Neptunia Vita?

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
neptuniavita2013
New Vassal
New Vassal

Neptunia Vita?

Postby neptuniavita2013 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:16 pm

The first Neptunia game was perfect. However, I would prefer to have it on a smaller screen and portable. It would be heaven to be able to play it in bed or on a long car ride. Anyone else agree? It would still be a Playstation exclusive and wouldn't hurt console sales. I post this here, because it said to post suggestions like this on the forums.

pandahao
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Neptunia Vita?

Postby pandahao » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:22 pm

as long as it doesn't hinder a new ps3 release i wouldn't mind it at all
PSN: toma789

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Well, before we even get into anything else, let me just mention that NISA doesn't really have control over what CH does with its games, so if you're looking to NISA for help, then you're SOL.

Anyway, while you may find the first game to be perfect, you are the exception in this case, not the rule. Though many people liked the characters in the first game, almost everyone can agree that the gameplay ranges anywhere from mediocre to a steaming pile of shit. As for mk2, though people liked the gameplay more, tey also didn't like the story as much. What this means is that if CH ever decides to port its games to the Vita, they likely wouldn't port either of the first two over. Chances are they'd go with V instead, which supposedly combines the great character interactions of the first game with the gameplay of the second.

As for whether CH would even bother porting its games to the Vita, I wouldn't completely disregard the possibility seeing as how not only has NIS been doing it for a while now, but even Gust has started doing it with the Arland saga of the Atelier series (starting from Totori for some reason).
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Sik
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sik » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:Chances are they'd go with V instead, which supposedly combines the great character interactions of the first game with the gameplay of the second.

And the ultralarge cutscenes it has pretty much makes it a no-no for a portable system. They'd be better off making a whole new game designed for it, really (either exclusive or designed for the ground up as being for both PS3 and Vita - but the design needs to take the Vita into account, basically).
Sik is pronounced like "seek", not like "sick".
Porecomesis wrote:That's like a country asking to stockpile all the nukes in the world. Or vertical09 offering to let the cast of the game sleep in his house.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Remake/Updated Rerelease of HDN for Vita prolly wouldn't be a bad idea. ^^
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

MizuMikomi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MizuMikomi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Sik wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:Chances are they'd go with V instead, which supposedly combines the great character interactions of the first game with the gameplay of the second.

And the ultralarge cutscenes it has pretty much makes it a no-no for a portable system. They'd be better off making a whole new game designed for it, really (either exclusive or designed for the ground up as being for both PS3 and Vita - but the design needs to take the Vita into account, basically).

Ultralarge cutscenes doesn't mean shit. I mean that's why the game allows you to skip said cutscenes, plus 30 minutes isn't ULTRALARGE.

Kingdom Hearts 3D has a 35 minute long cutscene; not pre-rendered, and its on the motherflipping 3DS. The longest Nep V tops out at is 32min and 46 seconds. Plus V uses AAS, so its less intensive than anything you'd see square put out, seeing as how I HIGHLY doubt AAS takes as much power as a real-time scene.
Eyeshield wrote:Pore, he is MIZUMikomi. Mizu is water. Water is formless, constantly changing shape, adapting to the surroundings... To succeed in life, one must be formless, like water... :ugeek:

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:16 pm

MizuMikomi wrote:
Sik wrote:

Ultralarge cutscenes doesn't mean shit. I mean that's why the game allows you to skip said cutscenes, plus 30 minutes isn't ULTRALARGE.

Kingdom Hearts 3D has a 35 minute long cutscene; not pre-rendered, and its on the motherflipping 3DS. The longest Nep V tops out at is 32min and 46 seconds. Plus V uses AAS, so its less intensive than anything you'd see square put out, seeing as how I HIGHLY doubt AAS takes as much power as a real-time scene.

Is it strange that I thought he meant the CGs within a few of the cutscenes?

Anyway, I still think a Vita re-release would, afaik, be feasable for V. That said, if they made a new game for both the PS3 and the Vita (or just the Vita), I'd be pretty excited if it were a platformer, though I'd be good just so long as they don't try to pull the shit that so many AAA franchises are doing with the Vita right now.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Sik
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sik » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 am

MizuMikomi wrote:
Sik wrote:

I wasn't thinking about space usage at all (especially these days where you can easily cram more than CDs used to have), but about the fact you have to sit through those cutscenes on a device meant to be used on the go. And skipping cutscenes is probably something you want to avoid in a RPG (well, the first time you stumble upon them, that is, you definitely want to skip them in e.g. a NG+, or if you forgot to save after it).

This is not so much a problem of how long they are but when you get the ability to quit. If it was the same amount of cutscene time but split among several cutscenes it wouldn't be as troublesome. I suppose you could just suspend the system, but what are the chances that when you return back you'll be lost? (you can be guaranteed this would happen to some players)
Sik is pronounced like "seek", not like "sick".
Porecomesis wrote:That's like a country asking to stockpile all the nukes in the world. Or vertical09 offering to let the cast of the game sleep in his house.

Superbowl54
Majin
Majin

Postby Superbowl54 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:04 am

I had thought of a spin-off title starring Uni or a new CPU that represents the Vita

Libra
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Libra » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:15 am

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 pm

I imagine it would still be rated M, so that case isn't entirely accurate.

Either way, that case looks nice. Who knew that cover art went so well with the Vita banner?
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2: mk2. ^^
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:51 pm

Zdood wrote:Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2: mk2. ^^

Then what the hell would we call a port of the original game?

neptuniavita2013
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby neptuniavita2013 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 pm

I mentioned the first game because that's the only one I have played. Even if they merged Mk2's battle system with the first game, or ported a later entry I'd be content. I'm not moving on to the second one until I platinum the first, and unfortunately I didn't realize that there are hidden stocks in it, so I have to start all over. Hopefully one of them will be ported or there will be a new game for the Vita. Maybe they could introduce a Vita CPU and have it star her, Uni, and Noire.

Aserrisnepnier
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aserrisnepnier » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:17 pm

neptuniavita2013 wrote:The first Neptunia game was perfect. However, I would prefer to have it on a smaller screen and portable. It would be heaven to be able to play it in bed or on a long car ride. Anyone else agree?

I don't wanna live on this planet anymore...

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”