Anyone marathon this?

Official Toradora! Discussion Forum.
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Anyone marathon this?

Postby Daverost » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:23 am

Secret brag topic.

Yesterday I successfully started a tradition by marathoning the entire series on DVD, including all SOS specials and clean OPs/EDs, in a single day for the second year in a row.

I also watched the show on fansubs across two days the previous year after it finished airing. I've now seen the show for three years in a row, two of them having watched it all in a day, as will be done once a year from here on.

I'm probably the only person here that's that enthusiastic about the show, but anyone else marathoned it to some level of success?
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Anyone marathon this?

Postby Aphrah » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:29 am

A single day? Colour me impressed. xD

I saw the first 13 episodes yesterday and I'm about to start watching episode 14. I was also playing my PS3 at the same time. Multi-tasking for the win!

SjSharks182
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby SjSharks182 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:21 pm

I finished it in 2 days the first time, I believe during September of last year, and I marathoned it (w/ the SOS & clean OP/ED) in a day some time in June or July.

Tsk, you win....
"Can I pay my rent in fun?"

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:28 am

SjSharks182 wrote:I marathoned it (w/ the SOS & clean OP/ED) in a day some time in June or July.

^5
I never got my avatars.

JerichoDeath
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby JerichoDeath » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:40 am

I've marathoned this show... 3 - 4 times (3 times in a single day = that's three different days, one marathon per day). However, I haven't watched the SOS stuff yet.

Basically, every six months, or so, I get an overwhelming need to watch it. I tried to get my sister watching it too, but I failed.

SjSharks182
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby SjSharks182 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:57 am

My brother sat down to watch an episode about halfway through my marathon run. He only showed up to insult, and surprisingly, I remember he was quite clever. That's just our thing though; he didn't honestly criticize/attempt to watch it (Although slice of life isn't his thing).
"Can I pay my rent in fun?"

JerichoDeath
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby JerichoDeath » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:53 am

SjSharks182 wrote:My brother sat down to watch an episode about halfway through my marathon run. He only showed up to insult, and surprisingly, I remember he was quite clever. That's just our thing though; he didn't honestly criticize/attempt to watch it (Although slice of life isn't his thing).

My sis doesn't really watch slice of life either, though I got her to watch the entire Lucky Star series once.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:20 am

3 days for me is my best so far since I was watching other anime too during that time period.

kaamaru
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby kaamaru » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm planing to watch the show for my 6th time on the first of december :P. I once rewatched the show the day after finishing it. I normally watch about 6 episodes a day when I do watch it.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Didn't feel like I should start a new topic, even though this isn't really about marathoning.

However, I'm on my 3rd rewatch, I get through 4-5 episodes a sitting, maybe do it every week or so. It's kind of amazing how good the show was the first time, then how much more I gleaned from it the second time, and now the third time how I still am picking up on new things I didn't notice the first couple times. Also pretty crazy how I end up anticipating the next episode of Toradora (which is how I end up watching 4-5 in a row) more than continuing episodes of 90% of the new anime I've watched over the last 3 years.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Secret brag topic bump.

Today was the marathon day this year. Three years running on the single-day marathon, and I added in the OVA this year.

This show is still as amazing as it was when I watched it in 2009.
I never got my avatars.

killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby killer9i1994 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:08 pm

I marathon'd the whole show last Friday. It was my first time ever seeing it, and I absolutely loved it. Its become tied for my favorite anime. I'm planning on marathoning it again on Tuesday. I miss it so much already.

Memor-X
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Memor-X » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 pm

I could watch an entire series in 1 day if i didn't have work or didn't have anything else to do, insted, how my weekends work is

1) Morning Chores (What Good Game SP if it's a Saturday beforehand)
2) Watch 1 disk of an anime (at most 4 episodes)
3) Lunch
4) Console (Currently Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)
5) PC mixed with Tea (Currently Aoishiro and Skyrim)

i brought Toradora a year ago from Hanabee and obviously i brought NISA's Premium Edition however currently i'm watching Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu?

After that it's hard to decide, i want to watch Shakugan no Shana, Aria, Wagnaria!! or Toradora but by the time i finish Second Raid my import of Cardcaptor Sakura would be in and i never got to see the series properly when it was on TV (still think Tomoyo should be with Sakura since Li was an ass to Sakura from the start, and a Sakura x Li paring is in Clow anyway....also Yuuko just says "sweetheart", never said it was Li or a guy) and the import is more true to the original than the stupid US localization (relationships are unedited, Cero Beros become Cerberus).
Vivio: Yay, Feito-mama and Nanoha-mana made love, properly too this time
Nanoha: Vivio dear, what gives you that idea
Vivio: Aunty Hayate said you'd yell out like when i yell out replying "I'm Coming!" to you
Nanoha: Ha-ya-TEEEE!

ClaudeCKenni
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ClaudeCKenni » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:56 am

At the time when I watched this series, it was still being released weekly on Japan, so yeah, I didn't marathon this.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:07 pm

2014 marathon bump.

So I had seen the series five times prior to today. Today, I watched the dub for my marathon. And wow. It's super great. Really, really good. The casting was well done, the acting and direction were excellent, and the important scenes all had the right emotion in them. Super glad this show got dubbed with this level of quality.

If someone asked me if they should watch sub or dub for this show, I could safely recommend either.

My one complaint about the new set is that the DVD promos are on the first disc and cover the entire series worth of plot. Hopefully that doesn't spoil a first-timer.
I never got my avatars.

Return to “Toradora!”