Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Miss Gamindustri 2014

Postby Excelsia » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Miss Gamindustri 2014 Event Coverage

Day 12

Welcome back to beautiful R-18 Island after what has been one of the most tumultuous and controversial weeks in the entire history of Gamindustri! A claim for which even Lady Histoire can vouch!

To bring our viewers up to speed, let's recap this past week's proceedings!

Last monday, the Miss Gamindustri summer swimsuit competition was dealt a devastating blow when a ruling was issued directly from the official pageant committee disqualifying CPU Blanc and CPU Candidate Uni from the contest on the controversial grounds of "indecent exposure of minors". An appeal was made to the ruling board by our patron goddesses themselves citing that despite the appearances of the two CPUs in question, their actual ages fully qualified them both for attendance on R-18 Island as well as for eligibility in the swimsuit contest.

However, under duress of the pageant's private sponsors who believed that widespread media exposure of the sexualization of young-looking girls would negatively impact their professional reputations--many of whom allegedly threatened to withdraw their support, making this and future Miss Gamindustri pageants an unlikely possibility without the revenue to fund them--the ruling board overturned the appeal.

Unofficial allegations were lobbied against the committee, suspect of coercion and bribery by an organized coalition of citizen protestors now being referred to as the "Prude Police" by both supporters and contestants of the Miss Gamindustri pageant, turning this year's competition into a legal and political debacle. Rumors abound that the CPUs may invoke their authority to supersede the board, but some question the integrity of the contest if they were to do so, claiming that it undermines the appointment of a pageant committee in the first place. Still others wonder that if the goddesses are willing to go that far, what's to stop them from rigging the competition itself in their favor?

It would seem that all of Gamindustri is in an uproar over the controversy of this past week. Many fans have been cited as claiming that they can't believe such a fuss is being made over something as simple as swimsuits, and an anonymous internet poll has recently revealed that over 87% of the citizen population who voted wish to see Lady Blanc and Lady Uni return to the competition.

Many are concerned that censorship laws are going too far, and worry about what this could mean for the future of all media in Gamindustri.

However! Just this morning our crew received news that after several days of intense deliberations, event organizers Lady Kei and Lady Histoire have decided that in the interests of maintaining entertainment and tradition to keep both morale and Shares high, the Miss Gamindustri 2014 pageant will go on!

Events are scheduled to resume tomorrow, along with the long-anticipated announcement of the advancing competitors for Round Two of the competition. We'll be here bright and early to continue our event coverage, so as always--stay tuned!
Last edited by Excelsia on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Florentine
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Florentine » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Oh thank the god(desse)s! I actually thought you just straight up left the contest in the gutter, but here we are using real world time antics. :P

And I'm super excited to see who went through! :)
Project: New Life, Start!
Blanc <3 For True Goddess!
Spoiler:

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Yeah. It was a pretty busy week for me, so I spent most of the weekend relaxing like a lazy bastard.
Which, sadly, meant that I didn't have the time to devote to this thread.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Excelsia wrote:a ruling was issued directly from the official pageant committee disqualifying CPU Blanc and CPU Candidate Uni from the contest on the controversial grounds of "indecent exposure of minors"
Excelsia wrote:under duress of the pageant's private sponsors who believed that widespread media exposure of the sexualization of young-looking girls would negatively impact their professional reputations--many of whom allegedly threatened to withdraw their support, making this and future Miss Gamindustri pageants an unlikely possibility without the revenue to fund them--the ruling board overturned the appeal
Excelsia wrote:Many are concerned that censorship laws are going too far, and worry about what this could mean for the future of all media in Gamindustri.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Whelp, looks like the winner from the get-go ( in my opinion ) isn't advancing.

Black Heart | Votes: 4

Seriously, what a travesty. :?
"Happiness lies in the cultivation of the garden." Candide

"Let the foolish continue to be foolish." Me (EDG), WPHS Yearbook Quote 2006

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:
Black Heart | Votes: 4

Seriously, what a travesty. :?

At least she still has a chance. Poor Nisa probably doesn't stand a chance. :(

The original content of this post was removed due to it being stupid and unnecessary. For the sake of intelligent and necessary things, it has been removed!
Last edited by Seventh on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Let's not throw this thread down the path of another argument, please.
Also, you shouldn't be assuming you know what I'm planning to do. ;)

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Why, I would never!

But hey, if I was sure, I wouldn't even be posting here, so there you go. :P

Electric_Ashes
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Electric_Ashes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:19 am

I was originaly not going to vote here because of bias against Planeptune. But since they seem to be winning despite their disadvantage...

1. Iris Heart
2. Purple Heart
3. Purple Sister
4. Cyberconnect2
5. RED

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Miss Gamindustri 2014 Event Coverage

Day 13

Greetings from the Miss Gamindustri 2014 Swimsuit Competition, coming to you live from the contest grounds here on tropical R-18 Island!

The entire island has been abuzz all day with excitement as we anxiously anticipate of the resuming of the Miss Gamindustri pageant, which had until today been on indefinite hiatus due to the unprecedented controversy and drama unfolding just this past week. For an unsettling, long eight days it looked as though the contest may have been doomed to an early and disappointing conclusion, but fortune seems to have smiled upon us and, as planned, the competition is scheduled to get back underway this afternoon!

Word from our inside sources is that the participants are preparing their second round swimsuits in the changing rooms as we speak, getting their sexy on to look their best in order to make a lasting impression upon their audience and bring this contest back into full swing with a bang!

A bit earlier this afternoon our crew caught up with the CPU of Leanbox, the ever elegant Lady Vert, and asked her a few questions about her thoughts and feelings regarding the current state of the Miss Gamindustri pageant, as well as the drama that nearly brought it to a screeching halt.

She was gracious enough to address our inquiries fully, and had this to say:

"It's truly a sad state of affairs when such a rare collaboration of all four Nations, in the interests of friendship and national cooperation in a combined endeavor to bring entertainment and enjoyment to ALL our citizens, winds up falling prey to petty bureaucratic nonsense and overly conservative ignoramuses in control of the media. It personally saddens me to know that there are those whom would seek to undermine the dutiful efforts of all our supporters putting in untold hours of hard work to make this competition not only possible, but a smashing success. They ought to be ashamed of themselves."

Truly Lady Vert is something special. I would go so far as to say that you'd be hard pressed to find a woman more dignified and deserving of her role as goddess in all of Gamindustri. That said, we're also very much looking forward to seeing what kind of spectacular swimsuit Lady Vert will be pulling out to show off her beautiful bombshell body for the second round of the pageant!

Oops! Just a moment. It seems we've just been handed the roster for the Round 2 participants!

Alright folks, this is what you've been waiting for! Here are your advancing contenders for the next round of the Miss Gamindustri 2014 pageant!
Spoiler:
In Round Two, you may vote for up to Four contestants. Once again, once your votes have been locked in, you will not be allowed to change them.

• Purple Heart
  • Iris Heart
  • Purple Sister
  • Black Heart
  • White Heart
  • Crazy Heart (aka: Rei)
  • Noire
  • Vert
  • Chika Hakozaki
  • IF
  • Cave
  • Lyrica (5pb.)
  • MAGES.
  • MarvelousAQL
  • RED
  • Linda (aka: Underling)
  • CFW Magic

Oh my, this is quite the surprise! We certainly didn't expect to see Lady White Heart back in the lineup. According to our sources, an agreement was reached upon yesterday's decision to continue with the competition.

According to information disclosed by Lady Kei Jinguji, Oracle of Lastation and chief organizer of the Miss Gamindustri pageant, an allowance was made to permit CPUs Blanc and Uni to re-enter the contest if they acquiesced to the condition of competing as goddesses only, as it was believed that they would be well recognized as CPUs and afforded the respect that their age and stature deserves.

Unfortunately, it would seem that while Lady Blanc accrued enough votes as the goddess White Heart to advance to the next round, CPU Candidate Uni likewise did not, and thereby was ineligible to continue competing. We can only wonder what Lady Noire must be thinking about her sister's elimination from the contest, even after all the efforts she and the other CPUs went through to see to it that the unjust disqualifications were adequately circumvented.

Oh, we've just received word! The participants are ready to enter the contest grounds and the polls are about to open! This is it, everyone!

The second round of the Miss Gamindustri 2014 Swimsuit Competition begins now!

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:29 pm

I think I'll be abstaining from future votes from here on out.
Last edited by Seventh on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Seventh wrote:Image

Yyyyeah, I'll be abstaining from future votes here if that's how it's going to be. "Prude Police" indeed.

Fawk the police, comin' straight from the underground.

A young nepper got it bad cuz I'm brown.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:44 pm

Now to think on how to distribute votes....
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Seventh wrote:Image

Yyyyeah, I'll be abstaining from future votes here if that's how it's going to be. "Prude Police" indeed.

As the result of this decision to exclude Blanc and Uni due to complaints,

1) Is someone dying or dead?

2) Is someone in a state that might as well be dying or dead?

3) Is something significant on fire?

4) Is someone significant on fire?

5) Is the world going to end?

6) Has any number of souls been eaten or otherwise vacated from their host's body?

If the answer to all of these is "no", then it's not a big deal. In fact, it never was a big deal to begin with because this was about a serious a topic as the Veiore Blantune's Powers thread.

*sigh*

So anyway, I don't know how Magic advanced but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

1. CFW Magic
  2. Linda
  3. Cave
  4. Red
Last edited by Porecomesis on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:49 pm

@ Pore

Wow, um. Seventh was just voicing his disapprovement. No need to start pulling "that" card.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”