haven't really played it

Though we should probably make separate requests for other ps2 classics and leave this as a request thread for Soul Nomad...so show support for different ones in an organized manner

But don't you think it's a bit much to have so many request threads for PS2 games? When they could all really be one thread, an all encompassing PS2 request thread.

I'll have to look Sakura Wars up on Youtube or something, since it does sound interesting~

EDIT: watched a Youtube trailer, didn't have any battle footage, just cut-scenes but that's enough for me to know I'd happily buy Sakura Wars for $10. Although if NISA is planning on adding it to PSN and had to choose between Japanese or English voice tracks. Then I implore NISA to choose Japanese voices. The strong southern accent was painful on the dub hahaha.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:47 am

Sakura Wars is more VN than SRPG, although the last chapter is just battle and battle.

I hope NISA puts it on PSN. If they do they could probably do two different downloads. One with the dub and one with the japanese audio.

servant
Majin
Majin

Postby servant » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:13 pm

NISA would probably end up releasing the second audio as an update eventually or as a DLC piece, that is if they only choose one audio type.
PSN: TAZiO_SLP4HRS
3DS: 4639 9084 6875
PM me if you add me.
For the senators to decide:
Another Disgaea: http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7503
Anybody like AR cards?
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=727&error=comok

the8anarchist
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby the8anarchist » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:49 am

yeah it'd be a bit of a mess but i've yet to see anyone really put up any reasons why they want to see Soul Nomad, yet, and not to sound rude here, people jacked the thread to try and see another game put up, come on please make a separate thread and start listing reasons you wanna see soul nomad.

i for one think it might be a small bit of publicity for the game in the states, with Gig being DLC. i also would like to play the game but any copy i find is well out of reach, what with being upwards of 50 miles away from where i live.

Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Sorry about being off topic with the thread but I really don't think a lot of these older games need their own threads. That's why I was using this thread as sort of a catch-all type thread for PS2 games I'd like to see on PSN. Won't anymore though since you seem to only want Soul Nomad.

Anyway, reasons I'd like to see Soul Nomad added to PSN:

Would be cheaper and much less hassle than buying a copy on Ebay

It's a fun looking NIS game, that I never got to play yet

It's an RPG and I like to play RPG's

Those are the reasons I can think of at the moment. Basically applies to all the older NISA games I never got, as well.

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 pm

This would be fantastic!

I can never ever find Soul Nomad anywhere! And since I don't have a credit or debit card, I can't buy the game from the NISA website. But if it's on the PSN then I can go to the nearest 7-Eleven and pick up a PSN card!

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:32 pm

I guess we'll know if NISA will upload any more of their old PS2 games next month. Sony seems to be releasing more PS2 Classics at the beginning of each month.

the8anarchist
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby the8anarchist » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:10 pm

speaking of seeing PS2 classics put up every month this month was a disappointment: only 1 game was put on, so here's to hoping we get more then one game on the third(PS2 games usually get put on the first Tuesday of the month, at least for the US store anyways) and hopefully we get another NIS PS2 game, Soul Nomad hopefully but i'll probably end up buying any of em that come up.

Return to “Game Requests”