Leveling Tips

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Leveling Tips

Postby Seventh » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:27 am

Perhaps I've done something wrong, but I'm kinda finding it difficult to amass EXP. I'm not THAT far in yet - only just in the sixth dungeon, I think? - and my problem is most of the dungeons just don't give enough EXP for what they're worth. Is there anything to do, or should I just stick to random dungeons and hope I get really lucky?

... Because, to be honest, so far I haven't been, unfortunately.

Greene
Majin
Majin

Re: Leveling Tips

Postby Greene » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Cladun or Cladun x2? What level are ya?
All is for my lord. Hail Lord Arfoire!
Disgaea 4 & 3AoD JSFPS!
Disgaea JTSRPG Squad: Fenrich

PSN: Infusion07

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Greene wrote:Cladun or Cladun x2? What level are ya?

... Aha! Saying what game might have helped, yeah.

I'm in X2, my highest guys are around the low 30s, while my lowest ones are mid-teens.

Vainglorious
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Vainglorious » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:07 pm

You really don't need to "grind" that much in ClaDun X2, at least not at first, and you really shouldn't (you'll get XP far faster later on). You should be able to reach Purgatory (a late-game dungeon) using whatever Magic Circles and artifacts you happen to get along the way.

If you really feel you must grind, Tri-geon is the way to go. The enemies start off scaled to your characters' approximate strength (sort of; they tend to be pretty easy at first), and unlike the story dungeons where you have to be careful and play smart in order to avoid dying, in Tri-geon you can run around whaling on stuff for the most part.

There's no real "trick" to leveling. Leveling quickly requires the enemies to be a much higher level than you, and that means you need insanely overpowered Magic Circles and some decent artifacts. By the time you reach Purgatory, you'll want to be using Divine Excess, which is obtained at Wizard LV 60. It allows only one sub-character and you can't heal, but offers 9x mana and has tons of artifact spaces on either side.

So pretty much just mosey through story mode; by the time you reach Purgatory, you should have a level 60 or so Wizard. Be sure to make a Wizard, obviously.
Get while the getting's good, then get out. -- James R. Henderson

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”