Fall 2015 General Discussion

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: Fall 2015 General Discussion

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:41 am

The new Gundam series is pretty interesting so far. Way too many characters with horrible pacing, but hey, it's Gundam.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby killer9i1994 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:37 pm

Seraph of the End has been good all season, but episode 11 has definitely been the highlight of the season so far.
Spoiler:
Guren when he's possessed, or rather his "other personality" is pretty damn awesome. Many things were revealed this episode, as well, but it only served to produce more questions. All in all, a very interesting and entertaining episode.

redsilversnake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby redsilversnake » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:45 pm

killer9i1994 wrote:Seraph of the End has been good all season, but episode 11 has definitely been the highlight of the season so far.
Spoiler:
Guren when he's possessed, or rather his "other personality" is pretty damn awesome. Many things were revealed this episode, as well, but it only served to produce more questions. All in all, a very interesting and entertaining episode.

Please stop, it's too late at night for jokes like this, I can't sleep if I'm laughing this much.
Some people just need to learn that their opinions are wrong

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:48 pm

lol This is why I usually prevent myself from watching the current season of an anime I like as a buffer.
Now that Yuru Yuri San Hai! is over, I find myself rather sad at the fact that it's done.
The fact that any season could be the last is also depressing.
Gonna start doing clandestine rituals and strange offerings to enigmatic deities hoping for a 4th season. :D
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:23 am

kosmos wrote:lol This is why I usually prevent myself from watching the current season of an anime I like as a buffer.
Now that Yuru Yuri San Hai! is over, I find myself rather sad at the fact that it's done.
The fact that any season could be the last is also depressing.
Gonna start doing clandestine rituals and strange offerings to enigmatic deities hoping for a 4th season. :D

:lol:

Anyway, considering how well its BDs usually sell, I'm sure a fourth season is a given. Just gotta wait for more manga material maybe? Volume 14 is just now going up for pre-order. There were many chapters from 13, 12, 11, and below that were used in this season.

But yeah, i know the feeling. There's an emptiness when something that amazing ends...
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:11 pm

vampko wrote: :lol:

Anyway, considering how well its BDs usually sell, I'm sure a fourth season is a given. Just gotta wait for more manga material maybe? Volume 14 is just now going up for pre-order. There were many chapters from 13, 12, 11, and below that were used in this season.

But yeah, i know the feeling. There's an emptiness when something that amazing ends...

Well enough for a 4th and 5th simultaneous season announcement? :D
My monday routine will be all whacked now.
Anyways, thats somewhat of a relief. There's just so many incomplete(?) 1 or 2 season animes that you just can't get greedy. :)
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Well, this season finished with more decent endings than I was expecting. XD

Well, OPM's was never really in doubt, but I was pretty iffy on the rest. On to next season!
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Well, the season is pretty much over with many series ending so some thoughts of the shows I've watched.

"Fafner in the Azure: Exodus" - Probably my favorite show of this season, even though it is a carryover from the last. Overall a somewhat depressing mecha show but with some interesting albeit confusing concepts.

"Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen" - As someone who enjoyed the original, even went through the VN, I'm definitely enjoying this. My only problem is the pacing. I'm enjoying the characters and their antics but the series is taking much to long to get rolling. I don't doubt that things really will go down eventually and that maybe the focus is currently on just trying to introduce all of the characters, and some of their characterization, before getting to that point but its really taking its sweet time.

"Gundam IBO" - I'm kind of lukewarm for the most part. It's another "Gundam" entry and it tackled many of the same tropes that the previous "Gundam" series have. It's standard for the most part. Probably what interests me the most is that it forgoes two staples of the series. There are no beam weaponry of any kind so combat come off more crude and brutal with units getting smashed and pilots getting crushed in their own cockpits. The other is the fact that the titular Gundams are actually outdated, outside of their specialized engines and armor. The main one even missing weaponry and chunks of its armor. Gundams tend to be the height of whatever technology there is, or even leagues past that, but this time around they are relics of the past. It's just an interesting subversion. The only complaint I really have is that I feel like the main cast are too lucky most of the time and just conveniently have stuff go their way, sometimes to a ridiculously degree. Aside from that, I am definitely enjoying it.

"Heavy Object" - This series really seems to be getting a lot of flak, at least from what I've seen. Regardless, I'm enjoying this one as well. It has some problems, a lot of the sexual fanservice really seems forced at times for example, but I think it'does more good than bad. I will say it's interesting to see the more Western concepts of mecha, basically giant overpowered tanks, getting used this time around and how the world has formed around the use of them. Not to mention the antics between the main cast was something I found rather amusing. Nothing special, but nothing terrible either.

"Shomin Sample" - Unlike the previous entry where no one seems to like it, this one just doesn't seem to get discussed much at all. Can't say I'm all that surprised. While I did enjoy it, having read the manga adaptation as well, it's obvious that this was more on the cheap side of things. At some points, that cheapness in the animation is really apparent and the pacing is not that great. Overall, a simple laid back show that can offer some laughs.

"Aquarion Logos" - Probably my least liked show of the season. It's the third entry to the "Aquarion" series but it decided to go it's separate way and be unrelated to the previous two seasons. And all I can say is that this really went downhill. The concept seemed interesting, where words have the power to influence the world and the characters form attacks by arranging kanji together, but the execution was a mess. From the characters, the action, the story, and so on...it was just all rather dull and even inconsistent at times, especially one of the antagonists. Even worse, and maybe it's just me, but it feels like it was outright spitting on the previous two "Aquarion" series at times despite also taking the namesake. I guess I can say this was my disappointment of the season.

"Valkyrie Drive Mermaid" - I only saw the first episode and that was all I could take. I don't know if it got any better but that first episode was just awful for me. I'd like to hear from others if this show actually got any better or not since I still want to give it another chance.

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:53 pm

If you didn't like the first episode of mermaid it won't get any better, I enjoyed it for what it is though. I liked the fight scenes, they were really beautiful.
Meteor Breaker!

pro100pk2
Vassal
Vassal

Postby pro100pk2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:55 am

I have not watched
Let's see :twisted:

Return to “General Anime Chat”