Chances for a Season 2 of the anime?

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Chances for a Season 2 of the anime?

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:38 pm

Seventh wrote:Why no chance? Unless you mean in the immediate sense because there aren't more games, anyway.

Once there are more though, I think it's fair game.

Well that. And most fans who were fans of the games probably wouldn't see it connecting well with any of the new games. At least not from the looks of V2. Maybe they might make a season 2 off of Action U. But V2 might go down a more serious path like Mk2 did. Wasn't the anime just a heavily altered adaptation of Victory?
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:47 pm

DragonKingKaiser wrote:Wasn't the anime just a heavily altered adaptation of Victory?

The overall plot arc was based loosely on V, but it borrowed a lot of elements from the manga and mk2 as well.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 pm

DragonKingKaiser wrote:Well that. And most fans who were fans of the games probably wouldn't see it connecting well with any of the new games. At least not from the looks of V2. Maybe they might make a season 2 off of Action U. But V2 might go down a more serious path like Mk2 did. Wasn't the anime just a heavily altered adaptation of Victory?

It adapted MK2 and V's last parts while having a lot of content mostly based off of the three games in-between.

I'm not sure why it needs to connect to the games at all, though? The anime did fine as it was before and nothing we know about anything yet should suggest a future anime wouldn't work once they have more material to do what they've already proven they can do.

FANSean
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby FANSean » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:34 pm

I wouldn't mind something a bit more sliceoflife-y especially given how serious the anime got at times (Episode 10 nearly made me cry like a bitch)

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Personally, I think having no plot could have suit an anime of this series just fine. Heck, that was kind of what I was expecting from the anime given how the 2 manga ended up. The setting and characters alone could work just fine with only that.

So if there is a second season, I'd say the best bets would be to just adapt single episode arcs. Maybe an occasional arc that spans 2 episodes even if need be. More freedom to do whatever I guess.

Granted, I still liked the anime we got regardless.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:42 pm

That could work too, if they wanted to go that route, though I get the feeling they wanted to use the anime as more of a commercial for the games in that respect.

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:44 pm

I don't really care how the plot progresses myself, be it single episode format or continuous story, as long as it's more "original" than the "original story" we got from season 1. Basically, every episode would be like 13. Genuinely new content.
Spoiler:

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Seventh wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:Well that. And most fans who were fans of the games probably wouldn't see it connecting well with any of the new games. At least not from the looks of V2. Maybe they might make a season 2 off of Action U. But V2 might go down a more serious path like Mk2 did. Wasn't the anime just a heavily altered adaptation of Victory?

It adapted MK2 and V's last parts while having a lot of content mostly based off of the three games in-between.

I'm not sure why it needs to connect to the games at all, though? The anime did fine as it was before and nothing we know about anything yet should suggest a future anime wouldn't work once they have more material to do what they've already proven they can do.

I thought most people here didn't really like the anime other than for a few laughs. I didn't hear anything about it doing that good. But for all I know it might have been a top ranked anime of the year.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:05 pm

I'm not sure why it having done well here or why it being top ranked should stop them from making another. These ventures are usually mostly for just getting the name out there and to get more sales. For instance, even if an LN-based series doesn't sell much in terms of BDs, if the LN sales increase after the anime airs, it's considered a successful anime.

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm

I thought it did do decently in it's respective ratings. I'd actually like to see some numbers on that.
Spoiler:

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Seventh wrote:I'm not sure why it having done well here or why it being top ranked should stop them from making another. These ventures are usually mostly for just getting the name out there and to get more sales. For instance, even if an LN-based series doesn't sell much in terms of BDs, if the LN sales increase after the anime airs, it's considered a successful anime.

Well after wathing Hidan No Aria and hearing about how blu-ray sales would make the biggest difference I assume the same is for any anime.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 pm

It all depends. I don't think any anime can really be the same though, at least when so many are born from different mediums - you have all original anime, some based on manga, some based on games, and so on. They'll all have varying degrees of merch as well.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Seventh wrote:Why no chance? Unless you mean in the immediate sense because there aren't more games, anyway.

Once there are more though, I think it's fair game.

The first anime was just a jam packed mess of the first three games. So unless they plan to adapt even the spin offs, or V2, which might not work well in the story context, they might care more about making an alternate anime continuity based around V2.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:11 pm

V II would be an amazing anime. People who are saying it would have timeline issues or whatever are whack...or haven't played the game.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:59 pm

vampko wrote:V II would be an amazing anime. People who are saying it would have timeline issues or whatever are whack...or haven't played the game.

I haven't played the game (saw some cutscenes, tho), but I second that opinion. I specifically want moar Stemax if this ends up becoming reality. :lol:
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”