Dowloadble Content

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
gvmatt
New Vassal
New Vassal

Dowloadble Content

Postby gvmatt » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:24 am

The dlc for Cross E...(which shall not be named...lol) was removed from the Sony store front this last thursday...after contacting Sony they informed me that it was a decision from this company and that to have it put back up is at the mercy of this company...As there was no advance warning that the content was going to be removed and I was going to purchase said content this weekend. I was hoping that NIS would be willing to repost the content on the Sony Playstation store so that users like me may download the content and have it removed again with advance notice...it is unfair to your users to give no warning and removed content that we are willing to pay for espcially when many of the dlc enhance the game. I understand that you are under legal obligations for the production of the game but I believe this move was unfair to loyal customers as myself and the dlc that was offered to us. Thank you.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Dowloadble Content

Postby Ar Tonelico » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 am

Tell that to the guy at Edge Games. It's most likely his fault anyways. This whole fiasco started because of him anyways. I doubt NIS can be blamed for the DLC being taken off since they probably didn't even have a choice in the matter.

gvmatt
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby gvmatt » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:09 am

I realize that...just blowing steam at the whole thing...guy is a thorn in gaming community and development...despicable how people can abuse the system today for personal gain

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:44 am

Well if you knew that there was an issue with the game then I don't know how much warning you wanted since the issue has been stated a few months back. They left it on as long as they could it would seem. You shouldn't be mad at NISA, but more on the guy who owns Edge games.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Just figured this out after buying the game yesterday! :evil: I can't believe this happened, can't they just rename the dlc and re-release it? It really sucks!
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:43 am

Well this sucks, I was planning on getting the DLC soon too :( Although I knew about the whole ordeal I had no idea the DLC was going down too! Having copyright to a common word is just plain wrong and stupid :/ Heck, how the guy didn't go after Gamestop Edge cards, I'm surprised (even though now they are the Power Up Cards, so crisis averted there).

I wonder if there is some loop hole or way around it... Maybe purchause DLC expansion through a disk through the NIS Store? Or was the content things that were originaly on the disk?

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:11 am

I sure hope there's something NISA can do to get the content released. Can't they just officially change the name of the game? I'd buy a disc packed with the content if I had to. I was aware of the issue the game had with its name but never thought it would affect the dlc. I've been looking for the game for a while now and it's an insult on top of injury that dlc be removed without my notice only days before I actually get it... :cry:
Harvestasha!

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 am

Sheleigha wrote:Well this sucks, I was planning on getting the DLC soon too :( Although I knew about the whole ordeal I had no idea the DLC was going down too! Having copyright to a common word is just plain wrong and stupid :/ Heck, how the guy didn't go after Gamestop Edge cards, I'm surprised (even though now they are the Power Up Cards, so crisis averted there).

I wonder if there is some loop hole or way around it... Maybe purchause DLC expansion through a disk through the NIS Store? Or was the content things that were originaly on the disk?

Well considering that they weren't just the 100kb keys dlc and actually took some MBs of space except for some and the costumes took like around 200 or 300 MBs, so no.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:28 am

Sheleigha wrote:Well this sucks, I was planning on getting the DLC soon too :( Although I knew about the whole ordeal I had no idea the DLC was going down too! Having copyright to a common word is just plain wrong and stupid :/ Heck, how the guy didn't go after Gamestop Edge cards, I'm surprised (even though now they are the Power Up Cards, so crisis averted there).

I still need to trade my edge card in.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:00 am

Don't you have to wait until tomorrow to do that?
Harvestasha!

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:02 am

Eh idk. I know it was sometime this week or at least that's what the guy down in Mass told me when I was visiting a friend. Is it a nationwide switch? Idk if my gamestops up here are switching too. But I won't be in one for at least a few weeks so the date they start won't really affect me. But I still will need to get it done. If only they did this sooner.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:12 am

The GameStops down here are switching cards on Wednesday. I do wish they would have done this earlier, but there's still a few more game I would like to pick up so I'll have a chance to use it still.
Harvestasha!

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:20 am

I think my card expires in March and there is still Castlevania and Kirby Epic Yarn that I want to get. So that will be some points right there, but I don't know how many points will be needed in order to get stuff.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 am

Oh, Kirby's Epic Yarn, I still need to buy a Wii for that game...

Naturally video games cost a lot of money, so I imagine you'll need to spend quite a few to get points.
Harvestasha!

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:47 am

I made a topic for this as so we don't get too of track here. But I linked the site and it says how much points you get and such, but not really any mention of what these points get you.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”