Re: General Neptunia Discussion

Postby vampko » Sat May 21, 2016 6:29 am

Aushria wrote: but the way the characters pronounce it

Except Nep

So much except Nep xD
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Sat May 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Neptune is and always will be the outlier.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:59 am

Long time no see, people.
No bad blood against me right? I was a bit of a rascal :3 Not been around in a while, this thread makes me feel old "2012" its pretty nostalgic looking back at me playing Neptunia on PS3 asking about DLC, I wasn't even employed then.
Anyways, I need some help with Re;birth3

I keep getting these plans called "keep the peeping down" and a leadership skill one
What do these do exactly? I'm playing the PC version if it helps.

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:46 am

Alice Twilight wrote:Long time no see, people.
No bad blood against me right?

I don't hold grudges unless you did something extreme like, I dunno, murdering a friend. Grudges are stupid and unhealthy.

Alice Twilight wrote:Anyways, I need some help with Re;birth3

I keep getting these plans called "keep the peeping down" and a leadership skill one
What do these do exactly? I'm playing the PC version if it helps.

Keep the Peeping Down unlocks the Z axis (middle mouse button) for the camera so that you can look up their outfits or whatever. Kinda useless and a waste of resources unless you're curious as to where they hide their weapons, or if you're someone like me who uses it anyway because what else am I gonna use these Tokimekis for?

Add Leader Skill basically adds a unique buff to all your party members whenever that person's the leader. Neptune's in particular is useful because it cuts the transformation cost in half, and Nepgear's increases the stats of the HDD forms based on how many shares they have (IF's is useful, too, but she's a DLC character).

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:Long time no see, people.
No bad blood against me right?

Long as there's no bad blood from you, everything's cool. On that note:

Spoiler:

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:57 pm

KoopaTroopinski wrote:

Keep the Peeping Down unlocks the Z axis (middle mouse button) for the camera so that you can look up their outfits or whatever. Kinda useless and a waste of resources unless you're curious as to where they hide their weapons, or if you're someone like me who uses it anyway because what else am I gonna use these Tokimekis for?

Add Leader Skill basically adds a unique buff to all your party members whenever that person's the leader. Neptune's in particular is useful because it cuts the transformation cost in half, and Nepgear's increases the stats of the HDD forms based on how many shares they have (IF's is useful, too, but she's a DLC character).

Okay, thanks!I thought it might have been that, I'm playing with a controller and was doing all sorts of combinations to try and move their models around in party viewer and such. On another note unlocking all these dungeons in Re;birth3 was a pain, not even google helped me that much when I needed some items I've nearly got them all so I can see the true ending then I'll move onto the Noire's game.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:08 am

It seems that in Korea, PP, U, and the Sega Hard Girls crossover have all had Vita bundles. The U bundle even threw in a ₩15000 card for the hell of it. What the fuck...
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

5UP3R1337N05C0P3
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby 5UP3R1337N05C0P3 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Thank all of you for your opinions and information you've provided through the years; you're awesome and have helped make this series both accessible and even more enjoyable.

I was flabbergasted when I realized that Re;Birth has been out for almost 2 years now.
If your server asks if Coke is acceptable instead of Pepsi, it's only sensible to ask if Monopoly money would suffice as payment.

AnimeIsReal
Vassal
Vassal

Postby AnimeIsReal » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:46 pm

While I have not been on board as long as others, I still love this series as much as I did while I was playing the Re;Birth trilogy in January. I have still yet to play the entire series, and there seems to be more coming, so I will not be starved for content. I do not know how the series has eluded me for so long, but I am glad to fall under its spell now.

Just a couple of things I miss from Re;Birth 2 in particular that I would like to see again:

Blanc/Nepgear shiptease. I loved their interactions, and the Lowee ending was incredibly cute. More of these two, please.

Underling. She just vanished after the second game with no explanation, which is a shame. I thought she was hilarious. I miss defeating her time and time again and watching her boast and fail epically. She was like the Team Rocket of Neptunia. I would enjoy seeing her find another big bad to be an underling for. There wasn't much interaction between her and Neptune; I think those two would have great comedic chemistry.
Last edited by AnimeIsReal on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have zero redeeming qualities.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:10 pm

I miss Linda, too. It's a shame that she has been completely forgotten except for a bit of the anime series and a name drop in Nep PP. I never cared much for Pirachu/Warechu, but for some reason he was the one who got to keep coming back game after game.

Also,

AnimeIsReal wrote:alluded

Eluded. To allude is to reference. To elude is to escape.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:56 pm

Daverost wrote:
AnimeIsReal wrote:alluded

Eluded. To allude is to reference. To elude is to escape.

You never know. The series could've been talking about our dear AIR behind their back.

5UP3R1337N05C0P3
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby 5UP3R1337N05C0P3 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:45 pm

Sorry for such a basic question, but which games in this series are canonical?

I've seen people say that they're all canon but in a Legend of Zelda-having no connections sort of way.
There's also the opinion that only Re;Birth 2, 3, and V2 are canon because they continue off of one story and everything else has been retconned.

I thought all the games were canon in some way because they're officially developed games, but one of the Neptunia U Steam achievements says something about hoping to see the player in a canonical game.
There are quite a few differing vague definitions of "canonical" online which are nearly synonymous for "official" or "genuine"; so I am at a loss. I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light onto this for me, please.
If your server asks if Coke is acceptable instead of Pepsi, it's only sensible to ask if Monopoly money would suffice as payment.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:11 am

Basically, as far as I understand it, the canon mostly goes this way:
Some parts of "HDN" --> "MK2"/"Re;Birth2" --> "Victory"/"Re;Birth3" --> "VII"

The main reason only these games are considered canon is because, as mentioned in your post, they are the only ones with a continuing story, a shared continuity. Characters, for the most part, recall events that have happened previously in the prior games in the timeline. You could easily just say that all of the games are canon as well due to the multiple dimension thing but it doesn't really help with keeping an actual continuity, which is mostly what is being looked for when this subject is brought up.

Also, the only reason the original "HDN" is kind of included despite actually being retconned as a whole is that there are still some general events that were kept and carried over for "MK2"/"Re;Birth2" to go off of. Like that the four main CPUs did actually battle against one another but eventually came together to combat a common threat is one such example. So some general details from it can be considered canon to various degrees even if the game as a whole cannot.

Some also consider "Re;Birth1" to possibly being canon as well since it's speculated that most of the Makers in it might have come from "Victory"/"Re;Birth3". They reference coming from another dimension and even mention meeting other versions of the cast. But that could just have been any general dimension and not the Ultradimension from "Victory"/"Re;Birth3" specifically so it's really iffy where it stands in this regard. For the most part, it is still not really canon due to no solid connections, it's just the closest of the many spin-offs to actually connecting to the main games.

The rest are clearly set in their own dimensions with their own rules that their respective settings follow which makes them far too different to be canon. Either that or the game outright tells you they aren't canon. Nothing really carries over between them or the mainline games outside of a simple 4th wall breaking reference. They are all more or less standalone from one another.

Hopefully that helped clarify things a bit. Even as someone who has been with the series from the beginning...it can get rather messy.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:06 pm

As far as main series canon goes, it's more of mk2 -> Victory -> V II, imo.

HDN is impossible to exist in any canon, since
Spoiler:
the four goddesses give up their divinity to live life as mortals and --correct me if I'm wrong-- had the truths of the whole CPU, Console Wars, and saving the world from Arfoire stuff die alongside with them in the True End's far future.

As for the Re;Birth series, it's more likely that they are a separate/alternate canon altogether since the Candidates' births are required for RB1's True End, which makes it connected to RB2 (and by extension, RB3) unlike how HDN is not connected to mk2 (and therefore not making it connected to Victory).

Other than that, the other games are pretty clear that they exist in alternate dimensions/canons.
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Lan-kun wrote:HDN is impossible to exist in any canon, since
Spoiler:
the four goddesses give up their divinity to live life as mortals and --correct me if I'm wrong-- had the truths of the whole CPU, Console Wars, and saving the world from Arfoire stuff die alongside with them in the True End's far future.

That's why I said only a couple details and not "HDN" as a whole. In "MK2", some general plot details from "HDN" were referenced to have happened, like the example I provided. They were just repurposed to fit the new setting starting with "MK2" onwards without having to retread the story again, at least that's my guess.

...since the Candidates' births are required for RB1's True End, ...

A slight correction, the Candidates aren't required for the True End to "Re;Birth1". You do get small additional scenes (3 in total) during the True Ending if you got them but they aren't required for the ending itself.

...which makes it connected to RB2 (and by extension, RB3) unlike how HDN is not connected to mk2 (and therefore not making it connected to Victory).

As far as I understand it, even with the addition of the Candidates, "Re;Birth1" still doesn't directly connect to "Re;Birth2". "Re;Birth1" uses the same setting as "HDN" with all the floating landmasses and whatnot, albeit with numerous plot changes, which don't exist in the setting of "Re;Birth2". "Re;Birth1" is basically just "HDN" which some plot changes, the fact that it's retconned material doesn't change.
Spoiler:
Not to mention that Arfoire was purified in the True Ending of "Re;Birth1" and that version of her doesn't seem to exist in any of the other two "Re;Birth" games.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”