Cho Jigen Game Neptune The Animation (TV Anime, 12th July)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Cho Jigen Game Neptune The Animation (TV Anime, 12th Jul

Postby Rednal » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:01 pm

>Complaining about English Dubs

>To one of the companies that's most reliable about producing them

>And basically never has English-only releases

I know there are people who prefer Japanese, but... :?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Rednal wrote:>Complaining about English Dubs

>To one of the companies that's most reliable about producing them

>And basically never has English-only releases

I know there are people who prefer Japanese, but... :?

Yeah I agree....It was a Noire fanboy too...
Thank goodness we have Noire fans that aren't too picky by her voice.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:20 pm

LoweeIsLove wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:The anime is probably the best thing to come out of Neptunia, will buy, hope it comes with dual audio though.

Funimation confirmed it will have dual-audio after a butthurt fan got angry about the English dub on Facebook.

I'd like a link to that.

Though if it honestly took that to convince them to confirm dual-audio, Funi had it coming, they should've just confirmed it spot on.

FANSean
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby FANSean » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:39 pm

LoweeIsLove wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:The anime is probably the best thing to come out of Neptunia, will buy, hope it comes with dual audio though.

Funimation confirmed it will have dual-audio after a butthurt fan got angry about the English dub on Facebook.

of course they did.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:10 pm

FANSean wrote:
LoweeIsLove wrote:

of course they did.

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:
LoweeIsLove wrote:

I'd like a link to that.

Though if it honestly took that to convince them to confirm dual-audio, Funi had it coming, they should've just confirmed it spot on.

Good enough? :roll:
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

NoireRulz
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby NoireRulz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:51 pm

I'll never understand all the ENG/JP dub stuff, or why 1 side always feels the need to attack the other over liking a certain dub.

I prefer the ENG dub to this serious personally, but I don't see anything bad about the JP dub.
Youtube / Twitter / Album of my Noire & Black Heart Shrines[UPDATED]

"Stand in my way, and I'll make sure you fall" - Black Heart

"Noire is the dragon that flies below the sun"

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:05 pm

In my experience, the hate mostly goes one way - some people who really love Japanese dubs HATE having any English spoiling things, but I've never really seen people say that they dislike Japanese dubs for reasons other than stuff like "I'd rather not need to read subtitles". It's usually a matter of practicality, not disliking the language itself.

In fairness, there are differences between the languages - Japanese seems much better at both cute and tsundere voices, for example. The tone and pitch, to me, just seem to work better for those personalities.

I... don't really think that justifies the hate that English sometimes gets, though. XD; It'd be one thing if they were complaining about something with an objectively terrible dub (hi, Chaos Wars), but Neptunia's dubbing has always been decent enough.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Rednal wrote:In my experience, the hate mostly goes one way - some people who really love Japanese dubs HATE having any English spoiling things, but I've never really seen people say that they dislike Japanese dubs for reasons other than stuff like "I'd rather not need to read subtitles". It's usually a matter of practicality, not disliking the language itself.

In fairness, there are differences between the languages - Japanese seems much better at both cute and tsundere voices, for example. The tone and pitch, to me, just seem to work better for those personalities.

I... don't really think that justifies the hate that English sometimes gets, though. XD; It'd be one thing if they were complaining about something with an objectively terrible dub (hi, Chaos Wars), but Neptunia's dubbing has always been decent enough.

I have a stigma towards English dubs due to my upbringing with 4Kids anime but, even so, I prefer to judge dubs and subs on a case-by-case basis.
Spoiler:
For the record, the official sub of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds on Crunchyroll is utter crap.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:25 pm

LoweeIsLove wrote:
Good enough? :roll:

They're right about Noire's voice even if they are a bit rude about it. Oh well, Crap characters have crap voices, seems fitting. Another one I don't like is Christina no range noel vermillion voice Vee.
Sure she's a lovely lady irl though.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:50 pm

Rednal wrote:Neptunia's dubbing has always been decent enough.
Ehhh... Ehhhhhh... Eh. To each their own. I do agree about the "cute" voices though, since it's mostly dubbed girls in "moe" games that just don't work for me. Guys and "women" have... not been a problem for the most part, least that I can think of. Could just be who the people localizing those games have access to for their dubbing though. :(

Porecomesis wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The actual subtitles or the voices? I really liked the voices in Japanese, and the dub, localization aside, didn't have an all bad cast from what I've heard of it (which isn't much).

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Seventh wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The actual subtitles or the voices? I really liked the voices in Japanese, and the dub, localization aside, didn't have an all bad cast from what I've heard of it (which isn't much).

Spoiler:
The actual subtitles. The fansubs are a heck of a lot better.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:28 pm

There's no problem with the sub/dub thing. It becomes a problem when someone says one is better than the other and, passively or otherwise, says others need to agree.

While attacks happen from both sides, it's usually the dub side that's more sinister, since they usually say "why do you have to listen to a language you don't understand?" followed by the usual name-calling and whatever stuff you've seen before. Though in actual reality, this makes the dub side all the more hypocritical, at least the sub side doesn't have this danger as much if any.

The difference not realized here is 'what I like better' vs 'what is better'.

I mean, we know the JP dub is canon after all, which is about as close as one could get to an actual valid argument in any sub vs dub debate, but who cares? You like what you like and you don't need to justify that.

Elston87
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Elston87 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:41 pm

At least they secured a good portion of the original cast, although I do wonder how Iffy and especially Rei are going to sound dubbed without their original actresses.

I look forward to hearing the dub.
My outdated Tumblr and semi-updated Twitter

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Rednal wrote:It's usually a matter of practicality, not disliking the language itself.

Actually there are those who will watch anime with subs even in English; I've known quite a few who do so. Hell I've been in communities where the entire user-base preferred English but still had the subs active with the dialogue.

It's usually fanning out about a voice actor in the English dub that leads people to become hostile about it. I have one friend who called me a "Tasteless Whore" for not watching EVA in English a couple weeks back. He loves subs, but in this instance he was actually mad about it.

So it's person by person by person really, each person has their own reason for either liking or disliking either of the two formats. lol

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Personally, I prefer my comedy to be in English (I find that spoken jokes are funniest when I understand what's being said), and I'm pretty neutral on everything else.

And there are exceptions to everything, of course - hence my note about "usually" (as in "usually the case in my personal experience, heck if I know what the fandom as a whole thinks"). Online, I hear a lot of pro-Japanese people raging against the inclusion of English in anything. Offline, like at my local convention, I see a couple thousand people loving English dub premieres each year. In fairness, that's the kind of event that only attracts people who like English dubs to begin with, but still. That's not exactly symptomatic of widespread hatred of English dubs.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone has their own preferences, and I don't really care what other people prefer as long as they don't try to stop other people from enjoying anime in their preferred way. ^^ That said, I should probably ask if they're including the bonus episode or not...

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”