Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Official Makai Kingdom discussion forum.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:46 am

Considering the rate at which side-characters show up in games, I wouldn't be surprised if she stuck around, really...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29
Spoiler:
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Rednal wrote:Considering the rate at which side-characters show up in games, I wouldn't be surprised if she stuck around, really...

At which point, as opposed to having a purpose, she would be being shoehorned in and all the humor would be stale and, well, she'd be kind of pointless.
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby syaondri » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:49 am

Um... if I may... wasn't the Prinny 2's Asagi War actually give the side story's "main character" role to her? for the least she got a main character role even though on a side story.

and on my opinion, the story... that is not a story of a random Side Story usually appearing on NIS games---which as far as I've seen, and note that I haven't seen all of the side story--- the story is.... EPIC dood really, that really brings me into manly tears dood, I swear.

Her Break Mode theme song is also great and yeah moving, I had it as my alarm on my phone :D

oh, and note Flonne's words too... if... you know what I meant ^^ (( I won't be telling spoilers dood, but let me tell you which Flonne's word I did refer to; ---Battleship, Asagi, main character, now )) I think that is one of the awesome words came up from the lovely love freak.

I also agree with everyone above me, Asagi should be better to be an eternal mascot of NIS games~
syaondri
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby mario_0345 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Actually even if Asagi got to be the main character you could easily have her come back. Simply have her enjoy the power that being a main character got her so much that she becomes addicted to it, and now has a need, not just a want, to be the main character, with other characters commenting on how her need to be the main character again is warping her sanity. after all her sanity is already warping, being the main character and losing it would finally be the straw that broke the camels back. After all not knowing what you've lost hurts, but having your dream finally granted only to lose it hurts a lot more.
mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby syaondri » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:22 pm

mario_0345 wrote:Actually even if Asagi got to be the main character you could easily have her come back. Simply have her enjoy the power that being a main character got her so much that she becomes addicted to it, and now has a need, not just a want, to be the main character, with other characters commenting on how her need to be the main character again is warping her sanity. after all her sanity is already warping, being the main character and losing it would finally be the straw that broke the camels back. After all not knowing what you've lost hurts, but having your dream finally granted only to lose it hurts a lot more.

Did you meant that once Asagi had her game she'll then be overexcited on being a main character. Thus, after her game finished, problem is that she still wanted to be a main character again?

Quite interesting if I say so.... but;
isn't that quite Laharl-ish?

oh and what about the Asagi War ending OAO...
syaondri
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Seventh » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:29 pm

mario_0345 wrote:Actually even if Asagi got to be the main character you could easily have her come back. Simply have her enjoy the power that being a main character got her so much that she becomes addicted to it, and now has a need, not just a want, to be the main character, with other characters commenting on how her need to be the main character again is warping her sanity. after all her sanity is already warping, being the main character and losing it would finally be the straw that broke the camels back. After all not knowing what you've lost hurts, but having your dream finally granted only to lose it hurts a lot more.

That's... rather over the top. And not in the good way that NIS is known for.

Really, what she is now is fine. She is not this tragic, insane heroine that needs a game. She's a mascot/in-joke, and she's a damn good one.
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Naska » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 am

Basicly what i thougth too but she could aswell have just dreamed the whole game... leaving choices to change her personality only sligthly if wanted.
Naska
Majin
Majin

Postby Prinnish » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:21 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/12/nippon-ichi-president-interview-continues-with-soul-nomad-vita-and-future-plans/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/01/our-fan-powered-interview-with-nis-americas-president-part-2/

tl;dr Makai Wars does exist... kinda. In NIS President Souhei Niikawa's brain. NIS already has a trademark for it, but it's probably not due for awhile.

So Asagi'll do her schtick as Eternal Next Main Character until it gets tired, have her day in the limelight, then fade into obscurity.

That being said, the dev team seems to like Asagi a lot, so I wouldn't count on Makai Wars for a long while.
Prinnish
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Dryicefox » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I say,I think this may be the most reasonable idea I have thought of this very hour!
Just like the first person said,but in the game some of the things overlap.And when she gets to the president of N1 she IS told she was the main character and then."Asagi...Asagi.Asagi!Honey she is waking up!"It turns out to be a dream and Asagi has been in a coma!
Asagi:"Who are you?" Asagi says in a night gown
Her Dad:"It is me your father.I cannot believe that you finally woke up!"
Asagi looks over to a doctor.
Asagi:What are you doing.
The doctor grips the plug and pulls it out. And from there it goes on. Leaving her with..."What happend to my game?"
Let's get Disgaea One for DLC on Disgaea Four!
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=741

Putties in the Netherworld? Oh boy!
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=800
Dryicefox
Vassal
Vassal

Postby dood » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:02 am

Dryicefox wrote:I say,I think this may be the most reasonable idea I have thought of this very hour!
Just like the first person said,but in the game some of the things overlap.And when she gets to the president of N1 she IS told she was the main character and then."Asagi...Asagi.Asagi!Honey she is waking up!"It turns out to be a dream and Asagi has been in a coma!
Asagi:"Who are you?" Asagi says in a night gown
Her Dad:"It is me your father.I cannot believe that you finally woke up!"
Asagi looks over to a doctor.
Asagi:What are you doing.
The doctor grips the plug and pulls it out. And from there it goes on. Leaving her with..."What happend to my game?"

It's okay but I would like something that has to do with Makai Kingdom and not something that has to do with her losing her own game.
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Tokiko » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:58 am

Personally, speaking as an Asagi Fan here, I don't think she should ever get her own game, shes supposed to be the character that is always trying to be the main character and aspiring to be the main character but she can never succeed in being one. It would just go against everything she stands for. Frankly I'm much happier seeing her getting cameos in games and little side things in Prinny games (though after Prinny 1 i still wonder how she was going to use that "Golden Ice Cream Sammich").

What i wouldnt mind seeing though is if she got a small spin off manga or something for like 1 book or even just got a running weekly comic on the site of just her random misadventures of trying to be a "Main Character". Heck even if it was just a 1 panel little comic in Prinny Bomb that would be pretty neat haha.

Overall though she just needs to stay the way she is and never get her own game, just wouldnt be true to her character if she did.
Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

PreviousNext

Return to Makai Kingdom