ClaDun getting a physical release after all?

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: ClaDun getting a physical release after all?

Postby Shizuka » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:23 pm

vampko wrote:
Shizuka wrote:
Aryoch wrote:No. They won't send the codes outside their "supported" region aka USA lol

Thanks for the info... That's dissapointing. :cry:

You could always have someone else you trust (A LOT) buy the code with money you send them and give you the code afterwards

That's nice to know. I'll contact you whenever I need a game's code.

Aryoch
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Aryoch » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:31 pm

vampko wrote:Personally, I like Digital download games, they run SOOOOooo much faster than off the UMD. UMD's were probably the worst form of physical media ever invented.

I would prefer Digital Downloads too (except when it comes to Limited/Collector's Editions), regarding PSP games, IF all of them could make their way to PSN/DIgital Store.

Thunar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Thunar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Ar Tonelico wrote:
Thunar wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release this game on UMD. If you want it to seel outside of the USA PSN then please sell it as UMD.

Living in Australia we can only access a playstation store which has a small fraction of the games released in the USA. Further, if games ARE actually released for online purchase they are months later than other countries.

You can always make a U.S. PSN account for free and just import a U.S. PSN card.

You can not actually. Not easily or legally anyway.

You need to have a physical address in the USA and so does your method of payment. So you could use PAYPAL to pay but the card/credit vendors ask you a million questions to verify.

Honestly I dont want to have to go through that to PAY PEOPLE FOR GAMES. I just want to be able to access quality products like NIS AMERICA release and PAY for them. I dont want to pirate games nor rip anyone off.

I just want a SANE distribution method. I own 41 UMDs, 3x PSP Slims and a PSPGo. I dont mind paying for things. I just dont like having to work miracles around stupid systems to do so.

End rant. :)

Steve.

Sure, Paypal

Thunar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Thunar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:49 pm

I have also emailed NIS AMERICA regards the UMD and worldwide release issue however have had no response. I own Disgaea 1, 2, 3 and Infinite as well as Phantom Brave and Lord2 and would love to also own ClaDun. A response would have been nice from NIS.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:12 am

Thunar wrote:
Ar Tonelico wrote:
Thunar wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release this game on UMD. If you want it to seel outside of the USA PSN then please sell it as UMD.

Living in Australia we can only access a playstation store which has a small fraction of the games released in the USA. Further, if games ARE actually released for online purchase they are months later than other countries.

You can always make a U.S. PSN account for free and just import a U.S. PSN card.

You can not actually. Not easily or legally anyway.

You need to have a physical address in the USA and so does your method of payment. So you could use PAYPAL to pay but the card/credit vendors ask you a million questions to verify.

Honestly I dont want to have to go through that to PAY PEOPLE FOR GAMES. I just want to be able to access quality products like NIS AMERICA release and PAY for them. I dont want to pirate games nor rip anyone off.

I just want a SANE distribution method. I own 41 UMDs, 3x PSP Slims and a PSPGo. I dont mind paying for things. I just dont like having to work miracles around stupid systems to do so.

End rant. :)

Steve.

Sure, Paypal

Importing a US PSN points card would work perfectly fine, it just ends up costing a little more than just buying the game off the store. I know, I've imported two 3000 JP Point Cards and one 10000 JP point card. All I had to do was enter in the code that was on the paper that was mailed to me. I think they might even e-mail you the code now too. Play-Asia is my importer of choice. But you could try other online stores as well. It will cost a bit more, but it WILL work without any 'confirmation' or anything. You just put in the code that they mail you in the store. That's all.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:04 am

That is a bit of an issue with DD vs. Physical copies I hadn't thought of before: Importing the games.

I agree with vampko that it's not that hard to make a psn account for another country and import the psn cards. All you have to do is make up an address and with the psn cards you don't have to have an address for the paying method. The psn cards do cost a little more to import than if you bought them in your own country, but you can get the code sent to your email at some places, so you don't have to worry about shipping or waiting for the card to arrive.

However Thunar is correct in it not being exactly legal.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:43 am

bloodyaftertaste wrote:That is a bit of an issue with DD vs. Physical copies I hadn't thought of before: Importing the games.

I agree with vampko that it's not that hard to make a psn account for another country and import the psn cards. All you have to do is make up an address and with the psn cards you don't have to have an address for the paying method. The psn cards do cost a little more to import than if you bought them in your own country, but you can get the code sent to your email at some places, so you don't have to worry about shipping or waiting for the card to arrive.

Correct, because there is a silly ban on importing all things Sony for some reason. At least for Europe. Thankfully they never started something that annoying in America. One last option you have, "Game Sharing". I don't have any slots left, sorry...
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:46 am

Ah yes game sharing. I love that about DD games. One of the very few pluses I find with them.

Oh course this doesn't help the fact that I have more games then I can finish right now.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:50 am

If you're in the mood for a game that's about classic-style dungeons and is an RPG, you'll be delighted to hear that NIS America dated the PSP game Cladun: This is an RPG! The game will be available on PSN on September 21.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/03/cladun-this-is-a-release-date/

Thunar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Thunar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:34 pm

bloodyaftertaste wrote:That is a bit of an issue with DD vs. Physical copies I hadn't thought of before: Importing the games.

Hi All,

NIS did respond and the game will be PSN download only released for USA and PAL regions (though of course PAL is irrelevant to PSP). So at least it WILL be available some how.

As far as faking PSN accounts I did not find it that easy at all. Anyone with different experience can PM me with some details? They do ask a million questions it seems.

Steve.

Thunar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Thunar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Just had another reply. No Australian release even to the PSN.

This is why the digital download model (in the way Sony are doing it) is atrocious.

NIS: I WANT TO PAY YOU FOR YOUR PRODUCT. WHY MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT?

SONY: Given games and psp units are region free why is the PSN stocked items differentiated by region? Wrong place to ask this of course but it is completely stupid.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:58 am

Thunar wrote:Just had another reply. No Australian release even to the PSN.

This is why the digital download model (in the way Sony are doing it) is atrocious.

SONY: Given games and psp units are region free why is the PSN stocked items differentiated by region? Wrong place to ask this of course but it is completely stupid.

Blame the countries. Of course Japan's gonna get the best stuff, they're the originator of Sony. Does Australia use a different currency than the Euro?
Spoiler:

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:03 am

vampko wrote:
Thunar wrote:Just had another reply. No Australian release even to the PSN.

Blame the countries. Of course Japan's gonna get the best stuff, they're the originator of Sony. Does Australia use a different currency than the Euro?

Yes, they use the Australian dollar. The Euro is just for European countries I think.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

Thunar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Thunar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Laughed for real at the above.

Currency hardly makes a difference with internet based transactions especially when you already have the sales and distribution mechanisms in place being the PSN.

This has nothing to do with "the countries" and everything to do with Sony and the publishers decisions of how to release.

Regards the currency comment - no, Australia is not part of Europe. Strangely if you look at an atlas (you can find one online without leaving your seat) you will find we are quite a long way from Europe.

Steve.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Thunar wrote:Laughed for real at the above.

Currency hardly makes a difference with internet based transactions especially when you already have the sales and distribution mechanisms in place being the PSN.

This has nothing to do with "the countries" and everything to do with Sony and the publishers decisions of how to release.

Regards the currency comment - no, Australia is not part of Europe. Strangely if you look at an atlas (you can find one online without leaving your seat) you will find we are quite a long way from Europe.

Steve.

You DO realize that SCEA, SCEE, and SCE are all run by different people right? Also, that the individual countries can place limitations/policies on these companies?

And sorry for not knowing every currency in the world. It's not like I study this. Yes, I am well aware that Australia is not a part of Europe. I just don't know of much currencies, and out of the currencies that are on the other side of the globe, I pretty much only know of Euros, pounds, yen, and vaguely recall that I used to remember Thai, Chinese, and Korean currency.

You need the proper currency to use the PSN, unless you are fortunate enough to have a credit card that can be used anywhere in the world.
Spoiler:

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”