Cho Jigen Action Neptune U announced

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Cho Jigen Action Neptune U announced

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:47 pm

I found doing Floors 44-48 over and over with the One Hit KO cheat activated to be a better method or at least a less boring one. The 47th floor takes a bit longer than the others, but in return, the loading from floor to floor is considerably shorter than loading from the Neptral menu to a floor, so you not only deal with less loading times, but you also don't have to select your characters and such nearly as much (4-5 times per rank compared to 25 or so times), so it's a smoother experience.

I think I tried that for a bit on the Japanese version and I lasted about a couple hours before I just switch to doing Floors 1-5 on repeat over and over again without cheats, which takes about as long (even timed it to be sure; those two methods take about 20 minutes each per rank). By comparison, IIRC, Floors 44-48 with cheats takes about 16-18 minutes per rank (didn't time it for the EN version, but I believe I did for the Korean release).
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:I found doing Floors 44-48 over and over with the One Hit KO cheat activated to be a better method or at least a less boring one. The 47th floor takes a bit longer than the others, but in return, the loading from floor to floor is considerably shorter than loading from the Neptral menu to a floor, so you not only deal with less loading times, but you also don't have to select your characters and such nearly as much (4-5 times per rank compared to 25 or so times), so it's a smoother experience.

I think I tried that for a bit on the Japanese version and I lasted about a couple hours before I just switch to doing Floors 1-5 on repeat over and over again without cheats, which takes about as long (even timed it to be sure; those two methods take about 20 minutes each per rank). By comparison, IIRC, Floors 44-48 with cheats takes about 16-18 minutes per rank (didn't time it for the EN version, but I believe I did for the Korean release).

Somehow I'm not surprised you figured out a more time-optimized method than the rest of us. The floor 5 method is admittedly the obvious one though for sure.
"Happiness lies in the cultivation of the garden." Candide

"Let the foolish continue to be foolish." Me (EDG), WPHS Yearbook Quote 2006

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:02 pm

not bad...
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:I found doing Floors 44-48 over and over with the One Hit KO cheat activated to be a better method or at least a less boring one. The 47th floor takes a bit longer than the others, but in return, the loading from floor to floor is considerably shorter than loading from the Neptral menu to a floor, so you not only deal with less loading times, but you also don't have to select your characters and such nearly as much (4-5 times per rank compared to 25 or so times), so it's a smoother experience.

Somehow I'm not surprised you figured out a more time-optimized method than the rest of us. The floor 5 method is admittedly the obvious one though for sure.

Personally, I found continuing off of Floors 5 and doing Floors 6-9 as well was pretty good. Low amount of enemies and they all spawn in the center so you just need to continually spam AOE attacks in a single direction and you'll get through it rather quickly.

But the optimal method is probably when you are first going through the tower, just constantly swap characters around. Like do the first 10 floors with everyone, and then do the next 10 with different pairs. A bit more repetitive but at least that way, you don't end up wasting like the last 20-ish floors (even more probably since not everyone starts off at 0 and finishing the story mode would have increased some pairs a bit as well) with a pair already at max Lily Rank. Not to mention you also lose out a bit on the "+1 Lily Rank to everyone" event when you complete the tower with everyone. Kind of wish I thought of that beforehand.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:07 pm

@MT0: Well, considering I triple platted the game at this point, not to mention I'm the same guy who figured out on his own how to get every event for a character in PP on a true end playthrough and then apply that several times successfully, I'm not surprised either. *ego intensifies* :P

I noticed that with the OHKO cheat, floors 46 and 48 were equal to the time spent on floor 5, floors 44 and 45 were a couple seconds longer, and floor 47 took about 40 seconds or so depending on what character you have. Experiment with each character and their SP moves (using Infinite SP, of course) to see what moves clear out enemies the quickest (if I make a guide, I'll put in details about these kinds of things).

But yeah, like shadowmaksim said, focus on switching out pairs while going through the tower and don't go above 9. I didn't realize there was a lily rank up event after you cleared Neptral Tower with everyone, so I went up to Rank 10 with everyone I could by mistake, wasting valuable time (which ended up being equivalent to about 20 or so minutes of work, but still, this shit is fucking boring). Either way, by the time I cleared the tower with everyone, I had 11 ranks maxed, 2 more at 8 or 9, and a few at 6 or so, so that definitely saved time.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

NoireRulz
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby NoireRulz » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:20 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:@MT0: Well, considering I triple platted the game at this point, not to mention I'm the same guy who figured out on his own how to get every event for a character in PP on a true end playthrough and then apply that several times successfully, I'm not surprised either. *ego intensifies* :P

Kinda glad I'm not the only person to figure this out on his own :lol:.

Seriously though, I wish I knew about these faster methods when I was still lily grinding. If I ever decide to go back and plat my JP version(not likely though) I'll use these methods.
Youtube / Twitter / Album of my Noire & Black Heart Shrines[UPDATED]

"Stand in my way, and I'll make sure you fall" - Black Heart

"Noire is the dragon that flies below the sun"

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:35 pm

I found the most painless, least repetitive way to be doing floors 1-10, 21-29, and 44-48 (though by 46 I was always done).

You want the enemies to be packed tightly together, which is why I use those sets (don't do 11-20 or 31-40, too much spawn chasing over giant areas), and you want to avoid going back to the level list since the loading time will kill your pace.

I was pulling a full 2-10 (after the auto +1 boost to everyone for finishing the tower with all characters) in about 20 minutes this way.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Meh, I'd personally get bored with those first two tiers since not all the enemies spawn right away on some of the levels, so you don't get through it quite as quickly as you'd want, not to mention not every character has truly effective AOE attacks that would make most of those levels easy. In particular, I know that 21-30 has a fair few levels that work more like 47 where you'll be there for a good 30-45 seconds before you're done. That said, in the end, most of the methods round out to twenty minutes anyway, so it's hard to really argue for any of them time-wise. :P

I'll probably time out the methods at some point for 22 battles (2-10 takes 3 battles per lily rank except for 7-8 and 8-9, which are two each) just to see which is fastest, though I'll include them all since switching out methods every once in a while could also fight out repetition to some extent.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Coming soon to Steam.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Nice! And just as I decided to sell my copy too. :lol:

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”