Problems with Steam Version

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Problems with Steam Version

Postby Dustrega » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks Houk, it is appreciated how you and the rest of the mods have listened to us.

servant
Majin
Majin

Postby servant » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 am

Houk wrote:I'll start looking at the issues people are having here and in our support cases and try to compile a list of issues to send to Japan. Unfortunately, since we don't have any tech staff or ability to test the game on individual hardware setups, we're gonna have to rely on the Japanese devs to look into things, which will likely increase the delay in response time.

What if Nisa made it's own tech team dedicated to porting and localizing bugs...maybe more.
Just thinking that this might help if Nis/a plans on getting big in the PC scene. This could help since unlike consoles, PCs aren't really uniform in build so bugs and updates are going to become common topics for nisa's crew. But I can't say I know anything about what goes on behind the scenes, so maybe I'm totally off...just thought this would help with the speed problem.
PSN: TAZiO_SLP4HRS
3DS: 4639 9084 6875
PM me if you add me.
For the senators to decide:
Another Disgaea: http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7503
Anybody like AR cards?
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=727&error=comok

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:47 am

servant wrote:
Houk wrote:I'll start looking at the issues people are having here and in our support cases and try to compile a list of issues to send to Japan. Unfortunately, since we don't have any tech staff or ability to test the game on individual hardware setups, we're gonna have to rely on the Japanese devs to look into things, which will likely increase the delay in response time.

What if Nisa made it's own tech team dedicated to porting and localizing bugs...maybe more.
Just thinking that this might help if Nis/a plans on getting big in the PC scene. This could help since unlike consoles, PCs aren't really uniform in build so bugs and updates are going to become common topics for nisa's crew. But I can't say I know anything about what goes on behind the scenes, so maybe I'm totally off...just thought this would help with the speed problem.

It would be nice, but the logistics of it would probably make it more of a headache than it's worth. Since our games are originally in Japanese, all of the code documentation and programming notes would be in Japanese, and if our team had any questions they would have to be able to interface with the Japanese devs, which means going between English and Japanese to address issues.

This is, of course, ignoring the substantial time and financial investment of putting together a team to even do that kind of thing.

It's certainly something that may become an option in the future, but right now it's sadly not something we can look at doing.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:14 pm

So... any way we could get the Dev's to allow us to map any command to any standard key? ^^; The currently limited option is a bit awkward for me...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm

I can't start the game. I used to be able to, but now I can't. Every time I try, it just crashes before I can even see anything besides the notification that steam is opening something. And when I tried to just run the game without steam, I got DLL errors. This doesn't' make sense, cause I have played this game just fine before. It was only after a reinstall of the game that this happened. I'm going to try a computer restart to see if that works next.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:26 pm

SaturnineTenshi wrote:Did you try verifying game data?

Library -> Right-click game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

All the benefits of a reinstall without having to reinstall! (Though things do spontaneously break from time to time and having that feature is lovely).
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Did not work. It says everything's fine. But the game still crashes every single time.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Found the fix.
Steam Installer was just failing, and I had to manually install something. Thankfully the installer was in the game's folder.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8891-USHL-8251
Where I found my answer ^
Spoiler:

tong007
Peon
Peon

Postby tong007 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”