Steam - slowdown over time

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
Devor
Peon
Peon

Steam - slowdown over time

Postby Devor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Anyone else have an issue where the game becomes unplayably slow over time? After sitting through the initial conversations, the game was somewhat slow, and eventually became almost slideshow-like. Restarting the game fixes the issue, with the FPS counter locked at 30, but over time it creeps back down. Once it starts going below 20 the game begins playing slower, and below 10 it's unbearably slow. I get about 20-30 minutes of gametime before I have to restart the game. Quite annoying.

Noticed the issue with Vsync on, smaller resolution, windowed.

Bumped to Vsync off, larger resolution, windowed, not fixed.

Any fixes?

Devor
Peon
Peon

Re: Steam - slowdown over time

Postby Devor » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:20 pm

So turns out that disabling vsync using the Catalyst Control Center got rid of the slowdown over time. I figured since it got progressively worse, it was a separate issue. But turns out it was forcing on vsync despite the setting in-game.

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Steam - slowdown over time

Postby Dustrega » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 am

Devor wrote:So turns out that disabling vsync using the Catalyst Control Center got rid of the slowdown over time. I figured since it got progressively worse, it was a separate issue. But turns out it was forcing on vsync despite the setting in-game.

Was going to say I posted a possible fix on another thread, but since you got it worked out, all is well. :lol:

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”