Cross Edge website

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
shadowflux1
Majin
Majin

Re: Cross Edge website

Postby shadowflux1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:15 pm

got the shot. whole page its on for that matter.
what total bs, this guy is full of himself. himself = crap
Lovebar made by Rarutos

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Varyag » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:10 am

DisgaeaBlitz wrote:Psssh, all they have to do is call it CrossEdge, thats one word so edge isn't in the title muahahahahaha :lol: :twisted:

But really how long has this guy been at it, he really is one of those people who sholdn't be alive :evil: D:

It won't help =) Namco's title Souledge was banned because 'edge" part of the word =)
This guy is really stupid... you know, up to last time I think, that most stupid person it the world is Uve Boll... but now I see, that freak's not alone...
Sorry for bad English, it's not my first language :))

~Proud Member of the JSFPS (Fate/Extra Squad)~

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:31 am

Varyag wrote:
DisgaeaBlitz wrote:Psssh, all they have to do is call it CrossEdge, thats one word so edge isn't in the title muahahahahaha :lol: :twisted:

But really how long has this guy been at it, he really is one of those people who sholdn't be alive :evil: D:

It won't help =) Namco's title Souledge was banned because 'edge" part of the word =)
This guy is really stupid... you know, up to last time I think, that most stupid person it the world is Uve Boll... but now I see, that freak's not alone...

I can't believe that having the word edge in a different word to make a new word, or even changing it to Edgy, which seemed to give that iphone app an issue, is really being taken seriously. Does this mean that he can stretch it as far as saying that he owns the rights to Edgeworth, PA or that the city now has to change it's name? Seriously people who are making these decisions! You need to get your head out of your ass and open up your eyes. So it's not just him that is pissing me off. It's a collective effort. Because if the copy-right board or whatever it is is letting this go then they are just as much to blame. Because without them, yes he would still be an ass, but then he wouldn't be causing these issues because they would be shutting him down.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:03 am

Exactly. I just can't see how any legal party involved, lawyers, judges, anyone- even the jury!!- can look at his case and think that it's legitimate and not absolutely balls-ass insane.
Solice: they should pay for my incompetence!
Kana: i didn't get this lazy just by sitting around and doing nothing!!!
Solice: "Uhh. Crotch in before 3pm. It's gonna be a good day!"

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:03 am

I think the problem is that, even if they do find the whole thing stupid and a huge violation of common sense, in the eyes of the law, mister Edge-boy here is right, No matter how stupid it is, you can't just go "no you're stupid" and dismiss it.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:21 am

They are stupid for letting him copy-write the word edge in the first place. And he may have the copy right on the word edge, but that shouldn't allow him to have all forms of the word. The word Edgy or CrossEdge is not the word Edge. Yes variation of the word, but not the word. Of course I don't know what his copy-write exactly looks like or what it states, but there should be no law that says a person has all rights to a word to the extent he is taking it. It's not even a word he created.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

DisgaeaBlitz
Majin
Majin

Postby DisgaeaBlitz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Varyag wrote:

Thats just outright stupid, first the fact that he owns edge, and then like bloodyaftertaste said CrossEdge is not edge... so could you copyright abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz? :shock:
I mean is there not some sort of law preventing the copyright of common words? There really should be. I'm mean if some one copyrighted 'dog' and then Nintendo makes Nintendogs, could they sue?
7a1d25

RedCoKid
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RedCoKid » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:44 am

DisgaeaBlitz wrote:I mean is there not some sort of law preventing the copyright of common words?

"Edge" in videogames, back when the industry was still small. There's a link to an article that someone posted earlier in this thread that gives some historical context.

Call your congressional representatives. (I may do this later, too, but am too busy the next few weeks.)

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:22 am

Man, this still pisses me off. How is that guy getting away with this
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:34 am

That's a mistery for us all, but I'm still glad that that didn't stop the game from being released.

ragnawind
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ragnawind » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:59 am

As far as I know, when a company copyrights a word for a game, they only get to sue another company for making a game with the same name if it is the exact same game. The copyright and trademark on the word is , legally, only when referring to the game that the word was copyright for. It can't legally be used to sue another company who makes a game of the same name or includes the word in the name, unless it is the same game with the same name. If that condition is not met, legally, no action can be taken to sue the other company. Also, when NISA licensed Cross Edge©, they licensed and trademarked Cross Edge© only for when referring to the game itself. When a game is licensed in America and then it is trademarked and copyrighted, it must go through a check to make sure it doesn't interfere with another trademark and copyright of the same name. If it does, it must be changed before it can be approved. If it was approved, nothing can be done to sue them, unless the company or person suing can give solid proof that they had the product officially copyrighted and trademarked before hand. Also, if Edge Games can prove that they had a game that was exactly what Cross Edge was, then they could claim it, but they didn't. Therefore, legally, they could not have sued NISA.

robeduriv
Majin
Majin

Postby robeduriv » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:54 am

Yeah ragnawind, that is the way I also understand how copyright names work. I just found out about this ridiculous news off of your feedback topic which I think is a good idea. That is the reason why the idiot tried to make his own Edge magazine to win the case but at least he still failed. Therefore, he should also come up with his own Cross Edge game to try to prove his point and I'm sure he'll fail at that as well.

Khaos67
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Khaos67 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:30 am

I have read through all of this, a bunch of other sites tonight about Edge, EA, and Edge magazine.

Here it is plain and simple NISA. You can counter-sue Edge. If you did not license Cross Edge through him, he is now illegaly imposing upon the game, NISA, NIS, as well as other developers of the game. This is illegal. In any form.

I have read people saying he is stupid and in the wrong, but what he has is solid (One post on the solid part). That is incorrect as well. Though I don't know what his Trademark on the Edge word entails, it is by no means legitimate enough to stop any form of media that is not replicating his own media from which he had copyrighted. You can in fact keep your website and game name. That statement above I read about it having to be an exact replication is true. You technically have dates of your proof of ownership on the Cross Edge name. This can be dated back the Japanese release. All you would have to do is apply for the copyright.

Seriously people, EA is being counter-sued theirselves for not getting a copyright on Mirrors Edge's title. Which is ridiculous. He has said he has received financial damages from their lawsuits and other misc avenues (The other miscellaneous damages was the money he didn't gain from winning against a giant corporation with the funds to bury him). He will lose this as well. He is small time and has no real amounts of large money to hire lawyers that can topple EA's corporate lawyers.

Though EA will win most to all cases and possibly even get his trademark removed, I don't see the reason of fear to be instilled by this guy when a new title of anything is launched that contains the word "Edge". His copyright papers would have to say in legalese "Any use of the word/name "Edge" in any form of media title, whether the derivative of the media released by Timonthy blah blah , or any form of containing the name/word Edge, is hereby owned and property of Timothy blah blah by ownership of the copyright for "Edge"."

That is plain and simple close enough to and a lot less words that the papers would have to read for him to sue everyone. Which I am pretty sure, it does not contain any of that, minus a reproduction of his media. On this note, if he was so frantic about the word, he would have sued Square-Enix when Final Fantasy II hit the market in NA. Since the Prince "Edge" contains his copyrighten word. Really, we all know he saw it, knows of it... he knows for a fact square-enix alone is a titan to take on. If not, moreso than EA.

This comes down to NISA letting us down in a way too. Not just the copyright offices, the courts, etc. NIS/NISA has made more than enough money and a name to take this peon on and demolish him theirselves. Though I hate saying this myself, since I own almost every game NIS/NISA has released, I blame every company who is large enough to battle this ass, but backs down... on fear of having to pay some money to the courts and a law team. NISA would win, just as EA is winning, just as Square-Enix would win if they were brought into this.

I really hope someone actually does get a copy of this copyright. I'd love to see it myself, since my mom has a masters in criminal and business law and my aunt works for a giant firm in Baltimore.

Let the legal teams have it. Bring back the Cross Edge site and game name. Forget this removing it from the net. You doing that says he is right, when he is not.

FarmerGiles
Peon
Peon

Postby FarmerGiles » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:55 am

Did anyone notice that at the bottom middle of http://www.edgegames.com/ it claims Cross Edge "under license from Edge Games".

Now we know this "under license" claim is completely false. Don't NIS legal want to kick this guy into next year?

I think someone should let NIS legal know about all of the evidence at http://chaosedge.wordpress.com/ which shows how Langdell keeps on misrepresenting the truth and creating false evidence. I think they should also look at the EA trademark case file http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=92051465&pty=CAN as well since it contains a lot of other evidence of Langdell's misrepresentations.

Khaos67
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Khaos67 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:58 am

OMFG he had a trademark on "edge" in two different circumstances and on "cutting edge"!

Least the cancellations are pending. They need to just remove them ASAP.

Also anyone who reads his trademark for "edge" at least one of them, there is no listing of him holding and retaining any rights on any video game title. Just "Posters about interactive entertainment". That is one of them, I don't see the other one posted. This is in "D's paper". Mind you, he is throwing this in court asap saying it didn't make it through the mail and he should have filed electronically. Which is amusing. EA throws a lawsuit then all of a sudden this alteration of paperwork apparently didn't make it to trademarks office before the suit lol.. but was good standing for when he filed suit.

Another question is this, what is Tim Langdell a Doctor of? Cause I would definitely never seek his medical advice.

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”