Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.

Should NISA localize this game?

Yes
67%
Definitely
33%

Total votes: 9

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin

Postby Elysion Zero » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:34 am

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/0 ... ot_taisen/

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin: The Lord of Elemental
Platform: DS

It's a DS port of the first spiritual Original Generation game. Basically it's this game with this level of quality or better and the robots are still fully proportioned. They're all originals, the hero's love interest has split personalities, the final boss is a god (or his priest) and Ricardo gets a C for Courage.
Lowering the price of the PS3 to $150 is like mass producing the Big Zam. It's the greatest idea that will never come to pass. OH SHI-!

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin

Postby odinfan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:12 pm

EZ, where's my "no" option? You can't conduct a poll without covering all the bases. Now I can't vote....

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:46 pm

You seem to have somehow acquired the mistaken idea that this topic actually matters. Look at the Approved Wish List.

http://nisamerica.com/prams/hot.php

There's only one wish posted by a member within the last 4 years, and only because it was a mistake in posting permissions. However little they care about what their solid fanbase wants, they probably care less about what some random guy on a forum wants. Especially when the game will likely be picked up by Atlus if they continue their trend with localizing the handhelds. In that case, this topic's completely and utterly pointless. It's nothing more than a preemptive appeal like the topic about Masoukishin I posted on the Atlus forums.

Funny thing about that was the fact that 3 months later a DS port was announced for release in May. Coincidence? No. I’m psychic. And a jerk. Like the guy on Psyche. He’s not really psychic, but he has a perspective that allows him to see more regarding crimes than the guys officially tasked with solving them. But the notion that an industry outsider would be better acquainted with what the average gamer wants is ridiculous, so let’s just say I’m psychic. Oh yeah, and watch where you’re walking. ;)
Lowering the price of the PS3 to $150 is like mass producing the Big Zam. It's the greatest idea that will never come to pass. OH SHI-!

LoneWolf
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby LoneWolf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm

If the other company doesn't bring this over, then yes, i support this 100%.

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 pm

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/edigi/cabine ... 9328-2.jpg

Supposedly that's how the game will look. I cringed before I remembered what it looked like before. It's definitely a step up. And I'll buy it. The only problem is that Play-Asia doesn't have it up for pre-order yet. But when they do, I'll buy it like the fist of an angry god. Swiftly and with great precision.

SpaceDrake
Majin
Majin

Postby SpaceDrake » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:26 pm

This game hasn't actually been confirmed yet, so how about we wait until after the official announcement to start asking for things?

That said, if Atlus doesn't pick this up, this is one of the few titles without any licensing problems at all and the plot is actually pretty solid, if this is anything like the SNES title.

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Considering request to wait. Request denied.

the plot is actually pretty solid, if this is anything like the SNES title.

Ricardo's in it. It'll probably be everything like the SNES title and then pimped out with new graphics and features.

Judgment8
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Judgment8 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:09 am

odinfan wrote:EZ, where's my "no" option? You can't conduct a poll without covering all the bases. Now I can't vote....

:D Yeah. Anyway what's so special about Super Robot blablabla... All I can see is Super Robot this and Super Robot that game requests.

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:34 am

Judgment8 wrote:
odinfan wrote:EZ, where's my "no" option? You can't conduct a poll without covering all the bases. Now I can't vote....

:D Yeah. Anyway what's so special about Super Robot blablabla... All I can see is Super Robot this and Super Robot that game requests.

You've never watched GaoGaiGar, have you? Or even Power Rangers? Giant robots appeal to one's inner eight year old and inspire a youthful glee within one's heart. Part of why nobody knows what's so special about Super Robot Taisen is due to the fact that only 3 games have been brought over so far. 2 were GBA games with SNES graphics. The storyline was that of a PS2 game, serious business, but it came off as cheesy because voice acting and flashy special effects didn't bring it to life. The third was an RPG. It sold better than the first two, but ultimately it was a game about killing monsters, fighting bosses and breasts. Lots of breasts. Bouncy breasts, small breasts and righteous rears. The real meat of Super Robot Taisen has never actually been brought over. This isn't quite that "meat," but it's a remake of a game that was great when it was released over a decade ago. Instead of a military conflict the story plays out as a battle of good versus evil. It's less sci fi and more fantasy, which may make it more appealing considering how modern Americans love their fantasy. Fantasy Football, World of Warcraft, Persona, Disgaea, etc etc.

Of course, OGs still blows this game out of the water in terms of quality. But games on a Nintendo handheld can't really compete that well with console games.

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:55 am

These games only appeal to you, Elysion, at least to your levels. Sure, I like Sakura Taisen(I've been in that section quite a lot lately). Cardcaptor Sakura is also very close to me(I think people can tell that by now). But do you see me constantly bringing them up like you do? Sure I do mention them once in a while, but I've never seen anyone try as much as you have.

You're too focused on SRW, I think you need another hobby.

Xion383
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Xion383 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:11 pm

I remember on the atlus forums EZ posted this game as a request for remake/localization and everyone said it was ridiculous and his suggestions were getting annoying. I too laughed at the suggestion because of how old and ridiculous the suggestion was. I think Masaki and Cybuster are awesome though so I googled the game and realized "wow it would be awesome if I got to play/understand this game". Then after being offline for a couple weeks i come back on this forum and see this news. Anyway, thought it was an interesting turn of events and I hope we get this game over here.

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Xion383 wrote:
I remember on the atlus forums EZ posted this game as a request for remake/localization and everyone said it was ridiculous and his suggestions were getting annoying. I too laughed at the suggestion because of how old and ridiculous the suggestion was. I think Masaki and Cybuster are awesome though so I googled the game and realized "wow it would be awesome if I got to play/understand this game". Then after being offline for a couple weeks i come back on this forum and see this news. Anyway, thought it was an interesting turn of events and I hope we get this game over here.

I don't think EZ realizes how fortunate he really is. NISA gave him a chance this time, Atlus on the other hand isn't so nice with repeat offenses. He was a pretty popular name over there, I've seen him more than once, until I saw that he got banned for it.

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Well, I don't post long textwalls anymore. But I still begrudge the industry for leaving the OG series incomplete and thus far not releasing the two greatest SRT games that can be localized. Regardless, Banpresto has a penchant for turning wild speculation into reality. That's the nature of hotbloodedness. If it's impossible and laughable, then it qualifies as guaranteed. At least according to Gurren Lagann, Banpresto and Winkysoft. So yeah, release date is the end of May and next week's Famitsu will hopefully shed some more light on what exactly's been changed in the game to make it fit with the Original Generation timeline. Maybe there'll even be cameos from the OG series and another nonsensical drama CD with rocket surfboards. It's more likely than Masoukishin getting localized, so it probably won't happen. A guy can hope, though.

Kyosuke13
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Kyosuke13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Who Knows If Atlus is doing Exceed then NIS can snag this one up then we can get both around the same time :D

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:10 am

Well, there won't be any voices and the background music will be the same as the snes version. The graphics and gameplay mechanics will be sound, with 6 playthroughs worth of basic replay value just to get through ever stage, but the music will be the same as the snes version and there will only be voices for map attacks. I'm a little disappointed, but Masoukishin is still awesome.

Return to “Game Requests”