Lightning just struck the same place... twice.

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
Vainglorious
Vassal
Vassal

Lightning just struck the same place... twice.

Postby Vainglorious » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:53 am

Oh yes I did. Dropped two Widens in a row from two Hiyokkis on floor 6 of Tri-geon, that is, and got them out safely. I literally got one Widen from the first Hiyokki and the other Widen from the second, within a span of less than five seconds.

Get while the getting's good, then get out. -- James R. Henderson

Prinnish
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Lightning just struck the same place... twice.

Postby Prinnish » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Just out of curiousity, how many Drop items did you have equipped? And what "rank" were they? I.E. Crunchy Drops and whatnot.

Vainglorious
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Lightning just struck the same place... twice.

Postby Vainglorious » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 pm

My drop rate (you can see yours on the Status screen in the Magic Circle menu by pressing square a time or two, if you aren't aware) was 400, the hard-capped max. I had three Fortune titles on my gear (+180), +220 from a Joint-ed/Widened Crunchy, and an unusable extra +80 from a Joint-ed/Widened Delish. All the artifacts involved were common, except for having the Joint title, of course. I had 9 Bliss titles equipped in the rest of my gear slots to get 72 Title Cut.

All that being said, I really don't think Drop Rate or Title Cut affects Widens at all. Hiyokkis almost always drop something, even if it's useless, so a higher Drop Rate probably won't help (since they drop nearly 100% of the time). As for Title Cut, Widens can't have titles, and Title Cut never seems to stop untitled crap artifacts I don't need from dropping regularly.

In other words, I think this was probably 1 in a million. I'm seriously not bragging (this was pure dumb luck), but I doubt any other ClaDun player in the world has ever dropped two Widens — not only in the same Tri-geon, not only on the same floor, but literally two Widen drops from two Hiyokkis without killing anything else in between.
Get while the getting's good, then get out. -- James R. Henderson

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”