General Neptunia Discussion

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Tikok
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: General Neptunia Discussion

Postby Tikok » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 am

Which they don't need because they are entirely capable of winning battles without it without a great difference in performance

You can beat the entire game no items or whatever you want too, that doesn't make items useless.
Also, it costs more than it's actually worth. It's hardly goddess material.

Even in mk2 , that's bullshit. The only reason Uni is a great character in that game is because of her HDD stats for example. And in V the HDD cost is a looooot lower now.

HDD as a gameplay mechanic does exactly what it's suposed to do, giving the characters a powered up state.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 am

Tikok wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:Which they don't need because they are entirely capable of winning battles without it without a great difference in performance

You can beat the entire game no items or whatever you want too, that doesn't make items useless.
Porecomesis wrote:Also, it costs more than it's actually worth. It's hardly goddess material.

Even in mk2 , that's bullshit. The only reason Uni is a great character in that game is because of her HDD stats for example.

HDD is a gameplay mechanic, and it does exactly what it's suposed to do, give the characters a powered up state. I don't see what else they could do.

Second point: Well, that explains why I generally thought Uni was useless. It was always quicker for me to boost Nisa's attack and use her and Nepgear's coupling skill to skewer my opponents than wait ten thousand years or waste ten thousand years worth of credits worth of SP Chargers to get HDD and actually have it around long enough for it to be the slightest bit useful.

My points regarding HDD are about it in context. It's perfectly fine in gameplay. However, characters treat it as a big deal in the story. It's also the one thing that a goddess has that separates them from humans in addition to only being able to function if everyone believes in them. This raises from me the question of "so what?" It only gets worse when you consider how easily HDD can be nullified by the local fauna. If it's a goddess power, it should be more potent than that.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:02 am

In V it's shown they have other powers, albeit briefly and only in a few scenes. Actually, there's another case, but I can't discuss it since it's extremely spoilerific.

Tikok
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Tikok » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:10 am

My points regarding HDD are about it in context. It's perfectly fine in gameplay.

Then I don't have anything more to say about it~

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:16 am

zazza345 wrote:In V it's shown they have other powers, albeit briefly and only in a few scenes. Actually, there's another case, but I can't discuss it since it's extremely spoilerific.

I'll take your word for it.

TheOsakanPrinny
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby TheOsakanPrinny » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 am

DAMMIT! Seriously, if Paypal fails again and doesn't get money transferred into my bank account, I'm going to be REALLY annoyed. I've been trying for two weeks, and done this three times just trying to pre-order the limited edition version of Neptunia V ><

...also they can't fly in HDD? Huh, I mean I can sort of see why, but still, lame XD

And one more thing! I have created a tumblr account for Vert and Chika which can be found here http://leadingleanboxladies.tumblr.com/ So hooray~! -hopes it's okay to just link like that- There's also a Nisa, Pururut, a Blanc, and a Neptune on there. We need a Noire though, in terms of the main goddesses...>.<
Last edited by TheOsakanPrinny on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sik
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sik » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:55 am

The money will get transferred the same moment the stock sells out.

EDIT: wait a second, why can't you just pay directly with PayPal then?
Sik is pronounced like "seek", not like "sick".
Porecomesis wrote:That's like a country asking to stockpile all the nukes in the world. Or vertical09 offering to let the cast of the game sleep in his house.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Eh, I think flying CPUs are cooler. Let's make it Fanon! ^^

...Or, you know, just do whatever. :lol: I kinda wanna play the game and see/hear the explanationy stuff now. March is too far away. :lol:

...and I would assume that the prevalency of the Virus ailment, aside from gameplay reasons, is prolly there as a failsafe in the event a CPU goes rogue or something. To make it easier to stop 'em, you know? Or it's the result of evolution; monsters get hunted by CPUs for goddess-knows-how-long, therefore monsters develop defense mechanisms. It's simple, really. :lol:
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

TheOsakanPrinny
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby TheOsakanPrinny » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Sik wrote:The money will get transferred the same moment the stock sells out.

EDIT: wait a second, why can't you just pay directly with PayPal then?

It's linked to my savings account, so I don't have a checking with a routing number or whatever is needed.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Zdood wrote:Eh, I think flying CPUs are cooler. Let's make it Fanon! ^^

Not to mention more useful.

Zdood wrote:...and I would assume that the prevalence of the Virus ailment, aside from gameplay reasons, is prolly there as a fail-safe in the event a CPU goes rogue or something. To make it easier to stop 'em, you know? Or it's the result of evolution; monsters get hunted by CPUs for goddess-knows-how-long, therefore monsters develop defence mechanisms. It's simple, really. :lol:

Defence mechanisms, not offence mechanisms. Evolution is about creatures that survive passing beneficial traits to their offspring. Those offspring will then survive with their superior traits and then pass them on to their offspring whose traits will be more superior. I'm no expert on this (or anything, really, except making up threats that I'm too scared to say) but I'm pretty sure these traits do not come out of nowhere and are actually grown from an inferior state. We can do pretty much everything monkeys can but at much higher levels.

With this in mind, the ability for a monster to inflict the Virus ailment suggests that this is a natural thing for them to have. Which makes it incredibly odd that a goddess of divine might that rules over an entire nation can be effectively crippled by the burp of a single flower.

EDIT: Okay, let me clarify: I wouldn't expect many people to know how evolution works (although I am only one schmuck in front of a computer and Compile Heart is formed from how many people) but that's not really the point. The point is that these goddesses can be severely affected by things from the mortal world. That's like if Mjolnir melted if vinegar was poured onto it.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:45 pm

@Pore

Eh. I'd say it's preferable to making them God Mode Sues, or Saiyan-ing (verb; making human characters and earthly powers useless compared to the broken power levels of the elite aliens or other otherworldly non-human beings). Perhaps they're not (or at least don't seem to be) quite as strong as you'd like, but on the other hand, if they were you may well end up complaining about lack of dramatic tension. I personally just treat them like similar such chars in, say, Touhou - powerful, but far from invincible or unbeatable.
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Herolegend
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Herolegend » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 am

Why don't you guys add those cool ideas to my thread? viewtopic.php?f=77&t=11428&p=545350#p545350

This way we can have those ideas on first page, I'll edit them so just reply with what you want to see in the game, would be cool if a developer would browse through it and we start seeing much cooler sequels imagine we could change the future of the game and make it better? maybe can make it a sticky or w/e I don't know how and if you can still edit a sticky thread.

To be honest I'm a bit of a gaming conisoir however you spell it, and I have to be honest I'm kind of forcing myself to play mk2 more than i did with the first game and mk2 is slightly better doesn't that seem odd?

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Herolegend wrote:To be honest I'm a bit of a gaming conisoir however you spell it, and I have to be honest I'm kind of forcing myself to play mk2 more than i did with the first game and mk2 is slightly better doesn't that seem odd?

Not really. I felt the same way. The writing in mk2 is noticeably different from its predecessor and I honestly felt that, story-wise, mk2 was far worse.

Herolegend
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Herolegend » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 pm

I meant mk2 is slightly better not in terms of storyline but overall to play with for average gamer, not for me personally. Mainly because of the music being tolerable and more characters, but more things to do in it. The first game seemed more interesting for me because of the combos special moves and burning through the game to get super goddesses up and using them in the DLC and end game, too bad the DLC sucked was too easy lvl 999 err not really more like lvl 99. Neptunia Game was too easy. I thought the storyline was too light but it was pleasing first time round, we all know everyone skipped it on a new game + because they failed at getting the Goddesses up in game first time round.

Think about it dood after reading through the light hearted storyline and getting the Goddesses up in first game what was there else to do? The DLC's were far too easy and that made it boring, what else made the first game boring was not having anything to do no quests once you get all the events up thats it, all the gear equips for the Goddesses were stat jumbled and most things were flawed in the stats, so it made equipping anything other than the base gear and base gear + useless for equipping the rest of the gear. But I had more fun watching cool special moves and finding the hidden treasure for the Goddesses even though i was dissapointed in the outcome of them IT was still fun to do it kind of a chore but more fun than the mk2. For MK2 im not finding it fun or exciting as the first game, all the moves are lame and when you do get to pull off anything good its against a boss or enemy with tons of hp and still i don't find it interesting having to build up AP and SP such a long time just to pull off a super move.

Think about why FFX allows u to summon bahamut at the start of the battle or shiva cool specials and can wipe enemies in 1 go, well tis fun to do that, not waste time building up energy just to whoop weak enemies in 6min when you can do it in less than 1min with a cool blow finish. Remember Zanmato 1 hit kill everything, its cheap but its so damn cool i used to spam battles just to see it over n over. I did the same with neptunia 1 with the cool planetune moves and lastation, leanbox special moves. I kept thinking too bad i wanted to see more super moves just different style.

So yeah bottom line i prefer Neptunia 1 for combos, stylish fx special moves, better graphics imo, better in game sound effects, plus neptunia was more final fantasy battle style this is my 2nd fav style in the world of games, and even though mk2 overall was slightly better to play with having more things to do in the game, characters, more items to find and buy, I'm having to force myself to play it because for those reasons above i dont find the gameplay as addicting as neptunia 1. I think developers need to listen to this sentence, "A bunch of cool stylish special moves sometimes is all you need to boost a game by 70%" Its the reason FF13 and 13-2 are crap, I found none of the special moves interesting in Final fantasy 13 and 13-2 in comparison to its predecessors FF6,7,8,9, X even X-2 had better special cool moves than FF13. How cool is it to transform and see that transformation in full screen with cool fx to go with it? I tell ya Storyline + Gameplay + Visuals + game mechanics + Music = make up most of the game that makes it perfect. Star ocean 2 was amazing when it came out.

p.s
I prefer Anime CG when characters talk it makes it feel more anime and it reminds me of bushojo games I used to play lol

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 pm

In some amusing news I've seen some commenters on Japanese forums "congratulating" Neptune when commenting the news of Rie Tanaka's just celebrated marriage.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”