Hyperdimension Neptunia The App Miniguide ver. 2.00

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
InformationHigh
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: God App Neptune Miniguide/Installation ver. 0.30

Postby InformationHigh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:Also, I've observed that at least in the iOS version, if you want to use this without anyone randomly talking, do not buy a character, otherwise, they will talk about every minute or so, which ruins the app (for that character) if you want to use it as, say, a morning alarm as there is currently no way to shut this off and exiting the app with the alarm set doesn't work for everyone (one person says he got it to play sound that way, but I couldn't). This, of course, means that if you want to use the app for its practical purpose, then you'll be limited to Neptune.

What iOS version do you have? I bought Noire a week or so ago and I have been using it as a alarm and haven't had the problem with the talking. When it's on she'll say random stuff, but eventually the phone sleeps and she stops talking. When I exit the app the alarm still works as well. I have another app that's similar to this one (the Haganai one) and it also keeps the alarm on even if the app isn't in the foreground. So maybe it's something that happens on specific devices/iOS versions?

Either way, I wish I had known that they were planning on localizing this, otherwise I would have just waited before I dropped money on it.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:04 am

InformationHigh wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:Also, I've observed that at least in the iOS version, if you want to use this without anyone randomly talking, do not buy a character, otherwise, they will talk about every minute or so, which ruins the app (for that character) if you want to use it as, say, a morning alarm as there is currently no way to shut this off and exiting the app with the alarm set doesn't work for everyone (one person says he got it to play sound that way, but I couldn't). This, of course, means that if you want to use the app for its practical purpose, then you'll be limited to Neptune.

What iOS version do you have? I bought Noire a week or so ago and I have been using it as a alarm and haven't had the problem with the talking. When it's on she'll say random stuff, but eventually the phone sleeps and she stops talking. When I exit the app the alarm still works as well. I have another app that's similar to this one (the Haganai one) and it also keeps the alarm on even if the app isn't in the foreground. So maybe it's something that happens on specific devices/iOS versions?

Either way, I wish I had known that they were planning on localizing this, otherwise I would have just waited before I dropped money on it.

I have iOS 6.0.1. How long does it take for Noire to shut up? Also, I've tried switching the notice from a banner to an alert and I made sure that notification sounds were on and it still doesn't work. Now I'm starting to think I could be experiencing a bug.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

InformationHigh
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby InformationHigh » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:I have iOS 6.0.1. How long does it take for Noire to shut up? Also, I've tried switching the notice from a banner to an alert and I made sure that notification sounds were on and it still doesn't work. Now I'm starting to think I could be experiencing a bug.

Yeah that's weird, I have 6.0.1 also. As soon as my phone sleeps she stops talking. In notification center I have everything to On and it's set to banner notifications. Maybe TreeofMana can try at least the alarm on iOS to see if it works when the app is in the background.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: God App Neptune Miniguide/Installation ver. 0.32

Postby Daverost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:05 am

So what's the extent of the Twitter functionality on this app? All I've seen after logging in is the ability to post pictures I take with the camera to Twitter, but I thought it was supposed to do something else. Where do I find the other stuff?
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Jakps likes Noire
Majin
Majin

Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia The App Miniguide ver. 1.00

Postby Jakps likes Noire » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 am

Does anyone know when the app (English version) will be released for the Android phones?
Loyal to my country, loyal to my console, loyal to my goddess.

TreeofMana
Majin
Majin

Postby TreeofMana » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 am

For those that are reading this, the app came out in English on iOS devices!

InformationHigh wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:I have iOS 6.0.1. How long does it take for Noire to shut up? Also, I've tried switching the notice from a banner to an alert and I made sure that notification sounds were on and it still doesn't work. Now I'm starting to think I could be experiencing a bug.

Yeah that's weird, I have 6.0.1 also. As soon as my phone sleeps she stops talking. In notification center I have everything to On and it's set to banner notifications. Maybe TreeofMana can try at least the alarm on iOS to see if it works when the app is in the background.

Sorry for the late update, but I just tried both the Japanese and US version of the iOS app, and the alarm goes off if I turn off the phone, even if I were to 'cancel' the app from the task tray. They are also quiet and don't speak through those methods. Although I didn't buy any of the girls on the iOS version, as I'm pretty sure my sister wouldn't like having Neptune on her phone, so that could be a factor into why it's acting differently on my end. I would suggest try uninstalling the app and re-download Noire to see if that could possibly fix it Wdog.

Daverost wrote:So what's the extent of the Twitter functionality on this app? All I've seen after logging in is the ability to post pictures I take with the camera to Twitter, but I thought it was supposed to do something else. Where do I find the other stuff?

I never had a twitter account, so I created one and had issues with it working for me but I found out you can access your messages, tweets and everything, although it's a bit unorthodox on how they did it in this application. First, when you go to the [Others] and head to the [Twitter] option, there will be that "Log In" button, then in the top-right hand side there will be a Sign Up section where if you click it, it will ask if you would like to sign up or sign in. I did sign in and I was able to access all my stuff. But when I hit back and went to the twitter tab, it still said I needed to "Log In" and it gave me the option to Authorize app again, but if I DO select that option, I can't view my tweets.

Long story short:

- Avoid using the "Authorize App" option, otherwise you can't view your tweets.
- If you do "Authorize App", you will need to log out, and then log-in via the first method.

You can then view your tweets still via selecting the "Sign up" section up top. I will need to do some more testing to try and figure out why it's such a pain.

Jakps likes Noire wrote:Does anyone know when the app (English version) will be released for the Android phones?

Unfortunately during the stream this past Friday, they said they had no current plans yet. So the best way to enjoy it now is from the Japanese version of the app.

---
Also, this is what Neptune says on the iOS free version:

"Hmm? Something there?"
"Hmm? What's up?"
"Dwah! You surprised me!"

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:39 pm

All that does is just show me the Twitter mobile page. I guess you can't read through the app like you can in other apps.
I never got my avatars.

xnobody13
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby xnobody13 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:29 pm

TreeofMana wrote:
Also, this is what Neptune says on the iOS free version:

"Hmm? Something there?"
"Hmm? What's up?"
"Dwah! You surprised me!"

When the phone is shook, Neptune says something along the lines of "I'm gonna hurl," though the last word she says is unknown to me
Spoiler:

tigerwsquared
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby tigerwsquared » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:58 pm

This is a very useful guide for those of us still stuck with the Japanese VA... cough cough Android cough cough... hopefully a little push is all that is needed to get the app.

But seriously thanks!

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:00 pm

xnobody13 wrote:When the phone is shook, Neptune says something along the lines of "I'm gonna hurl," though the last word she says is unknown to me

Ralph.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ralph
I never got my avatars.

artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby artemisthemp » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:08 am

Anyone know's what change there is in 1.07?

TreeofMana
Majin
Majin

Postby TreeofMana » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:23 am

artemisthemp wrote:Anyone know's what change there is in 1.07?

For 1.07:

-Added the Spring Voice set for Noire and Neptune
-Changed the splash screen.

Still waiting for 1.08 to be uploaded, but according to the Japanese site it fixes a display bug.

Akeashar
Majin
Majin

Postby Akeashar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 am

I really don't understand the complaints about the girls not shutting up so you can't use them as an alarm. Its simple, just minimize the program. Heck, the english version of the App even tells you this when you set the alarm?

My Noire in my pocket just did her alarm thing with the most adorable:

"Hey, its time to wake up. If you don't wake I'll... have to hit you with a pillow!"

She's on full hearts so I don't know if thats the reason she used that line rather than the line she was doing when on zero hearts, or if they're just totally randomized. But it was cute. :)

Note: I've got and use both the JA and US apps at the same time, no problem with her not talking and the alarm working for both when they're minimized, on the iPhone version at least.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:05 pm

You use an iPhone, I use an iPod Touch. My theory is that that's connected to why I'm having the problem but others aren't.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

TreeofMana
Majin
Majin

Postby TreeofMana » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:12 am

I will be updating the guide relatively soon to reflect that issue Akeashar, as I haven't seen that issue when using it on my sister's iPhone 4S or my Android phone and testing it at each lily rank for both devices. In addition, from Wdog's post, it seems that he/she is having that issue only with their iPod touch. Do you mind telling us what generation your iPod touch is Wdog? Maybe we can try some troubleshooting to help see if it is that particular generation of iPod touches. I'll also see if I can borrow my buddy's iPod touches as well since he as a few generations of them - assuming he doesn't mind having Neptune on his devices...

Also here's a link to the 1.08 version of the Japanese android app. All credit goes to the poster who uploaded it on 4chan's /vg/ Neptunia generals. I checked out the link as well, clean and safe. For those wondering how to update the app, follow the steps I listed for the Android version and it will allow you to update it.

1.08 Change log:

-Fixed a display issue.

Not 100% what it display issue it fixed, but that's according to the app's store page on the google play store.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”