Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby affinity7799 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:34 pm

it would get more sales if they added Plutia / Pururut to the party :lol: but yea PS4 isn't that major in JPN compared to the west. this can sell more in the west especially since there's hardly any new JRPGs on ps4 this year. very little competition in the market. I saw some gameplay and stuff and V II really is a new gen of Neptune rpg, looks like they improved everything while having the best things of their breakthroughs!! even the transformations and NEXT transformations (and the music, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Spoiler:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! ULTRA ULTIMATE HYPER MEGA EXTREME EPICNESS!!!!!!
) makes the first Neptune game proud ^-^

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:38 pm

affinity7799 wrote:it would get more sales if they added Plutia / Pururut to the party :lol:

Affinity, 23k was around 60% to 80% of their initial shipment, that means the first shipment was only around 42,000, if that. This doesn't even account for Digital Sales, which last I checked, V II is either 3rd or 4th.

It sold pretty well for being on a system that has yet to take off in Japan.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Finally started. I noticed Mika Kanai modified a bit the voice of Histoire, making her a bit more mature-like.
Sadly, I also notice the engine stutters in the first dungeon, if you run into the debris around the framerate will drop below 60. Performance in battle seems fine.

Spoiler:
After a recap of Gamegoukai and the four goddess, the narration briefly mentions the fact they overcame the Criminal God and the goddess of Tari, adding that however, the peace isn't going to last.

Then there's the movie shown at TGS where Uzume watches the Zero Dimension getting wrecked by the Dark Goddesses, and asks for help.

Neptune, after dozing off outside (saying these kind of days are good for taking a nap) hears a sound of something hitting the ground, goes to investigate and finds a console she can't recognize. For a brief moment she hears Uzume's voice asking for help, but can't figure out where it's coming from. She then decides to bring the console home. At the church, she meets Nepgear and Histoire, who of course is not happy about what she is (not) doing. Neptune introduces both to the audiences, and also Noire, described as a loner without friends, which prompts her usual reaction.
Gear examines the console but she's not sure it can be fixed. At this time they both hear Uzume's voice and get sucked into a vortex.
When Neptune wakes up, they're in the Zero Dimension. Trying to assess the situation, they run into a monster, and find out they can't transform. They fight anyway (Neptune mentions to Nepgear that since it's the tutorial battle, they can't die), and after defeating the monster, Nepgear understands why they can't transform: there are no shares. Neptune tries to joke mentioning her position in the popularity polls, but she realizes too she can't feel the shares.
Progressing through the dungeon, they finally see the entire city in ruins, and also Uzume who is fighting a group of monsters. They rush to her aid.
Uzume gets contacted by Umio (though his face isn't shown at this time) because he thinks she's being reckless. Uzume doesn't care, and keeps fighting. After Neptune and Nepgear appear, she attacks them because she thinks they can't possibly humans. While attacking Neptune she introduces herself as Uzume Tennoboshi, and when Neptune does the same, she can't get the name right.
Before going too serious Nepgear stops both of them, reiterating they're not enemies. As a number of monsters appear, Uzume joins the party and the three start attacking.

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Fri May 01, 2015 1:26 am

Sadly, I also notice the engine stutters in the first dungeon, if you run into the debris around the framerate will drop below 60. Performance in battle seems fine.

Must be BluRay issues then, as the digital version has had absolutely no issues.
There's one dungeon in Neptune G that lags like a bitch, but it's so massive that I'm not surprised.

affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:48 am

Aushria wrote:
affinity7799 wrote:it would get more sales if they added Plutia / Pururut to the party :lol:

Affinity, 23k was around 60% to 80% of their initial shipment, that means the first shipment was only around 42,000, if that. This doesn't even account for Digital Sales, which last I checked, V II is either 3rd or 4th.

It sold pretty well for being on a system that has yet to take off in Japan.

Still, Plutia would at least double the sales!! ^-^

maybe as DLC character? even the first Neptunia game added DLC playables. Plutia makes things better!!
Plutia herself is a system seller!! Sister Plutiaaaaaaaaaaa~

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Fri May 01, 2015 7:49 am

by the way how does the DLC list look like?
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Fri May 01, 2015 7:58 am

With the reception Plutia has in JPN, her presence alone isn't going to sell a lot of units. She's a love/hate character.
Last edited by Leon Tekashi on Fri May 01, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

ivanchu77
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ivanchu77 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:49 am

Not to mention her seiyuu (Kana Hanazawa) is super expensive due to her huge popularity right now, so until another seiyuu becomes the new flavor of the month in the anime industry and she´s start to get less roles and become less expensive, i doubt we see Plutia anytime soon.

einar
Majin
Majin

Postby einar » Fri May 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Aushria wrote:Must be BluRay issues then, as the digital version has had absolutely no issues.

Ahem, no game reads directly off the drive: it's too slow, so depending on the game, data are cached to the HD (faster as rotational media go) for easier access. IOW, there may be explanations, but BD disc access isn't one of them.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri May 01, 2015 2:28 pm

ivanchu77 wrote:Not to mention her seiyuu (Kana Hanazawa) is super expensive due to her huge popularity right now, so until another seiyuu becomes the new flavor of the month in the anime industry and she´s start to get less roles and become less expensive, i doubt we see Plutia anytime soon.

This.

Also, what's the bad end? Everyone dies or something?

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Fri May 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:Also, what's the bad end? Everyone dies or something?

Neptune accidentally unleashes a pudding tsunami and floods all of Gamindustri.

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Fri May 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Everyone except for Neptune were killed by being suffocated by the amount of pudding
Spoiler:

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Fri May 01, 2015 3:54 pm

but does somebody know what DLC is out there already?
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Satokyu1
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Satokyu1 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:59 pm

The music for this game is pretty nice.

especially the GG piece
hi you can call me queen of pageshift

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Fri May 01, 2015 4:37 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:With the reception Plutia has in JPN, her presence alone isn't going to sell a lot of units. She's a love/hate character.
ivanchu77 wrote:Not to mention her seiyuu (Kana Hanazawa) is super expensive due to her huge popularity right now, so until another seiyuu becomes the new flavor of the month in the anime industry and she´s start to get less roles and become less expensive, i doubt we see Plutia anytime soon.

The last time we saw Plutia was in last December with the release of Re;birth 3: V Century, so I'm sure they have the funds for Kana to voice her. Also if Kana is in it, that would definitely increase the sales and popularity of Victory II if I theorize it seeing how she's so popular. 8-)
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”