Why do female japanese singers sing like Chipmunks?

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Why do female japanese singers sing like Chipmunks?

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:26 pm

When I watched Love Live Dubs, at no point during the series do the English voice actors do any kind of singing, not even brief acapella bits. Instead, I have to hear the Japanese Chippets from Alvin and the chipmunks do the singing. Why do the japanese sing and speak like chipmunks? It sounds weird and not like a normal human being.

As a fact in anything NISA has dubbed, English voice actors don't have any singing roles. Just about all dubbing studios seem to have the same practice of not allowing their voice actors to do any singing whatsoever. Even Funimation started it a year ago (Before that, I enjoyed Funimation dubbing singing and the English VA's doing the singing, but Funimation quietely and without notice, ditched that practice ever since licensing Love Live Sunshine for unknown reasons).

If The Idolmaster was to ever get a dub in the future, then the anime episodes won't be fully dubbed because of the number of songs in it.

I started this petition here: https://www.change.org/p/funimation-dub ... e-episodes , but I feel its not going to do anything (am I just wasting my time petitioning?)

Sorry about the insults above, but I'm frustrated in having to put up with it in dubs, since the companies just leave the existing vocals from japan, and do not do any singing over it regardless of language its sung in. And there is nothing I can do about it since companies will only do what they want, and not take my concerns seriously.

Tonya Neely
Peon
Peon

Re: Why do female japanese singers sing like Chipmunks?

Postby Tonya Neely » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:09 am

I think it can be very annoying but it`s female sounds which has the same tone of voice like Chipmunks
My life is an awkward visit from the kids table

Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:32 am

And how come it seems like the female Japanese Voice actors have chipmunk like voices, unlike American voice actors? Is it natural, are they born with it?

Its also ridiculous that those watching the dubs are forced to put up with those japanese singers, instead of the American voice actor doing his or her own singing.

There are some people who only would watch dubs, and probably want the songs dubbed (like me) because they don't speak Japanese, and they want it to be in a language they understand. How am I supposed to know the meaning of the song, or what they are singing about if I can't understand it?

I know in the late 90s till the early 2000's, there were more dubbed songs. It's as if the USA distributers forgot all about how to do it.

lensmall002
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby lensmall002 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:50 pm

And how come it seems like the female Japanese Voice actors have chipmunk like voices, unlike American voice actors? Is it natural, are they born with it?

Its also ridiculous that those watching the dubs are forced to put up with those japanese singers, instead of the American voice actor doing his or her own singing.

:D :D :D

แตกใน xxx

Return to “General Anime Chat”