Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Florentine
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP Announced

Postby Florentine » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:14 am

Leon Tekashi wrote:
JaxTH wrote:
Nerroth wrote:So, now that this is happening, might the odds of this game being localised have been increased?

Well, seeing as Miku is a rhythm game, who knows?

If Sega can do that, so can NISA.

I'm hopeful for the localisation at least, but just in case, I'm importing it. :D
I wish they would announce it earlier though...
Project: New Life, Start!
Blanc <3 For True Goddess!
Spoiler:

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 am

Nerroth wrote:So, now that this is happening, might the odds of this game being localised have been increased?

If by what you mean as in a Physical copy, then the answer is no it hasn't increased.

FauxSho
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby FauxSho » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:51 am

Leon Tekashi wrote:
JaxTH wrote:

You're assuming NISA has the same amount of resources as SEGA. Also, Hatsune Miku is several times more popular than the Neptunia franchise. The fact that they're both rhythm games isn't enough to warrant localizing Neptunia. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying that SEGA localizing Project Diva F literally has no bearing on whether this game will be released here in the West.
ImageImage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 pm

FauxSho wrote:
Leon Tekashi wrote:
JaxTH wrote:

You're assuming NISA has the same amount of resources as SEGA. Also, Hatsune Miku is several times more popular than the Neptunia franchise. The fact that they're both rhythm games isn't enough to warrant localizing Neptunia. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying that SEGA localizing Project Diva F literally has no bearing on whether this game will be released here in the West.

Well it should at least give them some confident to do it if possible.
Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Not one bit. That's a straight rhythm game. Not really an oddity in the west, though it is a rarity.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

jj..
Vassal
Vassal

Postby jj.. » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:52 am

Daverost wrote:

Not one bit. That's a straight rhythm game. Not really an oddity in the west, though it is a rarity.

I agree. Project diva has nothing to do with idol neptune. BUT it can serve as a gauge to see how a game like this is received. Granted neptunia games are rather new and have a fanbase limited to sony consumers as opposed to a vocaloid, but it still will be relevant information. i have no idea how well square enix's rhythm games sell but project diva can help spread.... desire? well it can help create a larger market for these types of games if people start getting hyped about them. and maybe we'll see more niche games as a result. pure speculation but it makes sense in my mind :?

Akeashar
Majin
Majin

Postby Akeashar » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:53 am

You have just made my millennium. I'm surprised I didn't get an email blast from Sony or Sega about it.

TaranTatsuuchi
Majin
Majin

Postby TaranTatsuuchi » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:14 am

Akeashar wrote:
Nepdood wrote:It's Vert's time to shine
Strangely, I like her idol remix more than the others' remixes.

Now... I love Vert's personality, and all, but... wow... the expansion in her chest size going into HDD goes into ... I hate to say it... a Hyper Hyper Hyperdimension. @[email protected];;

Perhaps even a 'Godly Dimension'...?

:P

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:56 pm

According to a post I saw on 2ch, and that may be fake without confirmation (can't check the sites here at work though), Neptune PP got 29/40 on Famitsu, with the marks 7/7/7/8. Of course, Famitsu scoring means nothing (I can just point out the 40/40 to Nintendogs or the 28/40 to Demon's Souls), but I'm reporting it for information purposes.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 pm

zazza345 wrote:According to a post I saw on 2ch, and that may be fake without confirmation (can't check the sites here at work though), Neptune PP got 29/40 on Famitsu, with the marks 7/7/7/8. Of course, Famitsu scoring means nothing (I can just point out the 40/40 to Nintendogs or the 28/40 to Demon's Souls), but I'm reporting it for information purposes.

Wait, it's already out over there?

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:05 pm

No (it's out next week), but both Dengeki and Famitsu usually post reviews in advance.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:06 pm

zazza345 wrote:No (it's out next week), but both Dengeki and Famitsu usually post reviews in advance.

Ah, right. Did they say exactly what their problems were or do they only give numbers? I don't really pay much attention to Famitsu at all.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:20 am

You'll never get negative points from Famitsu reviews, even with games that are horrible, also because they're mostly 4-5 lines long. That said, usually scores leak early then the text comes later IF it's worthwile (hint: most of the time it isn't).

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 am

Some small tidbits from Dengeki Playstation:

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/29218946.html

Basically, a few selection of the costumes available for the live, and it's reported the "appearance of Nepgear on the live stage is confirmed".

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:49 am

I've also taken a look at the Famitsu "comments" for the review, but as I expected there's nothing really bad described. The worst comment that I found was one of the reviewers mentioning he'd like more songs in. Someone else said that to load a game you have to get back to the title screen and that's inconvenient.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”