ClaDun getting a physical release after all?

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
Thunar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: ClaDun getting a physical release after all?

Postby Thunar » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:43 am

vampko wrote:
Thunar wrote:Laughed for real at the above.

Currency hardly makes a difference with internet based transactions especially when you already have the sales and distribution mechanisms in place being the PSN.

This has nothing to do with "the countries" and everything to do with Sony and the publishers decisions of how to release.

Regards the currency comment - no, Australia is not part of Europe. Strangely if you look at an atlas (you can find one online without leaving your seat) you will find we are quite a long way from Europe.

Steve.

You DO realize that SCEA, SCEE, and SCE are all run by different people right? Also, that the individual countries can place limitations/policies on these companies?

And sorry for not knowing every currency in the world. It's not like I study this. Yes, I am well aware that Australia is not a part of Europe. I just don't know of much currencies, and out of the currencies that are on the other side of the globe, I pretty much only know of Euros, pounds, yen, and vaguely recall that I used to remember Thai, Chinese, and Korean currency.

You need the proper currency to use the PSN, unless you are fortunate enough to have a credit card that can be used anywhere in the world.

My understanding is they are all subsets of Sony right? Hence my statement and query as to why Sony are running it so badly. :) It may well be the Australian arm of Sony - but same company right?

Correct me if I am wrong.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Thunar wrote:
vampko wrote:
Thunar wrote:Laughed for real at the above.

Currency hardly makes a difference with internet based transactions especially when you already have the sales and distribution mechanisms in place being the PSN.

This has nothing to do with "the countries" and everything to do with Sony and the publishers decisions of how to release.

Regards the currency comment - no, Australia is not part of Europe. Strangely if you look at an atlas (you can find one online without leaving your seat) you will find we are quite a long way from Europe.

Steve.

You DO realize that SCEA, SCEE, and SCE are all run by different people right? Also, that the individual countries can place limitations/policies on these companies?

And sorry for not knowing every currency in the world. It's not like I study this. Yes, I am well aware that Australia is not a part of Europe. I just don't know of much currencies, and out of the currencies that are on the other side of the globe, I pretty much only know of Euros, pounds, yen, and vaguely recall that I used to remember Thai, Chinese, and Korean currency.

You need the proper currency to use the PSN, unless you are fortunate enough to have a credit card that can be used anywhere in the world.

My understanding is they are all subsets of Sony right? Hence my statement and query as to why Sony are running it so badly. :) It may well be the Australian arm of Sony - but same company right?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Kind of. SCE has the right to deem something 'against policy', but probably will not take much notice in what SCEE or SCEA are up to, as long as they continue to promote the SCE franchise. You will see very different policies across the board.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Thunar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Thunar » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Okay - that is interesting.

NIS actually advised they had decided NOT to release to Australia so it sounds like an NIS decision.

Ultimately I dont care why :P I just want the damn game! ;)

NIS Hero
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby NIS Hero » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 am

Anybody ever found out the price for ClaDun yet? People keep saying it might be $19.99

just wanna know as I might go pick up a card for it today & prepare for tuesday(unless there's another delay....) :P
Etna's PS3 is made of prinnies!!!! O_O

PRINNYLAND!!! =P

Thunar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Thunar » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:18 am

Still VERY annoyed this wont get:

1. UMD release
2. All region release

NIS what are you going to do when the next gen of PSP is released? It will obviously only use digital content and this will mean ALL your games are regionally limited.

Not a great business model.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:53 am

Thunar wrote:Still VERY annoyed this wont get:

1. UMD release
2. All region release

NIS what are you going to do when the next gen of PSP is released? It will obviously only use digital content and this will mean ALL your games are regionally limited.

Not a great business model.

It's already been confirmed the next PSP will not be DD only
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

JollyD
Peon
Peon

Postby JollyD » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:34 pm

I'd like to begin this post by saying that I love every product made by Nippon Ichi Software that I have purchased to date, as have all my friends who likewise purchased or referred me to them; While this post may read as a flame, it is not. Just a statement of things I know well and a question regarding fixing our dilema and the dilema of everyone in our kind of situation; As I would imagine there are a lot more than just my group that have this problem.

All things said, let's start this party.

So... I gather that the basic gist of this situation is that those of us in the world(whom only read English), whom have a psp; Slow running(bandwidth limited net(Also best net available for me), and no PS3 are simply not going to see this game ever. Mind that if things could be done about any of those situations, they would be; Alas... While I have not the funds for a PS3. I have the funds for a few games, but I find myself without said games worthy of my funds and I don't know what I'm gonna do if I can't waste my money on stuff to rot my brains out.

That brings me to the dried dead lump of hope in my hands now; Does anyone know if there is a chance NIS will release or allow special orders of this game in US UMD? They've obviously already coded it for english(PSN), and while I can understand the expenses of a custom printing in manual, I also know the only way making the UMD in english would be difficult would be if each machine used to make game/movie UMDs only made one specific game or movie UMD, an atrociously unlikely situation especially given Sony and NIS' prosperity.

I know very little about this game's situation, other than having checked a host of gameplay footage before deciding I was interested in having it; After about 3 hours of my me-time spent searching for a game worthy to bring to the attention of my friends for the sake of wasting time and group fun, I imagine many people can understand my compulsion to join a forum, and throw a post out here.

To bring things further alight, my post represents eleven PSP owners in a similar situation, myself included. So, the real issue then is, how many people in my situation would it take for NIS to want to do something about it? If all it would take is a specific number of people, I will gladly throw a poll up in Game Requests, assuming it's allowed and will tell everyone interested to throw a vote in there.

Any constructive words would be appreciated; Also, if it can be determined that NISA will port the game on a small scale for special orders with enough people, then I will go as far and fast as I can spread word wherever people talk of this game; I imagine others will do the same.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Look at the Top 10 Wanted FAQs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/

For a DD-game to have that much repercussion is great.

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:58 am

So is this game really getting a physical release?
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

Yogsoggoth
Peon
Peon

Postby Yogsoggoth » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:26 am

There is not going to be a physical release for this game. NIS is hurting financially and it does not make any sense for them to release a UMD of a nich game on a nich system. The game is easily obtainable as a download for a very reasonable price. And NIS has thoughtfully scaled the electronic manual to fit on the PSP screen. There is no need for a UMD release for this title.

Thunar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Thunar » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Yogsoggoth wrote:There is not going to be a physical release for this game. NIS is hurting financially and it does not make any sense for them to release a UMD of a nich game on a nich system. The game is easily obtainable as a download for a very reasonable price. And NIS has thoughtfully scaled the electronic manual to fit on the PSP screen. There is no need for a UMD release for this title.

You have not read this thread fully or at all, have you?

Ventara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ventara » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:08 pm

So, is this getting a physical release?

I mean, I don't expect you guys to know for sure, but just wondering if I should wait a few more weeks (especially with my huge backlog) to see what's up, or should I just get this now.

Oh, and I don't want to start a new thread, but can you unlock music from the game and just listen to them (like some other NIS games where you can spend your in-game points to buy music that you've already listened to)?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Ventara wrote:So, is this getting a physical release?

I mean, I don't expect you guys to know for sure, but just wondering if I should wait a few more weeks (especially with my huge backlog) to see what's up, or should I just get this now.

Oh, and I don't want to start a new thread, but can you unlock music from the game and just listen to them (like some other NIS games where you can spend your in-game points to buy music that you've already listened to)?

No, it's not getting a physical release.
And I don't know the answer to your music question, sorry.
Spoiler:

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”