Fall 2015 General Discussion

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Fall 2015 General Discussion

Postby myskaros » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Summer 2015 is winding down, so onward we look to Fall 2015. I honestly have no idea what comes out this season, so good thing these charts do!

http://anichart.net/fall
http://neregate.com/blog/2015/07/30/fall-2015-anime/
https://www.livechart.me/fall-2015/tv
http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Fall 2015 General Discussion

Postby myskaros » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Well, here's my for-sure list. Not sure how much else I'll pick up, since I'm also watching a number of American shows and getting back into Magic, so might not have as much time for anime :O

Heavy Object
The Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Is the order a rabbit? 2
Haikyuu 2
K: Return of Kings
Noragami 2
Owarimonogatari

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Only shows that I have any immediate interest in are:

"Heavy Object" - I remember reading the cash-in manga for it. I was interested in the premise but didn't really have much else to go off of so I'm definitely interested to actually get to know the overall series more. Besides, it's in the upcoming "Dengeki Bunko" game (the rerelease "Ignition" anyway) so this is a good change to get to know it better.

"Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets-Sareta Ken" - I've been keeping up with the manga. I actually really like this one. I rather enjoyed the comedy and overall cuteness of it all. Though, as always, it has its fair share of sexual fanservice so I'm worried about how it's going to be adapted.

"Fafner in the Azure: Exodus 2" - Saw the original and wanted more. Though I still need to catch up on some of the side material.

"Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen" - Watched the original anime and even played the VN. This being a sequel to something I really enjoyed, of course I'm going to pick it up.

I still need to actually read up on some of the other shows airing but those are mostly it for now.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:36 am

- Full-length shows -

Must watch:
Gochuumon Season 2: First season was fantastic, so high hopes for season 2!
Hidan no Aria AA: Never really cared for the original, but this spinoff manga has my attention far more (for obvious reasons >.>)
Shingeki Kyoujin Chuugakkou: I found the original incredibly boring. This looks to inject loads of fun into what was a dry and repetitive mess (for me. I understand that for others it was enjoyable, I'm just not into the Shounen thing really)
Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid: I mean, you just watch the PV and it's obvious why i'm excited xD
Yuru Yuri San Hai: I mean, do I need to even explain this one? :lol:

Interested:
Gakuen Toshi Asterisk: Looks 100% harem setup, but the magic school or whatever anime turned out much more likable than I thought it would, so I'll give this a chance
Subete ga F ni Naru: mystery I like. So, i'll give it a chance

Maybe:
Aquarion Logos: Had a great start, still not caught up, but is getting really angsty and losing the comical charm it had. So, not sure if I'll be watching the second cour or not.

- Shorts -
Must Watch:
Anitore! EX: Cute girls, nuff said
Fushigi na Somera-chan: The show this is a spinoff of was pretty great, and I've actaully skimmed this manga some, so I'm definitely interested
JK Meshi: Cooking and cute girls!
Kowabon: Rotoscope horror sounds incredibly appealing to myself~
Miss Monochrome 3: Watched the first 2 and enjoyed, so no reason to stop now
Teekyuu 6: Been watching for 5 seasons, why stop now?

Interested:
Kagewani: Mystery, seems intriguing

And that would be the list
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:22 am

Wow, feels kinda weird being here.
I guess I'll be starting to come here as I just started to ease my way into some anime(not game-related as I've watched the Hyperdimension Neptunia and Senran Kagura animes). Those who know me even a little know what kinda series I would be into. :lol:

Liked Yuru Yuri, Strike Witches, K-On, Non Non Biyori, Kinori Mosaic, Is the order a rabbit, A-Channel, and Symphogear though I only just started watching most of them and have a lot of catching up to do.

Looking forward to Yuru Yuri San Hai and Is the order a rabbit s2 in October.
I'll provably need to catch up on both seasons of Strike Witches/OVAs/movie before going into season 3, but it'll happen eventually. :D
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:24 am

kosmos wrote:I'll provably need to catch up on both seasons of Strike Witches/OVAs/movie before going into season 3, but it'll happen eventually.

Well, season 3 still doesn't have an airing date, so you're pretty good for now. Also, make sure to watch season 1 > Season 2 > Operation Victory Arrow OVAs > Movie
In that exact order.
kosmos wrote:Wow, feels kinda weird being here.
I guess I'll be starting to come here as I just started to ease my way into some anime(not game-related as I've watched the Hyperdimension Neptunia and Senran Kagura animes). Those who know me even a little know what kinda series I would be into. :lol:

And welcome to General Anime~ :mrgreen:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:02 am

Watching:

Gakuen Toshi Asterisk/Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan: There is no meaningful difference between those shows and we all know it. But still. XD
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??: I do enjoy my slice-of-life!
Heavy Object: I've enjoyed the others other works.
Hidan no Aria AA: I wasn't expecting this season to happen. XD
One Punch Man: Probably going to be my favorite show of this season.
Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha Burst: Yup.
Shomin Sample: It's a comedy.
Yuru Yuri San☆Hai!: NISA's probably going to release this one, too... and I'm okay with that.

Maybe:

Comet Lucifer
Concrete Revolutio
Lance N' Masques
Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:27 pm

vampko wrote:
kosmos wrote:I'll provably need to catch up on both seasons of Strike Witches/OVAs/movie before going into season 3, but it'll happen eventually.

Well, season 3 still doesn't have an airing date, so you're pretty good for now. Also, make sure to watch season 1 > Season 2 > Operation Victory Arrow OVAs > Movie
In that exact order.
kosmos wrote:Wow, feels kinda weird being here.

And welcome to General Anime~ :mrgreen:

Thanks. Will do.
Looking forward to it.
Spoiler:

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Watched Lance 'n Masques:

Good. Really enjoyed it. Really adorable and sweet so far.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:21 pm

*Watches half of Lance 'n Masques*

*Has unpleasant Isuca flashbacks*

v.v

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Lance was surprisingly solid. I wasn't originally interested enough to give it a shot, but since there's nothing else for me to watch today I figured why not. Nice to not be a high school setting, and the setting is pretty straightforward, which is a nice change of pace. Yes, there's some kind of vague mystery, but it's not constantly paraded in front of you or the characters.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:51 pm

If the protagonist moves past his whiny "I just want to be normal stage!", I think I could enjoy Lance. Otherwise... nope. XD;

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:29 am

The only way I can describe Lance and Masques at the moment is awful and cute.
I like the character designs and i'm looking forward to seeing more of everyone that isn't the main protagonist. The WKS and the "I want to be normal!" thing just feels like it'll get old pretty fast.

killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby killer9i1994 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:53 pm

Noragami Aragoto got off to a great start. I missed this show so much.

Heavy Object was pretty cool also. I've been meaning to read the light novels at some point since they're written by Kamachi, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I really like the "princess" Milinda. It'd be better if it didn't have all the pointless ecchi, but oh well. J.C. Staff did the same thing with the To Aru series, so I'm not surprised.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Asterisk War looks alright, pretty much a run of the mill action/romance light novel anime adaptation that I have come to expect just about every season. I like how the main heroine at least doesn't seem completely unreasonable, although I have to admit the excessively violent tsundere main heroine character arch-type is getting pretty boring.

Speaking of things that are starting to get old...Heavy Object reminded me of that one episode from Isuca. :P
Seriously though, I think it might turn out to be one of my favorites, mostly just from being by both the same author and studio as Magical Index.

No idea why exactly, but K Return of Kings has been my most anticipated anime this season, and i'm really liking what I saw in the first episode. :D

Return to “General Anime Chat”