Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable (PSP)

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
9-K
Vassal
Vassal

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable (PSP)

Postby 9-K » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:50 pm

I know Aniplex has the anime licensed, but still, I'd like to make this request. I wanted NISA to get the anime at first, honestly, but since that's already done with, maybe we can get the game! It's certainly NIS-y, I'd say.

On with it!-
Pspgame_cover.jpg
Pspgame_cover.jpg (162.81 KiB) Viewed 4130 times

Puella Magi Wiki wrote:Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable is an upcoming PSP game developed by Namco Bandai. Yusuke Tomizawa (God Eater) and Yoshinao Doi (Steins;Gate, Madoka Magica) are producing the game, while Gen Urobuchi is collaborating on the project's planning and supervising the scenario. SHAFT and Gekidan Inu Curry are providing the illustrations. The game is scheduled for release on March 15, 2012.

Early reports are that it will be a Roguelike RPG, with visual novel elements. It will also have branching scenarios, new witches, and full voice acting. A promo video for it can be seen here (Japanese) or here.

Tons of information on it can be found on the Puella Magi Wiki (English).

And of course, the game's website, too.

PV1
PV2

Hmm... I think that's all I could put here.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by 9-K on Mon May 07, 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable (PSP)

Postby Rednal » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:48 pm

I suspect, given that PMMM seems to be a money-printing franchise in Japan, that the license for this game would be prohibitively expensive, and I'm not sure that a PSP game would sell well enough to turn enough of a profit. ^^; I wouldn't mind seeing NISA get this if it was likely to work out for them, though.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Sadly, it appears NISA is done with PSP. Not to mention Madoka will probably be more expensive to localize, being an established anime franchise and all (wonder how much Bleach cost them...).

I would like to see it over here, though. Could ask XSeed or AkSys.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:18 pm

LAMV wrote:Sadly, it appears NISA is done with PSP. Not to mention Madoka will probably be more expensive to localize, being an established anime franchise and all (wonder how much Bleach cost them...).

I would like to see it over here, though. Could ask XSeed or AkSys.

I doubt Xseed would do it. Just a feeling I have about them based on what they have done.

Aksys...probably doesn't have the budget like NISA. They likely also have a pretty full plate already.

I think we're just gonna have to start hoping that translation patches start seeing a surge, since the PSP has pretty much died here.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:24 pm

I don't know why people keep saying that, yet PSP games continue to be released. It's not dead. In its death throes at the worst, but not dead for sure.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Daverost wrote:I don't know why people keep saying that, yet PSP games continue to be released. It's not dead. In its death throes at the worst, but not dead for sure.

Pretty darn close. Asking for localizations of PSP games seems really hopeless at this point is all I'm saying. And I'm sure you recognize that.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Yeah at this point there are still a few PSP games being released in NA, but it's sadly dying. :(

Xseed will likely release any Ys games that get released on PSP still, and more Trails games possibly. There's also a decent chance of the other Corpse Party games being localized too I think. Other than those franchises I really doubt they'll localize anything more for PSP, unless they've already been working on something unannounced which is close to done.

Aksys I have no clue about, I would hope for Fate/Extra CCC.

Atlus has that game they're trolling with which is likely going to be Growlanser but who knows.

NISA's likely done with PSP now except for BRS. But you never know I guess.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 am

vampko wrote:Pretty darn close. Asking for localizations of PSP games seems really hopeless at this point is all I'm saying. And I'm sure you recognize that.

Hopeless or not, it does piss me off when localization companies drop support for a system when it still has games coming out that I want.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 am

I'm already interested in getting the anime on Blu-ray next month, so I also welcome having this game into my collection.

9-K
Vassal
Vassal

Postby 9-K » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Honestly, my excitement got in the way of me realizing the PSP is dying here...
But, I won't take back my request, I'm sure plenty more folks would love to see this game in English (Have you seen Madoka's fanbase?)

While it's a slim chance.. there's still a chance, right?

raspberrylicious
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby raspberrylicious » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Cero Z? Hahahahahaha let me have it.
Anime List | Visual Novel List | 3DS FC: 3781-0258-9209 | Miiverse: raspbear

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 pm

raspberrylicious wrote:Cero Z? Hahahahahaha let me have it.

That's the equivalent of "M" here, right? Yeah, the only reason this game would get rated M is because... well... those who watched the show know why.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:07 am

LAMV wrote:
raspberrylicious wrote:Cero Z? Hahahahahaha let me have it.

That's the equivalent of "M" here, right? Yeah, the only reason this game would get rated M is because... well... those who watched the show know why.

Actually it goes like this A is pretty much the same as ESRB's E rating(though some A rated games in Japan can be more like a E10+ rating), B is 12+ rating so like a T rating. C is 15+ which is more of a T rating but ESRB has given a C rated titles an M rating like Ar tonelico III and Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk 2. D is 17+ so M rating. Z is 18+ but doesn't necessarily mean a hentai title. Like No More Heroes Red Zone Edition of the 1st game as well as the Xbox 360 version have a Z rating in Japan. I also think the Grand Theft Auto series, Assassin's Creed, and other violent games have also been given the Z rating.

kotakoni
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kotakoni » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:10 pm

i want megucas to rivu

Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Poison Frost » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:38 pm

I don't mean to revive a thread but...

PMMM doesn't really have much of a chance being brought over, if anyone it probably won't be NISA. PMMM's theme doesn't really match with what NISA has been doing over the years (those of you who've watched PMMM know what I mean) Also as mentioned before, it is quite popular in Japan (which blows my mind) and would more or less KILL any localization company with the amount of money the license would call for. But I won't say "no" to a localized copy if offered one. We'll just have to either cross our fingers and pray or pool our money and pre-order the game and wait 'till March 29th or so for the game to arrive at our door (March 15th being the initial release date)

Return to “Game Requests”