What are you currently watching?

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: What are you currently watching?

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:I think I might be the only person on the planet who likes Dragon Maid but doesn't like KonoSuba. It's not bad at all, just average for me.

Don't worry, after spending some time on Gematsu's various Open Forum and the Anime Board at GameFAQs this current season, you are far from the only person who thinks as such, even if it isn't that numerous of an opinion. Considering both are comedies which focus on different material/genres, it's not really all that surprising.

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:44 am

Prinny Supervisor wrote:I think I might be the only person on the planet who likes Dragon Maid but doesn't like KonoSuba. It's not bad at all, just average for me.

You are not alone, but to be fair...
The reasons I can't get into KonoSuba are laughably predictable, so my opinion is pretty ignorable. :lol:
Spoiler:

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:29 pm

kosmos wrote:The reasons I can't get into KonoSuba are laughably predictable, so my opinion is pretty ignorable. :lol:

Is it the anime tiddies?
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
kosmos wrote:The reasons I can't get into KonoSuba are laughably predictable, so my opinion is pretty ignorable. :lol:

Is it the anime tiddies?

Doubt it since I have them all over my sig. :lol:

Don't take this too seriously...
Spoiler:
It's the dude.
Spoiler:

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:14 pm

kosmos wrote:Don't take this too seriously...
Spoiler:
It's the dude.

Ah, I see. I just can't really get into the humor. It's not that funny to me, I dunno.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
neonie wrote:KonoSuba.

I think I might be the only person on the planet who likes Dragon Maid but doesn't like KonoSuba. It's not bad at all, just average for me.

Nah, I have a friend who also feels quite similarly to you on it, judging by their comments on it.

On the other hand, Dragon Maid has kind of lost since I made that post, as it's taken to basically ruining every moment between Kanna and Riko with a meme face.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:17 pm

I know this isn't anime-related, but I just (FINALLY) finished watching a Longplay of Skies of Arcadia Legends (for GameCube). It only took me all month to watch all 11 3-plus-hour videos because I kept procrastinating...

It truly is an epic game. I would love to have a copy of it myself were it not for used copies going for $80... But the Longplay was satisfactory, I found three interesting creatures to assimilate, an excellent new world to visit in my stories, and everything I need to know to develop an HOC based off the realm of the game.

It was quite enjoyable. 8-)
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:33 pm

And now for something that IS Anime related...

Actually, a full report. For probably the past three or four months I've not been watching any anime. Mostly just YouTube Videos of video game TAS Runs and Longplays. I had lost all interest in Anime... And recently, I figured out why. I'd improperly set up my Queue to have a whole bunch of Dramadies all in a row, and I'd quickly gotten sick of the exact same premise and exact same stupid jokes being used consistently throughout each one. This week, I finally broke that trend. At the end of the line of those dramadies, was a series of adventures. Much more interesting stuff is to come now, and today I just finished the first of them.

Today I finished watching Arpeggio of Blue Steel. Now THIS was an excellent show. I appreciated it having a COMPETENT male lead, a solid story taking place, very interesting characters, and you can't go wrong with naval combat. Best of all, I found an excellent new addition to my Entourage: Haruna, Fast Battleship of the Fleet of Fog. She's the yellow one with the humongous overcoat. I can easily say though that I came to like Kongou by the end there, too...

Up next, is RWBY. This one will take longer than three days to get through...
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Redhorse » Fri May 12, 2017 8:51 am

I have time to watch anime again!! Exciting.

First, I watched Mob Psycho 100. It was so good, I actually watched it twice. Apparently this is the same person who makes One Punch Man? This is better than that, but I can see the resemblance in how they both feature a non-standard portrayal of an overpowered main character. The theme of Mob's powers not being special, in that they aren't all that useful to him personally and also don't suddenly make him responsible for becoming some sort of chosen one who has to fight adults to the death, is just really refreshing. Other than maybe Kamichu!, I can't easily think of any other anime where this was the case. I also enjoyed Reigen being able to basically bullshit his way out of any problem - while surprisingly still being a good mentor to Mob (the anime seemed to flip back and forth on whether he was secretly an esper all along or whether he really cared about Mob all the way up until the end; it had me on pins and needles). And not in the typical way where he trains Mob on how to use his powers (since he doesn't seem to know the first thing about them), but just being someone Mob can go to about anything that's bothering him.
I just! Really liked! This show! Holy cow!!!

Now I'm watching Beyond the Boundary. So far the show is hilarious, not just because it's funny, but because of how things happen you wouldn't expect or how the characters under/overreact. Like, that opening scene for example. Wow. Uh. Sure got my attention! It reminds me of The Devil is a Part Timer.

raspberrylicious
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby raspberrylicious » Mon May 15, 2017 10:15 am

Just finished Chaos;Child and Occultic;Nine.......Meh.
Anime List | Visual Novel List | 3DS FC: 3781-0258-9209 | Miiverse: raspbear

Return to “General Anime Chat”