What are you currently watching?

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: What are you currently watching?

Postby G3n3raL86 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:18 am

Das Ende fur Elfen Lied. Beautiful story and really touching, i almost cried a couple of times.

I really liked the many themes of it and i can relate with many of them, e.g. true friends who aren't here anymore, warmth, betrayal and other... Damn and i thought i was happy. Well i am, but i miss some of these things...

Now, i might as well begin watching Assasination Classroom.
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:32 am

Yes, so sorry I like an actual human being (Slaine) over the fucking robotic plot-device (Inaho).

God forbid I actually like the one character with any sort of development or arc that isn't "I have a magic left eye that solves all my problems now" or "I used to dislike X group of people but now I don't as much maybe".
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:38 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:Yes, so sorry I like an actual human being (Slaine) over the fucking robotic plot-device (Inaho).

God forbid I actually like the one character with any sort of development or arc that isn't "I have a magic left eye that solves all my problems now" or "I used to dislike X group of people but now I don't as much maybe".

*Reels in*
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:58 pm

neonie wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:Yes, so sorry I like an actual human being (Slaine) over the fucking robotic plot-device (Inaho).

*Reels in*

You caught me!
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

ivanchu77
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ivanchu77 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Watched Sega hard girls motivated by the fact they are having a crossover with neptunia soon.

Definetly a must watch for any old school gamer from the 90's or/and sega fans, really loved the geeky humor and references it had, plus it was really charming and cute anime, really liked it :D

And maybe it's just me but i found the ending to be....bittersweet at best,

Spoiler:
Turning into inanimate objects and the fact all of them except megadrive had a tragic and failed commercial life

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Finished watching "Dai-Shogun - Great Revolution". It was okay for the most part but the ending really blew. I'd like to blame the fact that the series faffed about during the middle of the run instead of getting the plot moving sooner but even if it was a rushed ending, I don't think it would have been that off. It just kind of ended in this strange anti-climatic "I beat the villain, but not really" note. At least it had some decent ideas and characters, it was just all underutilized.

Started and finished up to Episode 12 of "Gundam 00". So far, I'm enjoying it. Lots of politics going on. This is another series I had experienced in a "Super Robot Taisen" game so it's nice actually understanding what the heck is going on and why.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Just like how I did with my first time seeing Nichijou in full, I marathoned Daily Lives Of Highschool Boys.

And I got mostly the same experience except it felt more like an actual satire on many overused anime tropes. Like the tropes you like are idiotic and degenerated. And this show constantly needs to remind you of that. And it was funny as hell. It's the only anime that I've seen that is geared towards a cast of guys that isn't as much Yaoi material, and still maintains a funny cast of females too. Though they lack as much screen time. And they are also portrayed as a satire. Mainly IMO on overly Dellusional images of female characters. Whether it be through the eyes of people who always think they're amazing no matter what, or the high school boys who view them due to prior bullying as monsters. And some of em really are.

Favorite females would probably be Habara and Yassan (the literary girl). As far as males go, my favorites were Hidenori Tabata and Toshiyuki Karasawa. Hidenori is really out there, if you catch my drift, and Toshiyuki isn't above taking revenge on borderline Feminazi female characters for a past transgression. Not that he actively seeks it. But if given the chance, Toshiyuki will try a Kinniku Buster on them. He's a rare guy who actually seems like he has some non semi castrated testicles.

The other male characters were all good to me. The female student council president was kind of bland and really annoying. Always trying to one up some guy and having an overzealous imagination of some false superiority.

Overall, this is probably the most realistic slice of life I've seen that doesn't lose all interest by giving a decent amount of comedy. Most I've seen are just about cute girls doing cute things with just... Either unimaginative humor or lacking all things but a massive dose of LSD. Nichijou to me is a great example of one as well that makes me happy to live. Mostly because the choice in music and the characters interactions mixed in. Daily Lives Of Highschool Boys just gave me that and a more genuine satire feel. Just not as fast paced and outrageous. So a more intellectual feel but still retarded at times. But that's why it's there. To remind me why it's retarded to see those things in other anime played up the amount of times they are.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:05 am

DragonKingKaiser wrote:Just like how I did with my first time seeing Nichijou in full, I marathoned Daily Lives Of Highschool Boys.

If I enjoyed both, what else would you recommend?

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:14 am

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:Just like how I did with my first time seeing Nichijou in full, I marathoned Daily Lives Of Highschool Boys.

If I enjoyed both, what else would you recommend?

Hmm... I think as far as comedy goes those two are the only ones I would straight up recommend without a doubt. And as far as comedy goes, the most recent anime from this year IIRC that I would possibly recommend to someone with an open mind would be saenai heroine no sodatekata. IMO it's a satire of its own genre to a degree. Not on the same level as Daily Lives. But it pokes fun at its own genre a bit. And it's one of those where I have no problem with any of the main cast. As in most are good enough to me. With maybe one having a typical tsundered trait. She's not the prime example of tsundere overtone though like Louise from Zero No Tsukaima.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Trying to finish DRRR! since I haven't watched it in months
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:44 pm

I was in the middle of Nichijou when Crunchyroll took it down. DX I don't suppose anyone else has it?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:17 pm

Rednal wrote:I was in the middle of Nichijou when Crunchyroll took it down. DX I don't suppose anyone else has it?

PMed you
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:33 pm

neonie beat me to it
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Rednal wrote:I was in the middle of Nichijou when Crunchyroll took it down. DX I don't suppose anyone else has it?

Nope. No one.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:58 pm

What's up with crunchyroll taking it down?

Return to “General Anime Chat”