Cladun X2 Edit Corruption (+questions)

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
dukemagus
New Vassal
New Vassal

Cladun X2 Edit Corruption (+questions)

Postby dukemagus » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:18 pm

I was trying to add some cladun x2 customs in my game and found a little weird limitation.

Naturally each game custom (head/weapon/armor/etc) have up to 64 "slots" (for example: NPUH10114FCSVFC2[001-064] - Character Edits).

Since many edits i found for download in the Cladun x2 wiki (great wiki btw) are in the same "slot" (like 2 armor edits in the "001" folder), i've tried do change the number in each folder (renaming a folder to NPUH10114SVITAMR002 for example), but it corrupted the data. I had no idea that the folder content would become unusable.

one workaround was to copy the original file to the psp, create a copy in a different slot (using the cladun x2 editor), delete the "original" and placing the other edit with the same folder in there. Not impossible, but it's extremely slow and annoying to do that for every single edit.

So... my questions are: is there a way to edit the save in the pc so we can change the folder number without corrupting the save? and is there a program or any other way to make/manage the edits on the PC?

Thank You

pwnda
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Cladun X2 Edit Corruption (+questions)

Postby pwnda » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:12 am

all i know is that if you rename any thing it becomes corrupt for the most part.

dukemagus
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby dukemagus » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:41 pm

yeah... found that problem already. i just don't know how to "fix" it on the PC.

maybe the japanese community made some app that help with it but i don't understand japanese AND have no idea where to ask for help there

pwnda
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby pwnda » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:26 am

are you trying to download japanese files to the english version of cladunx2 cause that won't work and i heard even if you convert them it still won't work. you better off going to this website if you have an english version cladunx2thisisa.wikia.com/wiki/Cladun_x2:_This_is_a_Wiki . if you have a japanese version then you should just re download them, don't change the file name, and it should be fine.

dukemagus
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby dukemagus » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:41 pm

nope.

read the first post.

i'm trying to rename files that already work (i;e english version's files) in order to add them all even when they're made on the same slot.

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”