No Sound!

Official Atelier Rorona discussion board
ninina
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

No Sound!

Postby ninina » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:59 pm

My disk just came and the game seems to have no sound at all. I've tried other games and messing with system settings and nothing seems to work. Anyone else have this problem? I'm using HDMI for video and sound. The video is also not widescreen which is a bit weird as well. *Cry* so much waiting and wanting...but now it is sitting in front of me but non-working...truly a fate worse then death.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: No Sound!

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:47 pm

ninina wrote:My disk just came and the game seems to have no sound at all. I've tried other games and messing with system settings and nothing seems to work. Anyone else have this problem? I'm using HDMI for video and sound. The video is also not widescreen which is a bit weird as well. *Cry* so much waiting and wanting...but now it is sitting in front of me but non-working...truly a fate worse then death.

So your PS3 is not outputting audio at all? Even with other games?
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Yeah, is it just Rorona, or all games that have no sound for you?
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:22 pm

This can happen on PS3. Try like either unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in(which will have you reset the picture resolution) or even just go to Audio Settings on your PS3 and just let it detect the audio automatically.

ninina
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby ninina » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:23 pm

Sorry, I was a little sleepy and wasn't clear. It is only Rorona. TriUni has sound just fine as does the XMB. I switched HDMI ports as well and that didn't help...I'm thinking of down grading the output to component but why won't the game handle high HDMI output. It makes no sense to me T_T...

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:31 pm

ninina wrote:Sorry, I was a little sleepy and wasn't clear. It is only Rorona. TriUni has sound just fine as does the XMB. I switched HDMI ports as well and that didn't help...I'm thinking of down grading the output to component but why won't the game handle high HDMI output. It makes no sense to me T_T...

you might have defective media. you should contact NISA directly by phone or e-mail immediately and ask them about it. Posting on this forum is not the quickest way to get an answer. I would try their phone service first, since it seems like a problem which you might need to troubleshoot.

And don't worry about it. I was pretty sure it was only Rorona, I just wanted to make sure.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

ninina
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby ninina » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Well I fixed it totally on a fluke, but I thought I should record the solution I found for those who come after me. I was thinking that maybe Rorona doesn't like HDMI, so I told it that I was actually connected via component sound. Then I enabled multi-output so that it would replicate the 2ch version of the sound on all the other buses. This worked, no changes of wires and only a slight loss of sound quality over what it would theoretically be. Also you can force Rorona to 1080p if you disable all other output formats in the video settings, I didn't notice much improvement in video quality over the 720p which looks really good anyway. I hope this is helpful to future people.

PS I'm still going to contact them as this is nothing more then a Hack to get it working, but atleast I have some cake right?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:59 am

ninina wrote:Well I fixed it totally on a fluke, but I thought I should record the solution I found for those who come after me. I was thinking that maybe Rorona doesn't like HDMI, so I told it that I was actually connected via component sound. Then I enabled multi-output so that it would replicate the 2ch version of the sound on all the other buses. This worked, no changes of wires and only a slight loss of sound quality over what it would theoretically be. Also you can force Rorona to 1080p if you disable all other output formats in the video settings, I didn't notice much improvement in video quality over the 720p which looks really good anyway. I hope this is helpful to future people.

PS I'm still going to contact them as this is nothing more then a Hack to get it working, but atleast I have some cake right?

You mean 'pie' ;)
Spoiler:

ninina
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby ninina » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Yes pie...lots of delicious pie. Maybe I should make a real pie...alas I'd have to use baking as Alchemy is not one of my many skills T_T.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:07 pm

ninina wrote:Yes pie...lots of delicious pie. Maybe I should make a real pie...alas I'd have to use baking as Alchemy is not one of my many skills T_T.

Alchemy is EASY. You just take a bunch of ingredients that you gather from monster-infested...maybe it's not so easy :?
Spoiler:

Return to “Atelier Rorona”