Cross Edge website

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Cross Edge website

Postby XCronoX » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Is this douche just going after video games? There's movies with Edge in the title and what about Edge Magazine.

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby KlayBuddy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Solice wrote:NISA doesn't even admit that it exists... they even changed the forum name to reflect that :cry:

I thought of the name change as a substitute for another name, but I guess that could be it, too.
I am training in the shadows.
Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Surreal
Majin
Majin

Postby Surreal » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:34 am

XCronoX wrote:Is this douche just going after video games? There's movies with Edge in the title and what about Edge Magazine.

He went after Edge magazine in the past but failed in his lawsuit as far as I'm aware. Went as far as mocking up an Edge magazine of his own, which looked a child had put it together, and he tried to use that as evidence of him already publishing an Edge magazine.

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:26 am

Surreal wrote:
XCronoX wrote:Is this douche just going after video games? There's movies with Edge in the title and what about Edge Magazine.

He went after Edge magazine in the past but failed in his lawsuit as far as I'm aware. Went as far as mocking up an Edge magazine of his own, which looked a child had put it together, and he tried to use that as evidence of him already publishing an Edge magazine.

*headdesk*

And the courts haven't already scrapped that trademark on the grounds he's a money chasing fraud? Well okay, I know the courts can't really do that this easily... but in my fantasy justice world they can. :?

Elixir
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Elixir » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:35 am

Haha, I just checked their site: http://www.edgegames.com/

"Cross Edge, produced worldwide by NIS under license of Edge Games"

What the hell is wrong with this guy? It makes it look as if that site is responsible for the game.

So in order to avoid a lawsuit, NISA agreed to remove the Cross Edge website, yet this website proudly displays Cross Edge "under license by Edge Games"? How hypocritical of him.

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:59 am

Elixir wrote:Haha, I just checked their site: http://www.edgegames.com/

What the hell is wrong with this guy? It makes it look as if that site is responsible for the game.

So in order to avoid a lawsuit, NISA agreed to remove the Cross Edge website, yet this website proudly displays Cross Edge "under license by Edge Games"? How hypocritical of him.

In order to continue selling the game, NIS probably licensed it in Japan. However, NISA no longer acknowledges it even exists. I would wager that NISA didn't license it for NA from Edge Games.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:17 am

How can this guy be such an arrogant pompous asshole? So he got them to stop acknowledging it and I assume to stop selling it in NA, but this also allows him to say he licensed the game? If they are stopping everything with Cross Edge, he can just claim that he licensed all the copies that are out there. Did NISA have to pay him for what was already sold?
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:21 am

bloodyaftertaste wrote:

How can this guy be such an arrogant pompous asshole? So he got them to stop acknowledging it and I assume to stop selling it in NA, but this also allows him to say he licensed the game? If they are stopping everything with Cross Edge, he can just claim that he licensed all the copies that are out there. Did NISA have to pay him for what was already sold?

Cross Edge probably sold better overseas, so it may have made financial sense for NIS to license it. The fact that the game and all related materials that NISA had are gone is at least evidence that supports the idea that NISA didn't pay... who knows what really transpired; no one is talking about it.

Surreal
Majin
Majin

Postby Surreal » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:33 am

Hopefully they didn't pay, but its kind of annoying that Edge are using this situation to pad out their fake portfolio of games that they've "published".

RedCoKid
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RedCoKid » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:33 am

bloodyaftertaste wrote:

Anyone can be an APA if you have enough bridges to burn such that you wouldn't be left stranded afterward.

Would it help to call a few members of Congress? They do hire staff to run errands for their constituents.

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:19 am

Hmm. does this mean that the DLC is gone as well? I haven't looked.

I hate knowing that it looks like NISA is sitting on their hands and doing nothing... but I'm sure someone up there is doing SOMETHING right?

If not, I delegate Solice to take action. >:D
Solice: they should pay for my incompetence!
Kana: i didn't get this lazy just by sitting around and doing nothing!!!
Solice: "Uhh. Crotch in before 3pm. It's gonna be a good day!"

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:30 am

Prinny wrote:Hmm. does this mean that the DLC is gone as well? I haven't looked.

I hate knowing that it looks like NISA is sitting on their hands and doing nothing... but I'm sure someone up there is doing SOMETHING right?

If not, I delegate Solice to take action. >:D

I... er... what!?

I checked the DLC this weekend. It's still there. Grab it if you haven't already, who knows if that was just an oversight.

It probably looks like NISA is sitting on their hands, doing nothing because.. the situation is already resolved, with the status that we see right now: the game is gone.

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 am

I'm assuming its gone because it may be against the case to keep it there. If they're in court or trying to reason with this assmunch then they may put it back when they're done kicking him in the teeth. Theres an entire localization team who just had half of their portfolio unacknowledged because of some fruit who thinks he owns a word...they have to be pissed..

Can he be sued for false advertisement now? Or does that only count as things advertised to do things they don't do? xP

He sounds like he belongs on that list of "people who just shouldn't be alive."

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:47 am

Nooo you have alerted them. Is the DLC really worth it? My game is still in the shrink wrap lol. Ya I'll ebay that shizz a few years from now. Mwahahaha. Nah I'll probably keep it. But if they decided not to pay and just get rid of the game, which I don't know who would want to pay that idiot anything. Seriously what goes on in the head of a person like that? And what went on in the person's head to allow him to win? But Yes even if they decided not to pay how can he claim that he licenses the game?
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:01 am

bloodyaftertaste wrote:Nooo you have alerted them. Is the DLC really worth it? My game is still in the shrink wrap lol. Ya I'll ebay that shizz a few years from now. Mwahahaha. Nah I'll probably keep it. But if they decided not to pay and just get rid of the game, which I don't know who would want to pay that idiot anything. Seriously what goes on in the head of a person like that? And what went on in the person's head to allow him to win? But Yes even if they decided not to pay how can he claim that he licenses the game?

Thats exactly where I'm coming from. It seems too stupid to be true and there are just soo many questions...

I wish NISA would tell us all something lol. (something more I mean)

I bet hiring someone to kill him would have been cheaper than paying him D:
Just show someone the wiki article and they'd do it for free xD

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”