Dragonball Series General Discussion - New Anime Announced!

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Dragonball Series General Discussion - New Anime Announced!

Postby Seventh » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:55 am

Since discussion of the anime keeps coming up in the game threads, I figure one of these is long overdue.

So have at it, folks! The English release of Battle of the Gods hits theaters in a month and we now have an ominous trailer for the upcoming 2015 movie, to start things off.

New anime announced!
Last edited by Seventh on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Dragonball General Discussion Thread

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 am

Is Kai Buu saga worth watching? Has it got to the good parts yet?

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:39 pm

Since no one really posts here, what do people say about gathering our heads and trying to figure out what are the power level/sentou ryoku of the guys during Cell and Buu's era?

And then proposing to all DBZ fansites and get smited for it.

I hardly ever hurt my brain when I use it. Reading the Tao Te Ching and figuring out DBZ's BP are two exceptions.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Well, people probably will want to talk as news of the game or movie comes up. As for your previous question, I wouldn't know - haven't touched Kai.

I imagine there are charts for those around, but I'm of the mind that power levels in most things are more plot dependent than anything else. :lol:

ArchfiendofPurinīi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ArchfiendofPurinīi » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:36 pm

The dbz kai version & its fans suck the very lime, it (they) so desperately seek. If you wanna watch the real raw & uncut version of the series, I suggest you look for the Original Japanese version of the episodes, which are A million times better and way more Superior anyways.

Spoiler:

#came 2 golden streams yall off :lol: & :twisted:
Haikyo-sha Purinii Buntai

neonie wrote: Everything about Ryouna just makes my pants tight.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:36 am

ArchfiendofPurinīi wrote:The dbz kai version & its fans suck the very Lime, it (they) so desperately seek. If you wanna watch the real raw & uncut version of the series, I suggest you look for the Original Japanese version of the episodes, which are A million times better and way more Superior anyways.

Spoiler:

#came 2 piss yall off :lol: & :twisted:

While I know a lot of people are just trying to rile other people up, it's probably not a good idea to outright state that you're doing so. That sort of behavior is not the sort of behavior that's wanted for this forum. Please try and play nice.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

ArchfiendofPurinīi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ArchfiendofPurinīi » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:37 am

wakatta

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:54 pm

I'm going to make a fanmade battle power list I can call my own...later...

I'll be back.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Well, Battle of (the) Gods airs in theaters in a few days! Anyone else checking it out?

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:37 pm

I've seen it already! :o

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:I've seen it already! :o

So have I!

But now I'll see it again. :D

ArchfiendofPurinīi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ArchfiendofPurinīi » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Seventh wrote:
Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:I've seen it already! :o

So have I!

But now I'll see it again. :D

seen it already
Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:I'm going to make a fanmade battle power list I can call my own...later...

I'll be back.

Show it to us too dood :ugeek:

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 pm

just saw battle of the gods earlier tonite and it was so so because the fighting let alot to be desired although there were alot of nice fanservice for both dragon ball and dragonball z fans

btw, the theater was packed with people both young and "old".i was thinking to myself how many otakus are out there :lol:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 am

Randomly, was "Welcome Back Son Goku!" (The thing with Tarble) ever dubbed or released in English?

My brother is showing an interest after seeing the (amazing) movie last week and I'd like to show it to him somehow.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:56 am

Apparently it wasn't. Maybe it'll get a release with Battle of Gods?

Anyway, something hit me about Battle of Gods earlier, and it's a cross between a theory and a plot hole, but either way it's got spoilers, so read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
There was never originally going to be a Super Saiyan God. Sort of.

Okay, let me rephrase that.

The Earth was supposed to be destroyed due to this premonition.

Wait, no, still wrong. One more time.

Trunks is going to die horribly in a few years in his timeline, unless I'm right.

Think about it. If Vegeta met Beerus in the past (in his CHILDHOOD even), that means that Beerus is thus a character who existed before any timeline shenanigans started when Trunks traveled back in time to warn people about the Androids. Therefore, Beerus would thus be a character that exists in Trunks' timeline as well, meaning that eventually, he'll wake up, seek out a Super Saiyan God, and probably destroy the Earth due to Trunks not taking particularly well to this sort of thing - and due to the fact that he wouldn't have warning that they were coming like Vegeta did, since he would be probably be the first stop they make (whereas in the movie, Goku was, allowing King Kai to warn Vegeta they were coming).

Looking at it like this, it's a plot hole because, as the movie presented it, Beerus' premonition/dream came true and the Super Saiyan God did exist as he predicted... but he predicted it all happened BEFORE Trunks went back in time. meaning that, as I said, the premonition could have never come true originally. So he should be waking up in Trunks' timeline and wreak all kinds of havoc there sooner or later. Or just blow the place up. Or ignore it and go find Tarble. One of these things.

However, this is looking at it from the perspective that Beerus is a being that exists on the same plane as our cast. Now, in some respects, it makes sense to think that he does - after all, the Kais seem to, right?

But wait! What about the line at the end of the movie? About there being twelve universes?

What if this was more than a sequel hook? What if this was more than a "there's even more out there" ending?

What if this was a very very subtle thrown out there way to "save" Trunks?

Think about it! If we assume that Trunks' universe is one of the alternate dimensions that Beerus was referring to, then what if, and this is just a crazy theory, the god of destruction in that universe is someone else entirely? Being an "alternate dimension," what if Trunks never actually caused a rift in the timeline at all? What if he just "traveled back in time," but actually just traveled to a dimension that was already there, being ruled over by another god of destruction?

By saying that there are alternate dimensions out there with people other than Beerus, you can infer that, if Trunks' timeline is one of said dimensions, his dimension's Earth won't eventually get run down by a god of destruction down the road the same way this one almost was. So in that respect, this line could have been put there not only for the obvious reasons, but for people who think too much and would realize Trunks would be in deep down the road.

... Or I'm just thinking too much period! :lol: Still, fun to think about, right?

Return to “General Anime Chat”