Hyperdimensional Neptunia Re;Birth (Vita/PC)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Hyperdimensional Neptunia Re;Birth (Vita/PC)

Postby vampko » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:40 am

My1xT wrote:Just remove the codecs and rather use vlc which uses its own codecs internally, and doesn't put them in the system.

Not an option. VLC doesn't always work. I use both, as they both have their uses

Found the problem though. For some reason it was running in xp compatibility. When I turned that off, it works.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:28 pm

> VLC

No, please. That's the digital equivalent of watching VHS tapes.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:27 am

well I personally use KMPlayer at home but VLC isnt bad, or what's the problem with it?

I use KMP mostly for videos, and VLC for music and as backup player for vids if KMP has a major screwup...
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:12 am

Honestly, if you spend the time to set it up, it's fine. It used to have problems with stuff like ordered chapters, 10bit, H.264, .ass support, and other stuff, but that's been largely dealt with. But out of the box it's still just a poor experience compared to other players for most people. Default control setup is bad, colors are generally washed out, and there's often a blur. All fixable with some playing around, but not really worth the time when you could just get something better to start with. It also doesn't scrub/seek worth a crap. And unless they fixed it within the last year or so, it's a memory hog.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Dumbrarere
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Dumbrarere » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:32 pm

I personally find this to be the best game in the series :3
Don't mind my avatar... All the Neptunia-related or Lucky Star-related pics are too large. (# ̄ω ̄)
"I remember looking outside and seeing a red sky, with everything else on fire. Either I was in hell, or it was just another Tuesday." - xnobody13

Boromonokli
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Boromonokli » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 am

This was my intro to the series, and being the in the stereotypical "born with a keyboard and a mouse in hand" kind of person, (who still recalls using a shortcut from New Scorpigal to Dragonsand in Might and Magic VI: Mandate and Heaven) I had to taunt it the question: can you do better than Ultima IV?

This game can. I enjoyed it a lot. Sure, it has a villain, scripted losses, but the combat is all around fun, fast, the characters are adorable, the writing is quite smart (although I'm still curious about the original, not having a PS3 myself), and for the most part I didn't feel grinding levels or items was particularly tedious.

My only gripe is IF felt like a fifth wheel. She had more INT than STR, but practically no attacks to choose from, venom and paralyze are way too random and resisted way too often to be of any use, and her SP skills don't look that impressive for how much they cost. Oh, and no HDD combined with no endgame super-weapons that I know of. Too bad, she's a really good character otherwise.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”